Page 72 of 298 FirstFirst ... 226268697071727374757682122172 ... LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 4458

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    The fact that the same artist who designed the Parallax look and came up with the Parallax name itself, draws such an excellent Hal Jordan is the peak of irony to me. Then again irony has always played a big part of this character's publication history and outside media adaptations so it shouldn't be surprising.
    Fwiw Parallax is like one of the only good 90s costume redesigns for a big name hero imo

Last edited by Gaius; 03-01-2021 at 01:07 PM.

Astonishing Member

I always loved the Parallax look on Hal. While never liking Hal as a villain, I still long for Hal being able to reclaim the armor for his Super Sayian form, those rare occasions when he needs to push himself to his ultimate form for confrontations with the likes of the Anti-Monitor or Darkseid (maybe even throw the Krona Gauntlet on too). Some one said that the next GL writer who liked Par(Hal)lax as well might use Convergence Parallax as a big bad in his book. That would be ironic as well since for me the Parallax appearances were my favorite part of the Marz/Kyle run and was seemingly used to boost readership because even Hal fans who hated the villainy loved the appearances well that and the exceptional art of Mr Darryl Banks who I hope to see return as artist on a Green Lantern Hal Jordan book someday. To be honest I want to see a Green Lantern Hal Jordan vs Parallax (not the yellow bug just armored Hal) just like the Hulk vs the Maestro. How do you defeat a more seasoned and more powerful version of yourself?
    Last edited by EmeraldGladiator; 03-01-2021 at 02:07 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    That would be a good cross over.

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    I always loved the Parallax look on Hal. While never liking Hal as a villain, I still long for Hal being able to reclaim the armor for his Super Sayian form, those rare occasions when he needs to push himself to his ultimate form for confrontations with the likes of the Anti-Monitor or Darkseid (maybe even throw the Krona Gauntlet on too). Some one said that the next GL writer who liked Par(Hal)lax as well might use Convergence Parallax as a big bad in his book. That would be ironic as well since for me the Parallax appearances were my favorite part of the Marz/Kyle run and was seemingly used to boost readership because even Hal fans who hated the villainy loved the appearances well that and the exceptional art of Mr Darryl Banks who I hope to see return as artist on a Green Lantern Hal Jordan book someday. To be honest I want to see a Green Lantern Hal Jordan vs Parallax (not the yellow bug just armored Hal) just like the Hulk vs the Maestro. How do you defeat a more seasoned and more powerful version of yourself?

Incredible Member

So, Infinite Frontier #0. Nothing much on Hal, besides one line - from John - stating he, Kyle, Guy, and Jessica are protecting the Crux Worlds (whatever those are). They show up in a small panel at a later point, flying together, but there is nothing to it.

Quote Originally Posted by SebastianS View Post
    So, Infinite Frontier #0. Nothing much on Hal, besides one line - from John - stating he, Kyle, Guy, and Jessica are protecting the Crux Worlds (whatever those are). They show up in a small panel at a later point, flying together, but there is nothing to it.
    I mean I just took it to mean for now that John, Simon, and Jo will have space adventures on Oa while Hal, Jessica, Kyle, and Guy are back on Earth.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Astonishing Member

That's really horrible.

Spectacular Member

I wonder if Hal will appear in a new GLC title, We know its coming with the HBO Max show shooting soon.

Pretty much so DC can say they're out there doing stuff. Which I guess is better than nothing.

And so far my prior speculations about Hal being aged up again seem to have been wrong. That's a good thing I suppose.

I'd be completely fine with everything Parallax if he was a separate character, maybe like Ultraman for Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I'd be completely fine with everything Parallax if he was a separate character, maybe like Ultraman for Superman.
    There was a Parallax running around the universe after the GL #50 - that seemed so long ago at this point, I expect he's hanging out with Lord Malvolio...

Pretty much so DC can say they're out there doing stuff. Which I guess is better than nothing.

And so far my prior speculations about Hal being aged up again seem to have been wrong. That's a good thing I suppose.
    Do you think the artist knew Kyle had changed back to his original costume or had he actually changed it again? "Crux Worlds" doesn't quite sound like a random thing, so I expect a story to come out of that, but I wouldn't be surprised either if it doesn't become anything. I also hope there are a few alien GL's thrown in there as well. Seems like a wasted opportunity to just have earth Lanterns in a story.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Do you think the artist knew Kyle had changed back to his original costume or had he actually changed it again? "Crux Worlds" doesn't quite sound like a random thing, so I expect a story to come out of that, but I wouldn't be surprised either if it doesn't become anything. I also hope there are a few alien GL's thrown in there as well. Seems like a wasted opportunity to just have earth Lanterns in a story.
    I think DC either doesn't seem to care about that detail, or this could be another rush job. If it's the latter, they appear to have had a lot of those recently.

That whole section was a tease for future books, some we knew about, some we didn’t. For example:
    Deathstroke, Inc; Supergirl: Woman of Tomorrow, The Totality, Lobo & Crush, we knew those were coming. If Hal is there then that means there’s another GL book coming, probably Green Lantern Corps.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/