Page 139 of 298 FirstFirst ... 3989129135136137138139140141142143149189239 ... LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,085 of 4458

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    i got excited at first, then got deflated.
    I dunno, it seems really unclear whose hand that is.

how do you feel about the justice armor?

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Eh, not really a fan of the new look, but not a dealbreaker either. If it gets good reviews I guess I might pick up collected edition.
    Has anyone read "JL:Last Ride" yet? Any red flags or indication of how Hal's going to be presented going forward or the size of his role in this?

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Has anyone read "JL:Last Ride" yet? Any red flags or indication of how Hal's going to be presented going forward or the size of his role in this?
    I mean his role seems pretty important, because after whatever breaks up the Justice League he's the one who gets them all back together for one last mission which he establishes and is important to his and the green lantern corps overall mission. So yeah I'd say this will probably be a good Hal Jordan involved mini to pick up.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Doesn’t really look like he’s going to be evil or whatever like some were worried. Hal shows up and basically kicks off the main plot so I assume both he and John will be starring in the mini.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

I read it. It was pretty solid actually. As for Hal he seems to have a prominent role and a positive one as well. Since Hal is not really around now he is definitely one of the reasons I'm going to be buying this. (And for Wally as well). Plus it's been ages since we've seen Hal interact with the rest of the league and I've been waiting for that so not passing that up.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I must have gotten far too paranoid at this point but everyone being so friendly to him despite their mistrust between each other seems kind of suspicious. Besides, noone is surprised about his new look at all so, given what they said about the fate of that other founding JL member that originally split them apart, this clearly must take place in the not-so-distant future. I don't know, anytime they give Hal a "costume change" feels like bad news to me and him basically being the reason they're forced to team up again only raises more questions. Don't get me wrong, I hope he has a good role that doesn't end up having some unpleasant "twist" of sorts.

I'm a little confused as to whether or not Justice League Last Ride is in present continuity? Are these events actually going to happen, or is this an alternate future storyline?

Hal Jordan has one of the coolest costumes in the DCU. It is an iconic hallmark that should never be changed...the armour also brings back bad memories of Parallax.

I 'm not thrilled with the idea of Hal wanting to put OA on earth's moon either, it's like the writers are setting him up to make another authoritative bad decision that could be a disaster for earth.

Still, it's nice to see him in the JLA in any capacity.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nostalgia View Post
    I'm a little confused as to whether or not Justice League Last Ride is in present continuity? Are these events actually going to happen, or is this an alternate future storyline?

Hal Jordan has one of the coolest costumes in the DCU. It is an iconic hallmark that should never be changed...the armour also brings back bad memories of Parallax.

I 'm not thrilled with the idea of Hal wanting to put OA on earth's moon either, it's like the writers are setting him up to make another authoritative bad decision that could be a disaster for earth.

Still, it's nice to see him in the JLA in any capacity.
    This is very much an elseworld series, I wouldn’t say alternate future because that could mean that this would happen in the present day books. It’s just utilizing what we know in present continuity to make its story, but this is not the main universe.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    This is very much an elseworld series, I wouldn’t say alternate future because that could mean that this would happen in the present day books. It’s just utilizing what we know in present continuity to make its story, but this is not the main universe.
    Gotcha, thanks! The armour makes sense now.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

It's too early to know yet. Thus far, John, Kilowog, Jess, and Hal have shown up. Hal's wearing armor inspired by Alan Scott's armor, which was in turn inspired by Hal's Parallax armor. It's an Elseworlds story, so anything is on the table.

Thus far, everyone has been portrayed well, but Clark and Bruce really seem pissy at each other, which is not a great look for either of them

For some other characters there’s some red flags for me but at the moment Hal seems fine.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    It's too early to know yet. Thus far, John, Kilowog, Jess, and Hal have shown up. Hal's wearing armor inspired by Alan Scott's armor, which was in turn inspired by Hal's Parallax armor. It's an Elseworlds story, so anything is on the table.

Thus far, everyone has been portrayed well, but Clark and Bruce really seem pissy at each other, which is not a great look for either of them
    Bruce? Feuding with someone? Damn sure didn't see THAT coming!

I'll give Last Ride a looksee and hope Zdarsky does Hal right.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    For some other characters there’s some red flags for me but at the moment Hal seems fine.
    good to know, thanks. (why do i still worry though?)

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    good to know, thanks. (why do i still worry though?)
    These elseworlds stuff usually only exist to benefit Bats, and then maybe Supes, so it's a fair worry.

Speaking of Hal in an Elseworlds alternate future JLA where things have fallen apart:
    super seven.jpg
    Remember the "Super Seven?"
    Gravedigger Hal:
    Green_Lantern_Super_Seven_006.jpg