Page 109 of 298 FirstFirst ... 95999105106107108109110111112113119159209 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,635 of 4458
    Astonishing Member

they are giving the new GL book every chance to succeed and when DC typically does something like that they try to eliminate any competition. So if there is a HJ&theGLC book in the pipeline you won't even hear about it until this Green Lantern book that is out now is at least up to issue #6. I would buy both but that's not how DC rolls unless it is Bat adjacent.

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    they are giving the new GL book every chance to succeed and when DC typically does something like that they try to eliminate any competition. So if there is a HJ&theGLC book in the pipeline you won't even hear about it until this Green Lantern book that is out now is at least up to issue #6. I would buy both but that's not how DC rolls unless it is Bat adjacent.
    Doesn't mean that Hal has to be continually excluded from the Justice League though.

He held the GL title for 15 years, outsold Superman for a good length of time, while continually being absent from the JLA for the most part....effectively kneecapping his popularity by limiting his exposure on DC comics premier superteam.

I say, now that he doesn't have the GL title, make him the GL of the JLA for once.

Hmm, I think the times Bendis has written Hal he was pretty decent actually. But then again modern JL is usually where characters get written on their autopilot versions which wouldn't do much favors for Hal imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nostalgia View Post
    Doesn't mean that Hal has to be continually excluded from the Justice League though.

He held the GL title for 15 years, outsold Superman for a good length of time, while continually being absent from the JLA for the most part....effectively kneecapping his popularity by limiting his exposure on DC comics premier superteam.

I say, now that he doesn't have the GL title, make him the GL of the JLA for once.
    They likely won't for probably the same reason that's been brought up for the past 20 years about why he can't be the GL representative of a JL roster.

I mean, there's no GL on the League right now, so...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah it’s rather odd come to think of it. Did they tell Bendis he couldn’t have one to give Thorne freedom to set up the new status quo?
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Yeah it’s rather odd come to think of it. Did they tell Bendis he couldn’t have one to give Thorne freedom to set up the new status quo?
    On one hand I can't imagine them telling Bendis no to accommodate Thorne, on the other... Didio ain't around anymore so anything's possible.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Come to think of it, all the GL's are in space now, huh?

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

So what's DC planning to do with Hal Jordan now that he's no longer heading the GL title. Is DC going to...

1) Finally let him become a full member of the Justice League after virtually being scrubbed from it since his resurrection for most years, or....

2) Continue to throw dirt on the coffin of his popularity, even though he outsold Superman throughout most of the early mid 2000's?

I bet on the latter, though they might put him on a second rate team to appease fans.
    I think Hal'll be lying low for a little while as no one wants to make the mistake with Morrison that Venditti did when he tried to follow up Johns run. I think DC also wants to give John Stewart space to shine. Hal will no doubt pop up in various places, but I don't think he'll be getting a solo book for the next couple years. Bendis's Justice League is the most likely place he'll be showing up next.

There's absolutely a final volume of GL: Earth One coming. It's just a matter of when.

I can only assume Hal will show up with something because he's not alone. I don't see Jessica Cruz staying in limbo...although I think Thorne mentioned her showing up? I may be forgetting.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I think Hal'll be lying low for a little while as no one wants to make the mistake with Morrison that Venditti did when he tried to follow up Johns run. I think DC also wants to give John Stewart space to shine. Hal will no doubt pop up in various places, but I don't think he'll be getting a solo book for the next couple years. Bendis's Justice League is the most likely place he'll be showing up next.

There's absolutely a final volume of GL: Earth One coming. It's just a matter of when.
    If he shows up on Bendis's JLA I will be more than happy, and will automatically be sold on picking up the JLA. (I'm reading the current GL series, and I'm happy with Hal taking a hiatus from headlining GL) That being said...

I don't think putting him in limbo makes sense business wise, or is fair to Hal fans, as when he held the GL title for 15 years, other GL's were on the JLA while he was constantly excluded. Now that John is in space, Hal can take over on earth.

thanks man. i agree.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Hal after having whacked plenty of bad guys!

If Hal gets his own title and stay in Coast City, I would like to see his rogues get fleshed out.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    No Flash either, and having a speedster on the team, whether it's Barry or Wally has been a constant for the longest time.

Meanwhile, I agree with the opinion that Hal will be on the sidelines for awhile, unless Bendis brings him onboard in Justice League. I mean, I skipped all the Dark Metal/Future Slate/Infinite Whatever stuff, so, who's the current Lantern of Sector 2814?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!