Page 228 of 298 FirstFirst ... 128178218224225226227228229230231232238278 ... LastLast
Results 3,406 to 3,420 of 4458

Quote Originally Posted by MaxStirner_91 View Post
    Yeah, with a few exceptions here and there like King's Darkseid War story, that's the characterization that's become the blueprint sadly since the New 52.
    That story was awesome. How does King write that and also in his one panel of "HiC" have Hal say that he doesn't even know what willpower is??

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Unfortunately, the recent GL Annual would seem to indicate that, no, they're not taking going to follow up on Morrison's wonderfully Zen characterization and defaulting to Johns's cocky hot head characterization.

I suspect that most of Morrison's work with the character will be ignored simply because the comic got too dense and obtuse for its own good by the end. The upside is that you can re-read those comics again and again while waiting for DC to do something more substantial with Hal.
    Didn't Thorne say at one point he read Morrison's run with Hal?

Doesn't sound like anything stuck unfortunately.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Sounds like what often happens with Morrison's work.
    *&%$ yeah. Morrison spent years rehabilitating Batman from being an *******, and then, immediately after Morrison left, everyone doubled down on ******* Batman.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Morrison is completely on point with their characterizations of Batman, Superman and Hal. But DC and most of the fanbase apparently prefers the boring af versions so we always get stuck with them again once Morrison leaves.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Didn't Thorne say at one point he read Morrison's run with Hal?

Doesn't sound like anything stuck unfortunately.
    Thorne didn't write the annual. He simply reassured us that Hal wouldn't be punked during the story, which was accurate. He did not, however, assure us that Hal wouldn't be unnecessarily dickish because Ryan Cady couldn't figure out a less contrived way of having Jess & Hal at odds.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    *&%$ yeah. Morrison spent years rehabilitating Batman from being an *******, and then, immediately after Morrison left, everyone doubled down on ******* Batman.
    Other than hitting Dick I don't think Snyder's Batman was that much of a @#$hole but c'est la vie.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Other than hitting Dick I don't think Snyder's Batman was that much of a @#$hole but c'est la vie.
    Snyder wasn't too bad, no. In his own book, Batman doesn't tend to be too much of a prick. It's whenever he appears in the larger DCU that he becomes insufferable

Fantastic Member Mutatis_Mutandis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Morrison is completely on point with their characterizations of Batman, Superman and Hal. But DC and most of the fanbase apparently prefers the boring af versions so we always get stuck with them again once Morrison leaves.
    Preach, lol. At best, they reuse some of Morrison's concepts without their characterization and ability to craft a story.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I very much doubt he would survive this movie, regardless of how things turned out in the games, but I'll be glad if I'm wrong.
    I am now worried.

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    I am now worried.
    Don't be. My pessimism regarding this character is sometimes warranted and sometimes totally off the mark. It could go either way. I usually base my opinions on how I see the character is treated on the DC totem pole. When he's not much of a priority for DC like he clearly doesn't appear to be anymore, I naturally tend to expect the worst for him. But the folks who made the Injustice movie could like him and end up doing him justice for all I know. I just try to make sure not to get my hopes up and end up being disappointed like I often have been in recent memory.

Is it new merch? I think I've seen this before.
    i'm not sure... just saw it in twitter and thought it was really cool...

Is it new merch? I think I've seen this before.
    Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    i'm not sure... just saw it in twitter and thought it was really cool...
    DC Essentials version of Hal.

Astonishing Member

I just love the word "Essentials".

Astonishing Member

Don't be. My pessimism regarding this character is sometimes warranted and sometimes totally off the mark. It could go either way. I usually base my opinions on how I see the character is treated on the DC totem pole. When he's not much of a priority for DC like he clearly doesn't appear to be anymore, I naturally tend to expect the worst for him. But the folks who made the Injustice movie could like him and end up doing him justice for all I know. I just try to make sure not to get my hopes up and end up being disappointed like I often have been in recent memory.
    I usually agree with your sentiments. So I am grateful that I am able to express myzelf vicarously through your posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    DC Essentials version of Hal.

I want these figures so much...well, and that collection .