Page 77 of 298 FirstFirst ... 276773747576777879808187127177 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,155 of 4458

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Meanwhile in the other universe.

Am I wrong for thinking Elizabeth Taylor was an influence for a design of one comic Heroine?

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    So, with the recent revelations about Alan, anyone else eager to read Flash & Green Lantern: The Brave and the Bold Vol 1 #3 with a fresh set of eyes?

Personally, I'd love to see Hal going Earthbound, and hanging with Alan for a spell.
    I love when Hal and Alan (Halan) have brodowns. Always a pleasure.

With respect to Alan's love life, it's always been complicated. The retcon can work for him, but I do like thinking of both timelines as accurate. There's a straight Alan Scott in all those stories and there's a gay Alan Scott who went through them as well and they're slightly different. We'll follow the latter going forward. Both happened. I think the retcon still mostly works. Hoping the execute it well going forward, though I feel some will never accept it. That is what it is. Hell, I loved Green Lantern Quarterly #3 where he and Molly's relationship gets highlighted. I'm bummed that's getting upended, but I do see the upside of a gay Alan Scott and hope it's worth the retcon in the end. I'm willing to see where this one goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Meanwhile in the other universe.

As my guy Bored would say, this is one for movie Heaven. Would love to slide into any universe it was showing in for a couple of hours and give it a watch... with a camera so I can bring the bootleg back with me.
    Last edited by Robanker; 03-06-2021 at 11:23 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post

and i was hoping there were plans...
    Well, that's disappointing.

So weird that Maguire decided to give Hal a buzzcut.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    I love when Hal and Alan (Halan) have brodowns. Always a pleasure.

With respect to Alan's love life, it's always been complicated. The retcon can work for him, but I do like thinking of both timelines as accurate. There's a straight Alan Scott in all those stories and there's a gay Alan Scott who went through them as well and they're slightly different. We'll follow the latter going forward. Both happened. I think the retcon still mostly works. Hoping the execute it well going forward, though I feel some will never accept it. That is what it is. Hell, I loved Green Lantern Quarterly #3 where he and Molly's relationship gets highlighted. I'm bummed that's getting upended, but I do see the upside of a gay Alan Scott and hope it's worth the retcon in the end. I'm willing to see where this one goes.
    I am intrigued by the fact that Alan questioned Hal's character in regards to his personal life all the while not being open about himself.

Hal is a disaster (he was literally attacked by a newspaper during a fight), but he owns it. Alan was the man who always seemingly had his life together.

The fact that Alan would seek to push Hal to be better while spending a lifetime suppressing aspects of himself is well.....human among other things. I can see any other person reminding Alan about throwing stones in a glass house, but not Hal.

I think this can add an interesting, but positive dynamic between them, if writers are willing to put in the effort.

Extraordinary Member

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Awesome artwork by Liam.

Astonishing Member

so flash was able to reset time? and hal got his arm back?

They could have tweaked this better. But I think the pros outweigh the cons. For one, more exposure for Hal. And I assume more merchandise.

https://geekositymag.com/hal-jordan-...ern-tv-series/

So I don't know much about this site but it's run by Mikey Sutton who's had some credible scoops before. He previously reported that Alan, Guy, Simon and Jess will be in the GL HBO Max show about a year before it was officially announced, so I'm inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt about this. According to the article, Hal will appear towards the end of the first season of the show and if it gets another season, he would become a regular character. WB apparently were too scared to announce him from the get-go because of the 2011 movie. It also doesn't seem like there are plans for him to show up in the DCEU anymore. Naturally take it with a grain of salt but considering it comes from a source that has gotten things right before, I thought it's worth posting it here.
    Last edited by Johnny; 03-08-2021 at 06:14 AM.

Yeah I would be okay with that if by the end of Season one he would appear to Jessica and Simon like he did in their Rebirth run, to help train them a bit. It would be especially interesting if they showed a younger Hal in the 80's with Guy and then an older Hal in the present who is much more the legend he is to the most of the corps.
    Last edited by sifighter; 03-08-2021 at 06:28 AM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Ending of the season is a good place to introduce the villain for upcoming season.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Ending of the season is a good place to introduce the villain for upcoming season.
    Oh no, you're assuming it'll be as Parallax? I hope not .