Page 251 of 298 FirstFirst ... 151201241247248249250251252253254255261 ... LastLast
Results 3,751 to 3,765 of 4458
    Fantastic Member Mutatis_Mutandis's Avatar

spoilers:
    Did anyone read DC vs. Vampires? I'm a bit frustrated with the character being portrayed this way to be honest. I expected Hal to get turned, that's not the issue. It's just his portrayal seems completely off character as he seems to relish being a vampire and killing innocent people, which I think shouldn't be the case for a hero renowned for his willpower. Other characters seem to at least get heroic deaths but Hal gets the absolute short end of the stick in these events. Oh well. :\
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by MaxStirner_91 View Post
    spoilers:
    Did anyone read DC vs. Vampires? I'm a bit frustrated with the character being portrayed this way to be honest. I expected Hal to get turned, that's not the issue. It's just his portrayal seems completely off character as he seems to relish being a vampire and killing innocent people, which I think shouldn't be the case for a hero renowned for his willpower. Other characters seem to at least get heroic deaths but Hal gets the absolute short end of the stick in these events. Oh well. :\
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I just assume we are working under the once you’re a vampire you’re already an evil bastard looking to drink blood. Plus it feels like Hal was turned for a while. But I did not expect that to happen, I thought he’d just get murdered not that he was the mole. This really is turning into a can’t trust anyone story.
    end of spoilers
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Fingers crossed that Kyle's new role will not be yet another rehash of the Chosen One trope that they've beaten into the ground.
    I doubt it - it seems they've saddled John with that storyline now.

Incredible Member StarSpangledMan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    spoilers:
    I just assume we are working under the once you’re a vampire you’re already an evil bastard looking to drink blood. Plus it feels like Hal was turned for a while. But I did not expect that to happen, I thought he’d just get murdered not that he was the mole. This really is turning into a can’t trust anyone story.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Yeah I really like the mystery of this issue and, who knows, maybe he'll get some sense knocked into him and try to fight back against the vampires. Feels like GL's powers are a Chekov's gun...
    end of spoilers

Well it seems like pretty much everything I speculated about both Justice League: Last Ride and DC vs. Vampires turned out to be more or less accurate. Can you imagine seeing something like this happen to the Hal Jordan character even a few years back. I think at this point I've given this current DC management the benefit of the doubt for long enough, clearly they must not think very highly of this character to be doing this kind of thing to him. And I've been upfront from the get go that I don't mind them not pushing him anymore if they don't think he serves their corporate interests anymore, as long as they don't try to ruin his credibility in the process and well, here we are. These people are clearly not interested in doing this character justice regardless of the continuity, and lord knows I detest these "Management wants to ruin my favorite" talking points I see on social media all the time, but this clearly seems like a reoccurring pattern at this point.

In any event, I guess I should point out he at least evidently seems to be more effective here. In Last Ride he blew up the central power battery to try to stop Darkseid from absorbing its power, yet apparently it had both the exact opposite effect and he ended up being possessed by Darkseid, making him look entirely incompetent in the process. He's clearly not as incompetent here but I'm not sure that should be complimentary.
    Last edited by Johnny; 10-26-2021 at 06:34 AM.

I never had any interested in this series since vampires are tied with zombies for the most overdone horror monster, the only thing it had going for it over DCeased was that it wasn't written by Taylor but all signs point to it being as creatively bankrupt as that series was.
    Last edited by Gaius; 10-26-2021 at 06:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by StarSpangledMan View Post
    spoilers:
    Yeah I really like the mystery of this issue and, who knows, maybe he'll get some sense knocked into him and try to fight back against the vampires. Feels like GL's powers are a Chekov's gun...
    end of spoilers
    I agree. They just laid out how any GL can destroy all the vampires at once.(unless they're provided the same shield I guess) But this is an alternate universe so who knows how many earth GLs there are who could do it.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Will be funny when he eventually gets retconned into being a military guy
    Or a another cop

Quote Originally Posted by MaxStirner_91 View Post
    spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Is there a frame of reference for how other vampire heroes act yet?
    end of spoilers

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Really starting to wish Morrison's last issue had been Hal's swan song across the board. They don't have to use him if they don't want to, but let him go out on a high note with his dignity intact.

It's not nearly as bad as what was being done to Wally until recently nor the Parallax thing in the 90s, but it's pretty transparent. Just don't use him until there is a good pitch for him, it's not that hard (same goes for any character).

So is this what we can expect from a pro-John editorial?

Astonishing Member

Editorial can have it's preferences but if your preference isn't selling well, and the new GL direction can't be catergorized as selling well, and there is an option that is known to sell better then it is only a matter of time before they have to reverse course. Then again there is the Legion to debunk that line of thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    Editorial can have it's preferences but if your preference isn't selling well, and the new GL direction can't be catergorized as selling well, and there is an option that is known to sell better then it is only a matter of time before they have to reverse course. Then again there is the Legion to debunk that line of thinking.
    Seems like it's hard to get GL to sell. I don't even think Morrison's run was doing amazing numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So is this what we can expect from a pro-John editorial?
    Eh? I wouldn't say this is a result of pro-John editorial. Just about what you can expect from another of these dumb DC apocalpytic elseworld books.

I still have some faith that Hal will make a comeback in the last issue of Last Ride.