Page 108 of 298 FirstFirst ... 85898104105106107108109110111112118158208 ... LastLast
Results 1,606 to 1,620 of 4458
    Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    i need to re-read those issues, but i remember liking them. i remember wishing that the entropy soldiers had more personality and maybe didn't look so generic. but i always liked m.d. bright's pencils.
    Possibly because I so strongly identify him with the franchise, but Bright is one of my all-time favorite GL artists.

Beyond that I've always thought his faces (women in particular) were kinda ugly. Go figure...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    Guy did really well against Hal when compared to Bats one punch.
    It's probable that Batman really wanted to hurt Guy (without causing permanent damage) as opposed to Hal just wearing him out. Batman year one showed his punching power.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I thought that second Guy vs Hal fight was okay, but it was definitely showing signs of why Jones & Bright's GL run would become so mediocre, prompting DC Editorial to mandate Emerald Twilight.

Casting Hal as the older, grizzled veteran at the beginning of the series worked for me, but once he returned to Earth, he became characterized as this middle-aged judgmental authority figure that never felt right for the character. When Jones further tried to explain away Hal's crisis of conscience that kickstarted the whole Hard-Travelling Heroes trip as the result of alien brainwashing, I knew the character had gotten off-track.

It was a necessary step for Guy though. This was the moment when they tried transitioning him away from the punchline he'd become in JLI and more towards the badass ******* with a good heart characterization he's got today.

Having Guy use his ring on his body to make himself younger and strong was a nice way of explaining away why Batman's one punch wouldn't work anymore, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I’d honestly love a Deluxe that is just S1 + Blackstars since that was my favorite part of the run, and one that can be perfectly self contained.

Still one of my favorite summations of what will is about.
    Yeah, series peak/highlight.

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Possibly because I so strongly identify him with the franchise, but Bright is one of my all-time favorite GL artists.

Beyond that I've always thought his faces (women in particular) were kinda ugly. Go figure...
    something with how the jawlines are drawn probably(?)

i followed his work on g.i. joe also and i just love looking at the pages. although when it came to green lantern, i somehow wished the designs were a bit more... uhmm... non-generic(?)

like better designs for those entropy soldiers. same with the design of legion in emerald dawn, and hal's armor when he fought mongul in reign of supermen.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Hal after having whacked plenty of bad guys!

Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Hal after having whacked plenty of bad guys!

All off-panel .
    Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    Wildfire?

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Wildfire?
    Yup! And, I'm guessing Hal knew what would happen when he poked Drake with that thumbtack!

By the by, the artist put the ring on the wrong finger. That's almost as inexcusable as Hal seen in white boots!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    All off-panel .

Wildfire?
    yes.

would be nice to see hal travel again to the future and work the legion of superheroes. maybe even discover that he has a descendant among the legionnaires.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Yeah, series peak/highlight.

That's bad ass.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Yup! And, I'm guessing Hal knew what would happen when he poked Drake with that thumbtack!

By the by, the artist put the ring on the wrong finger. That's almost as inexcusable as Hal seen in white boots!
    Ironically, that's the finger where Wildfire should've had his Legion ring, but doesn't. (and btw, Steve Dillon was my top fav Judge Dredd illustrator back in the day)

So what's DC planning to do with Hal Jordan now that he's no longer heading the GL title. Is DC going to...

1) Finally let him become a full member of the Justice League after virtually being scrubbed from it since his resurrection for most years, or....

2) Continue to throw dirt on the coffin of his popularity, even though he outsold Superman throughout most of the early mid 2000's?

I bet on the latter, though they might put him on a second rate team to appease fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nostalgia View Post
    So what's DC planning to do with Hal Jordan now that he's no longer heading the GL title. Is DC going to...

1) Finally let him become a full member of the Justice League after virtually being scrubbed from it since his resurrection for most years, or....

2) Continue to throw dirt on the coffin of his popularity, even though he outsold Superman throughout most of the early mid 2000's?

I bet on the latter, though they might put him on a second rate team to appease fans.
    I expect a GLC book will come that he’ll star in, perhaps a relaunched HJ&tGLC book. Also hopefully a third volume of GL Earth One.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/