Page 230 of 298 FirstFirst ... 130180220226227228229230231232233234240280 ... LastLast
Results 3,436 to 3,450 of 4458

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Hal has a short but epic fight scene v. Darkseid in today's "JLA: Last Ride." Nice to see him actually stand toe-to-toe against him rather than get slapped around.
    Especially compared to how him fighting Darkseid usually goes...

Fantastic Member Mutatis_Mutandis's Avatar

That was really cool to see. I've enjoyed JL: Last Ride but I'm still worried about who the traitor is going to be. The fight on OA ends on a cliffhanger and they seem to be leaving the aftermath for the final issue. And Johnny pointed out the callbacks to Emerald Twilight last time which does have me worried but keeping my fingers crossed that he's a red herring. But yeah, this was a good show from Hal and he was written well.
    Last edited by Mutatis_Mutandis; 09-14-2021 at 05:31 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Makes me wonder what a traditionally animated GL:TAS would've looked like.
    Would it have cost less if it wasn't CGI?

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    Would it have cost less if it wasn't CGI?
    Yes. Using CGI for vehicles and things like that can makes things easier in more traditional animation, but a fully animated CGI cartoon costs much, much more

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Yes. Using CGI for vehicles and things like that can makes things easier in more traditional animation, but a fully animated CGI cartoon costs much, much more
    According to the producers, it cost close to $1 million per episode back then for an all CGI animated series, so they had to be very strategic about the assets they created and how they could be reused over the course of the show. It's underscores why the show couldn't go on when retailers wouldn't get behind a toy line because it was so critical to financially support the production.
    Visit The Blog of Oa for Green Lantern News, Reviews, Podcasts and more

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by mrumsey View Post
    According to the producers, it cost close to $1 million per episode back then for an all CGI animated series, so they had to be very strategic about the assets they created and how they could be reused over the course of the show. It's underscores why the show couldn't go on when retailers wouldn't get behind a toy line because it was so critical to financially support the production.
    I wonder if the show would have lasted longer if it was'nt done in CGI.

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    First time Adam Baldwin played Hal.

Sooo..... I guess Hal might be in the JLA Annual?

Looks like Hal with the hair and the mask, but it's more like John's costume with green gloves. I'm sure it was just the artist's interpretation. The more important thing is that with the hair, it's almost certainly Hal and not like a miscolored John.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Sooo..... I guess Hal might be in the JLA Annual?

Looks like Hal with the hair and the mask, but it's more like John's costume with green gloves. I'm sure it was just the artist's interpretation. The more important thing is that with the hair, it's almost certainly Hal and not like a miscolored John.
    And is that Wally with the white eyes? Or artistic interpretation?

Hal being on the JL again makes me happy!
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I saw another version of that pic in which it was John with a domino mask, so my guess is that the artist drew John first, then altered it to be Hal.

Either way, this does not bode well for Hal's significance to the overall story.

Given how utterly underwhelming Bendis's Justice League has been thus far, I'm going to keep my expectations very, very low.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I saw another version of that pic in which it was John with a domino mask, so my guess is that the artist drew John first, then altered it to be Hal.

Either way, this does not bode well for Hal's significance to the overall story.

Given how utterly underwhelming Bendis's Justice League has been thus far, I'm going to keep my expectations very, very low.
    I mean, Power Girl and Zatanna are up there so even if he is in the comic I think it's just going to be part of the various background heroes Bendis loves to throw in.

Hope he at least gets some nice interactions with Ollie and Dinah. Would be kind of odd if he doesn't.