Page 197 of 298 FirstFirst ... 97147187193194195196197198199200201207247297 ... LastLast
Results 2,941 to 2,955 of 4458

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    When the main faces of the echo chamber attacking every minority character even in stuff they don't read or watch are white guys-its hard NOT to believe that.
    So like all the people who constantly attack a character like Hal Jordan and insist over and over again that he shouldn't be pushed or be part of a Justice League line-up because of how he looks like? Go to that idiot toilet known as twitter and you'd see this echo chamber isn't nearly as one-sided as you seem to believe it is.
    Last edited by Johnny; 08-03-2021 at 03:08 AM.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nostalgia View Post
    Simply making the point he's a compelling character so he has lots of younger fans.

There just not as reverent as some of the older fans (think old DC comics message boards) because they've grown up with him not being on the Justice League the majority of the time, and they are use to having a lot of other Green Lanterns kicking about, cheers.
    In my experience (on this thread at least), I'm generally the one who's not reverent enough about Hal, which has gotten me in trouble a fair bit over the years. And given that Hal's been sharing the spotlight since the mid-80s, those would have to be pretty old fans. Like WestPhillyPunisher old...I mean, old

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Sure thing, this was just a little over a week ago: https://twitter.com/movieweb/status/1417877186585915393

I never blamed him for the movie's failure and I understood he had unpleasant experience filming it, it started shooting without even having a finished script, the director didn't even want him in the role, he wanted Bradley Cooper but WB insisted on Reynolds. So he's always had my sympathies for what he had to deal with and how it affected his career, but everything he chose to do afterwards was unnecessary. Ten years later for him to still make comments like this about it, even though I share some of his sentiments, just feels stupid. What's mostly been happening since 2011 is WB treating Hal Jordan like they treated Aquaman for all those past years and a lot of that originated from Ryan's shenanigans. And unlike Aquaman, they don't need to look for a Jason Momoa to fix Hal because they don't need to fix Hal, they can use any other GL instead. So my apologies but every once in a while you may get the occasional diatribe about the cards this character was dealt with through no fault of his own.
    Thanks Johnny. I feel the same way.

Last edited by liwanag; 08-03-2021 at 10:37 AM.

As someone who isn't exactly a GL historian, often feels surreal to read comics from a time before I was ever conceived. Sometimes in a good way though.

Astonishing Member

As someone who isn't exactly a GL historian, often feels surreal to read comics from a time before I was ever conceived. Sometimes in a good way though.

I was jus5 watching on youtube the histories of early sci fi shows like Buck Rodgers, Battlestar Gallactica, Star Trek.

Would have been interesting if GL got a show back then.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    I would really like to see more interactions between these to two.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    In my experience (on this thread at least), I'm generally the one who's not reverent enough about Hal, which has gotten me in trouble a fair bit over the years. And given that Hal's been sharing the spotlight since the mid-80s, those would have to be pretty old fans. Like WestPhillyPunisher old...I mean, old
    Your right on the Hal Sharing the spotlight by the mid 80's, but I like to think it wasn't until Emerald Twilight that things began to change. Up until then he was still numero uno.

Alas I am one of those middle age geriatric Hal fans lol...I'm old enough to remember the super friends, but not old like that West Philly Punisher guy. I only need a push wheelchair to get around, but man...that guy must need the high-powered electric 5 speed. 🙂

I jest of course...about a username I do not know, so apologies to him.

I wish I was older though, so I could have collected comics during Green lantern/Green Arrow and JLA satellite hey day.

It mentions the Omega Men, so I'm going to date this early 80's. 1981???

Strange to see such traditional gender roles in the drawing. I wonder if that would fly today?

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Wow. That's actually the first issue of Green Lantern I ever got. Bought it for 15 cents at a yard sale

It mentions the Omega Men, so I'm going to date this early 80's. 1981???

Strange to see such traditional gender roles in the drawing. I wonder if that would fly today?
    GL #162, from December, 1982.

It could fly as long as Dorine isn't clinging to Hal like that I guess.

GL #162, from December, 1982.

It could fly as long as Dorine isn't clinging to Hal like that I guess.
    Ah I was close. I have the second issue of Hal and the Omega Men a year prior. One of the few satellite era GL issues I own outside of the Green Lantern/Green Arrow issues I picked up over the years.

It looks like Hal is almost saying "let me take you to my luxurious space mansion lol"

I love reading old comic books and finding stuff or attitudes that are out of place with our time.

I love reading old comic books and finding stuff or attitudes that are out of place with our time.
    The old attitudes about Carol being the boss is kinda funny in that way. And then there's ...*cough*Pie-face*cough*.... some stuff that really doesn't hold up.