Page 185 of 298 FirstFirst ... 85135175181182183184185186187188189195235285 ... LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,775 of 4458

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Isn't that scene of him calling out how ineffectual the politicians are kind of popular?
    Lots of panels in Injustice are popular. That one in context is Hal following Supes into authoritarianism and forcing them to do what the Regime wants. It’s his first slip down the slippery slope that ends with him as a Sinestro.
    Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I never played Injustice or read its comics, but it sounds weird that Hal would be with the Regime. That sounds like complete opposite of Hal's character.
    Nobody in the story is in character, it’s just hand waved away with “Elseworld” because none of the JL is going to follow Supes once it’s clear he’s lost it. WW is the worst case though.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    It’s Injustice bro and he’s on the Regime side. He’s either going to be a ball-less little toady for Murderman like Barry is, or he’ll be an idiotic jackass like Taylor wrote him. I was shocked to see you be so positive about Hal being in Injustice, they managed to salvage him in I2, but he’s awful in I1 and the I1 comics.
    The Congress scene was neat though. Though I wouldn't say I'm that positive about it, I pretty much expect him to either get killed off early on or not do anything of substance in the movie and get his ass kicked alongside everyone else in the end.
    Last edited by Johnny; 07-21-2021 at 11:20 PM.

Last edited by Johnny; 07-21-2021 at 10:48 PM.

Fantastic Member Mutatis_Mutandis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I never played Injustice or read its comics, but it sounds weird that Hal would be with the Regime. That sounds like complete opposite of Hal's character.
    Not only that but he continues siding with the regime even after Superman kills Ollie. He's also written as incredibly vain and unlikeable.

Last edited by Mutatis_Mutandis; 07-22-2021 at 02:03 AM.

I was never really bothered by the Injustice version since it's not the "real" Hal anyway. Well, we did have the "real" Hal in the first game and outside of that "Time to kick my ass" line, I thought he was portrayed well. And I overall enjoyed Injustice Hal's redemption story in the 2nd game and comics.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Yeah, the whole point of the Injustice-verse is that it's an Elseworld take on the DCU in which everyone makes bad decisions they ultimately regret...unless that character is Batman, who must be perfect because if he wasn't Bat-fans would throw a hissy fit instead of Superman, Wonder Woman, and everyone else's fans

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Isn't that scene of him calling out how ineffectual the politicians are kind of popular?
    So are the ones of Superman getting his ass kicked by Alfred or Wonder Woman. Doesn't mean the franchise as whole isn't hot trash.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Yeah, the whole point of the Injustice-verse is that it's an Elseworld take on the DCU in which everyone makes bad decisions they ultimately regret...unless that character is Batman, who must be perfect because if he wasn't Bat-fans would throw a hissy fit instead of Superman, Wonder Woman, and everyone else's fans
    Not to mention the fun, virtuous, Harley Quinn .

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I wouldn’t say that, there were times in the comics where characters thought that Bruce was being way too obsessive about taking down Clark and even Batman acknowledged at one time that maybe he could have been a better friend in Clark’s time of extreme grief.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    oh man, i'm excited and worried at the same time...

Extraordinary Member

Now that's just a creepy image.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I wouldn’t say that, there were times in the comics where characters thought that Bruce was being way too obsessive about taking down Clark and even Batman acknowledged at one time that maybe he could have been a better friend in Clark’s time of extreme grief.
    Ah, yes, Batman was given the unforgivable sin of trying too hard to take down an all powerful tyrant and feeling guilty about not being a good enough friend. How will the character ever recover from that?

Given that the rest of the characters, aside from Harley of course, were portrayed as aiding and abetting straight-up fascism, you'll forgive me if I don't find that argument particularly compelling. Had they explored Batman also going too far in trying to put the world back together in Injustice 2, as the trailer teased, I wouldn't be complaining, but instead they doubled down on Batman being unimpeachably heroic.

That said, as a result, Batman is, by far, the least interesting character in Injustice, because he's indistinguishable from his main DCU counterpart. If he'd been allowed to be as morally flawed and imperfect as the other characters, the whole story could have been more compelling. As it is, it feels like pandering to Batman and Harley fans, when it could have been much more.

Hopefully, the animated adaptation finds those more interesting angles.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    I am hoping both real Hal and alternate Hal are in this.