Page 63 of 298 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773113163 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Listened to Williamson’s WB interview, he says there are plans for Hal but can’t elaborate. So Hal will probably end up in a book somewhere down the line.
    From the implications of Geoffrey Thorne's comment it seems like all the Earth GL's are accounted for to some extent, so that doesn't surprise me.

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    Good to hear. Although Williamson seems to genuinely try to please the fans and customers it might not always be possible so well see.

I did really enjoy the last interview he gave. Sounds like a really nice guy and he is very passionate about DC.

Do you have the link?
    Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    What was the interview about? Was Hal just mentioned in passing? Was it about a new title?
    https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcas...=1000508496589
    It’s not about Hal specifically, it was Williamson taking questions about Infinite Frontier as a whole.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcas...=1000508496589
    It’s not about Hal specifically, it was Williamson taking questions about Infinite Frontier as a whole.
    The question about Hal is at the 1:37:00 mark. He doesn't say much other than to say there "are plans". By his follow up comment he implies he's not involved with Hal and doesn't elaborate because he doesn't want to interfere with someone else's work.
    Visit The Blog of Oa for Green Lantern News, Reviews, Podcasts and more

Williamson wrote Hal well in the GL/Flash team-up early in his run so I wouldn't mind Hal written by him again, but given his comments about not wanting to spoil stuff for his co-workers, that doesn't appear to be the case. I still have some hopes that King could write him in the future, especially since he tends to kind of tease some of his future work in his current books and Hal is the Lantern he's been using in his Strange Adventures run. In all likelihood the realistic chances of that are probably slim to none, but I really wouldn't mind it.
    Last edited by Johnny; 02-22-2021 at 11:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Williamson wrote Hal well in the GL/Flash team-up early in his run so I wouldn't mind Hal written by him again, but given his comments about not wanting to spoil stuff for his co-workers, that doesn't appear to be the case. I still have some hopes that King could write him in the future, especially since he tends to kind of tease some of his future work in his current books and Hal is the Lantern he's been using in his Strange Adventures run. In all likelihood the realistic chances of that are probably slim to none, but I really wouldn't mind it.
    King has said that Hal is the character he finds to be the most fun to write, so maybe we'll get something from him down the road.
    Visit The Blog of Oa for Green Lantern News, Reviews, Podcasts and more

King would be such a double-edged sword for me.

I think that after last issue of Future State GL it was given that something big is going to happen with GLs and Hal will play a role?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    King would be such a double-edged sword for me.
    Yeah he's a huge hit or miss, but I think he can do well with this character. I doubt Hal would be the kind of guy King would try to "deconstruct" somehow, especially after a run like TGL. I'm really curious to see him writing Hal Jordan because I genuinely have no idea what to expect of him. He did great on the Darkseid War GL special but that was still a one shot. If he did a Hal maxi-series it would be a totally different ballgame.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Yeah he's a huge hit or miss, but I think he can do well with this character. I doubt Hal would be the kind of guy King would try to "deconstruct" somehow, especially after a run like TGL. I'm really curious to see him writing Hal Jordan because I genuinely have no idea what to expect of him. He did great on the Darkseid War GL special but that was still a one shot. If he did a Hal maxi-series it would be a totally different ballgame.
    Feels like the Darkseid War one-shot was the one time he didn't severely deconstruct or tear a character up for a story.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Feels like the Darkseid War one-shot was the one time he didn't severely deconstruct or tear a character up for a story.
    I'd say his Superman Up in the Sky was very straightforward for the most part (if much more solemn than usual).

As for King writing Hal... could be fun if he approaches him in the same way as in Darkseid War.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mrumsey View Post
    The question about Hal is at the 1:37:00 mark. He doesn't say much other than to say there "are plans". By his follow up comment he implies he's not involved with Hal and doesn't elaborate because he doesn't want to interfere with someone else's work.
    I think no one wants to ruin the ending of Morrison/Sharp's The Green Lantern. Whatever it is they've cooked up, DC is showing a surprising degree of restraint in allowing their story to conclude before barreling onto the next creative team.

I'm more than happy to wait and see how The Green Lantern leaves Hal before finding out who's picking up the baton next.

Fantastic Member Mutatis_Mutandis's Avatar

I would love King to write Hal because he clearly has a knack for the character. Ofc it all depends on whether we're getting the King of Darkseid War or Heroes in Crisis. But didn't HiC also suffer from editorial mandates etc or am I misremembering? I wouldn't mind a psychological Hal story but it all depends on the execution (I mean you could argue Darkseid War also gave us a glimpse into Hal's psychological makeup). The problem with HiC is not that it has therapy for the heroes or whatever - that's an interesting premise. It's just that the execution is terrible and makes little sense.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

This is a pretty good summation of all the various elements that contributed to the 2011 Green Lantern film's failure.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by mrumsey View Post
    Thanks. Nobody seems to be talking what those "plans" are though.