Page 127 of 298 FirstFirst ... 2777117123124125126127128129130131137177227 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,905 of 4458
    Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Some of those grins look creepy...
    For me it's the eyes more so than the grins. Ones eyes should never be visible behind their mask!
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    For me it's the eyes more so than the grins. Ones eyes should never be visible behind their mask!
    At least Deadman doesn't have those .

Adams' art does look a little odd sometimes.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Adams' art does look a little odd sometimes.
    but it is quite definitive of an era.

I'm not tbh. Guy deserves some good spotlight.
    he does. but i'm still jealous...
    Last edited by liwanag; 05-01-2021 at 05:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    but it is quite definitive of an era.
    Totally. I guess I'm just not all that used to it despite that it's instantly recognizable.

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    he odes. but i'm still jealous...
    Trust me, if anyone would've told me 5 years ago that DC would make a GL TV show without Hal Jordan I would've asked them what they were smoking. We're long past that time. Now we don't even see him in regular publication, let alone DC advertising or outside media. He's clearly not a priority anymore. All I can hope for as a fan is for the show to be good and successful so it could create the possibility for Hal to show up either on that show or somewhere else in the future.
    Last edited by Johnny; 05-01-2021 at 05:49 AM.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Trust me, if anyone would've told me 5 years ago that DC would make a GL TV show without Hal Jordan I would've asked them what they were smoking. We're long past that time. Now we don't even see him in regular publication, let alone DC advertising or outside media. He's clearly not a priority anymore. All I can hope for as a fan is for the show to be good and successful so it could create the possibility for Hal to show up either on that show or somewhere else in the future.
    I think Hal is a shoe-in for either season 2 of GL on HBO Max or co-lead of the movie with John.

Depending upon the quality of the TV show, I would be happy with either.

As long as it's good, I don't really care what form the next live action takes, but it's a foregone conclusion that we'll be seeing Hal Jordan on screen again.

However, I think that's going to take at least two to three years to happen. Covid slowed everything down and DC is just now restarting. The racial awakening in America (and the financial bonanza of Black Panther) have ensured that John Stewart is getting the movie though. I think Hal would be a great choice for that movie, too, but I don't see how they can really do Sinestro on TV without bringing in Hal sooner or later.

It seems possible that Hal could be in both the movie and the TV show.

i seriously need hope...

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I think Hal is a shoe-in for either season 2 of GL on HBO Max or co-lead of the movie with John.

Depending upon the quality of the TV show, I would be happy with either.

As long as it's good, I don't really care what form the next live action takes, but it's a foregone conclusion that we'll be seeing Hal Jordan on screen again.

However, I think that's going to take at least two to three years to happen. Covid slowed everything down and DC is just now restarting. The racial awakening in America (and the financial bonanza of Black Panther) have ensured that John Stewart is getting the movie though. I think Hal would be a great choice for that movie, too, but I don't see how they can really do Sinestro on TV without bringing in Hal sooner or later.

It seems possible that Hal could be in both the movie and the TV show.
    I don't think it's unreasonable of me to assume Sinestro being in the HBOMax show is teasing Hal to some extent unless they (once again) give his relationship with Hal to another Earth Lantern.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't think it's unreasonable of me to assume Sinestro being in the HBOMax show is teasing Hal to some extent unless they (once again) give his relationship with Hal to another Earth Lantern.
    What if they give it to Abin Sur instead. Abin was already Sinestro's former friend and mentor anyway, but what if in this version he is the one who discovers that Sinestro is abusing his power and Sinestro tries to stop him from reaching the Guardians and mortally wounds him, and subsequently that's how Abin passes the ring to Hal.
    Last edited by Johnny; 05-01-2021 at 01:32 PM.

Keep in mind, Sinestro's relationship with Hal was a retcon anyway. Originally, Sinestro's fall and exile happened before Hal even got the ring. Sinestro was an enemy of the Corps long before he was Hal's arch-enemy, then he became Hal's frenemy. The overall concept of the Corps overrides any individual tale or relationship, which I'm sure Berlanti et al will use to their advantage.

What if they give it to Abin Sur instead. Abin was already Sinestro's former friend and mentor anyway, but what if in this version he is the one who discovers that Sinestro is abusing his power and Sinestro tries to stop him from reaching the Guardians and mortally wounds him, and subsequently that's how Abin passes the ring to Hal.
    I guess it would be kind of interesting to see how Abin Sur would react to finding out about Sinestro being...Sinestro.
    Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Keep in mind, Sinestro's relationship with Hal was a retcon anyway. Originally, Sinestro's fall and exile happened before Hal even got the ring. Sinestro was an enemy of the Corps long before he was Hal's arch-enemy, then he became Hal's frenemy. The overall concept of the Corps overrides any individual tale or relationship, which I'm sure Berlanti et al will use to their advantage.
    But Hal getting mentored and bringing Sinestro down is the most popular conception of the character, retcon or otherwise.