Page 128 of 298 FirstFirst ... 2878118124125126127128129130131132138178228 ... LastLast
Results 1,906 to 1,920 of 4458

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    But Hal getting mentored and bringing Sinestro down is the most popular conception of the character, retcon or otherwise.
    All I know is, they made a successful Venom movie without Spider-Man, so anything's possible.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    All I know is, they made a successful Venom movie without Spider-Man, so anything's possible.
    Well, depending on who you ask .

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    This would be an awesome shot when Hal gets intoduced on the screen.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Keep in mind, Sinestro's relationship with Hal was a retcon anyway. Originally, Sinestro's fall and exile happened before Hal even got the ring. Sinestro was an enemy of the Corps long before he was Hal's arch-enemy, then he became Hal's frenemy. The overall concept of the Corps overrides any individual tale or relationship, which I'm sure Berlanti et al will use to their advantage.
    what was sinestro's story in the silver age? was he already wearing a yellow ring in his first appearance?

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    What if they give it to Abin Sur instead. Abin was already Sinestro's former friend and mentor anyway, but what if in this version he is the one who discovers that Sinestro is abusing his power and Sinestro tries to stop him from reaching the Guardians and mortally wounds him, and subsequently that's how Abin passes the ring to Hal.
    That could work, but it would feel like a massive missed opportunity as the idea, at least as far as Johns take on the character, was that Abin Sur's death was what finally broke Sinestro and pushed him to the dark side. Having Sinestro be the one who killed Abin would certainly be a cool take, but it would rush things a bit too much for my liking.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

what was sinestro's story in the silver age? was he already wearing a yellow ring in his first appearance?
    Sinestro's backstory was a big flashback in his first appearance and he didn't gain the yellow ring until his second appearance.

Sinestro & Hal's relationship didn't appear until Post-Crisis in Emerald Dawn II, although it had been planned much earlier.

Astonishing Member

That's a bit more armor than usual.

The Brave and the Bold .

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    You tell it Hal.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    That could work, but it would feel like a massive missed opportunity as the idea, at least as far as Johns take on the character, was that Abin Sur's death was what finally broke Sinestro and pushed him to the dark side. Having Sinestro be the one who killed Abin would certainly be a cool take, but it would rush things a bit too much for my liking.
    I guess I'm used to adaptations always changing the source material and if they don't hand over Sinestro's relationship with Hal to another Earth GL, then I sort of see Abin as the best compromise. Could also work if they gave it a tragic spin with Sinestro unwillingly killing him after failing to persuade him that the Guardians' methods were ineffective and that's what pushes him to the dark side. Something that Abin could also indirectly warn Hal about while he gives him the ring. Too much fan fiction I guess but isn't that what most adaptations do anyway.

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Damn, Hitch used to be so good! *sigh*
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES