Page 129 of 298 FirstFirst ... 2979119125126127128129130131132133139179229 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,935 of 4458
    Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    This issue is probably my favorite of Morrison & Sharp's entire run

Apparently, the plan is still for Hal Jordan to appear in the mentor role to John Stewart in the GL movie. If they are indeed planning to connect the movie and the HBO Max show, then Hal would likely be appearing in both.

I'm not really sure how credible Heroic Hollywood is but at this point I've long been tired of rumors and "sources with insider knowledge", especially if its affiliated to someone like Umberto Gonzalez who once swore up and down that Chris Pine was going to play Hal before he was cast as Steve Trevor. Been burned by the clickbait sphere more than enough times before so I treat everything on a "wait and see" basis.
    Last edited by Johnny; 05-03-2021 at 02:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I'm not really sure how credible Heroic Hollywood is but at this point I've long been tired of rumors and "sources with insider knowledge", especially if its affiliated to someone like Umberto Gonzalez who once swore up and down that Chris Pine was going to play Hal before he was cast as Steve Trevor. Been burned by the clickbait sphere more than enough times before so I treat everything on a "wait and see" basis.
    This would be a smart policy. However, I do think some of these guys, like Gonzalez, do have some sources, even if they are often a bunch of blind men feeling an elephant and seeing completely different things. With Pine, I can totally see how someone on the inside knew he was in negotiations for a major DC role and assumed it was for Hal Jordan, given the similarities in the characters.

While I thought he nailed it as Steve Trevor, I think we can all agree that Pine would have been a spot-on Hal Jordan.

Edit.

10char.
    Last edited by Johnny; 05-03-2021 at 07:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Damn, Hitch used to be so good! *sigh*
    Didn't recognize it was his until I saw the signature compared to his modern stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    This issue is probably my favorite of Morrison & Sharp's entire run
    Morrison and Sharp came out swinging.

That and "Emerald Sands" are my favorites.
    Last edited by Gaius; 05-03-2021 at 05:33 AM.

Astonishing Member

Know one draws that armor as well as Banks, not even Reis and GOAT Perez. I know that is Hitch's one panel Emerald Twilight but it looks like Hal turning into a bargain basement Hulk (sans cape).

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The Brave and the Bold .
    Yep, In addition to their own individual titles, I'd like to see them star in a title together.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    This would be a smart policy. However, I do think some of these guys, like Gonzalez, do have some sources, even if they are often a bunch of blind men feeling an elephant and seeing completely different things. With Pine, I can totally see how someone on the inside knew he was in negotiations for a major DC role and assumed it was for Hal Jordan, given the similarities in the characters.

While I thought he nailed it as Steve Trevor, I think we can all agree that Pine would have been a spot-on Hal Jordan.

Astonishing Member

It would be an awesome swerve cast too, Diana would be like did someone wish him back, with them both being pilots and all but it turns out to be a strong resemblance. Not that I want Hal and Diana to be a thing per se, though it would help him in the outside of comics realm, I think Pine would make a great Hal because of the Hal/Kirk similarities (but I would never have wanted young Shatner as Hal). People always say Hal was designed after Paul Newman which is cool but when I all time dream cast Hal it is Kirk Douglas.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    Know one draws that armor as well as Banks, not even Reis and GOAT Perez. I know that is Hitch's one panel Emerald Twilight but it looks like Hal turning into a bargain basement Hulk (sans cape).
    I'll take that bargain basement Hulk over whatever the dull, lifeless, static stuff is he's churning out these days...

And yes, Mr. Banks rendition of Parallax remains the gold standard!
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    I'll take that bargain basement Hulk over whatever the dull, lifeless, static stuff is he's churning out these days...

And yes, Mr. Banks rendition of Parallax remains the gold standard!
    Yeah, it's fine for a one panel illustration.

It's definitely an incomplete look without the cape though.

Astonishing Member

I'd really enjoy Hal take the lead in GL movie franchise.

Alright I don’t want to spoil but I will say this, Hal is in the new issue of green lantern and he’s given an important assignment before everything goes to hell. But that is all I’ll say.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Hal related spoilers for those who have not read the new issue or don't intend to read it:

spoilers:
    GLC is being reconstructed after they join United Planets. Lots of sectors are removed, including the one that has Earth. All Earth lanterns are sent on new duties, Hal is assigned to be the protector of Earth since it is one of the Crux worlds. So Hal is now only GL on Earth. Then before any of this happens battery goes boom. My understanding is that after Morrison's GL run Hal is not powered up by central battery any longer so he might be fine and in theory this should lead to him getting JL spot.
    end of spoilers