Page 284 of 298 FirstFirst ... 184234274280281282283284285286287288294 ... LastLast
Results 4,246 to 4,260 of 4458
    Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chubistian View Post
    Any opinions in Green Lantern Sector 2814, by Len Wein and Dave Gibbons? I like both authors, but I prefer GL in space. Still, I'm thinking on getting my hands on the first tpb
    The art is gorgeous, but Len Wein was suffering some extreme writers block at the time, so the writing is the weakest aspect of the compared to what Gibbons was doing. It's well worth reading though. Once Englehart and Staton come aboard, that's when things got really crazy.

Twitter ain't always so bad.

^^ What's that?

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    ^^ What's that?
    Fan art.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think this was the last time she was mentioned in the whole run. Because Hal had basically forgotten her .
    It's interesting that Geoff Johns forgot about Cowgirl in his "mainstream" GL run, but Grant Morrison remembered her in their "experimental" GL run.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    It's interesting that Geoff Johns forgot about Cowgirl in his "mainstream" GL run, but Grant Morrison remembered her in their "experimental" GL run.
    Bringing back Cowgirl let Morrrison flex their “forgotten continuity/plot points” nerd muscles.

Remember reading Johns run and it hitting me at one point that she had just vanished
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Remember reading Johns run and it hitting me at one point that she had just vanished
    Hal never spending time on earth was probably a factor in that.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Bringing back Cowgirl let Morrrison flex their “forgotten continuity/plot points” nerd muscles.
    Admittedly Morrison was trying to fit in as many old girlfriends as they could...

There was that one splash page with each girlfriend getting associated with one of the Lantern lights. Maybe Morrison thought about that page first and then well, you have to find at least 7 girlfriends then.

Astonishing Member

people say Arisia is problematic but besides Carol most of the women in that picture wouldn't even merit a footnote in Hal's history. TBH Hal spent more time with Cowgirl than he did with any characters on this picture beside CF. As far as extended trists go it probably goes Carol by a mile, then Arisia and Cowgirl which for a Silver Age character isn't that many serious partners.

Who is Joan anyway. I knew about Dorine and Eve and I'm vaguely familiar with Kari and Olivia but at least I knew about them too. I don't think I've ever heard of Joan before.

Who is Joan anyway. I knew about Dorine and Eve and I'm vaguely familiar with Kari and Olivia but at least I knew about them too. I don't think I've ever heard of Joan before.
    Joan Colby was a "one issue stand" with Hal one of times he was on the rebound from Carol. She appeared in just one issue, GL vol. 2 #50.
    Visit The Blog of Oa for Green Lantern News, Reviews, Podcasts and more

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    If you're a fan of Bronze Age storytelling (and Hal, which I assume you are), I say go for it. I have all three volumes and really enjoyed them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    The art is gorgeous, but Len Wein was suffering some extreme writers block at the time, so the writing is the weakest aspect of the compared to what Gibbons was doing. It's well worth reading though. Once Englehart and Staton come aboard, that's when things got really crazy.
    Thanks for the reponses! Sadly, I can only get volume 1 nowadays here in my country, but I love what I've seen from Dave Gibbons in that volume, and, while I entered the GL franchise with Geoff Johns' writing, I think the ring's power isn't as fun as it used to be from the old stories I've read, and that's why I was looking for some Pre-COIE stories. So bad that Len Wein was going through a writer's block, but it just shows that it can happen even to the best. I will see to purchase the volume this month or the following!
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH