Page 256 of 298 FirstFirst ... 156206246252253254255256257258259260266 ... LastLast
Results 3,826 to 3,840 of 4458

Quote Originally Posted by MaxStirner_91 View Post
    I'd definitely be down for Hal stories where he's put in some really out there settings. A space western, space noir, space horror—these could all work imo with an interesting writer and we got glimpses of all of these in Morrison's run. Maybe just have Hal be a space drifter/adventurer drifting from planets to planets with very different settings, kind of like Doctor Who.

For a horror book to really work with Hal as a character, I think you'd have to make the horror more existential in a way that highlights what makes the character tick (what really makes him a man without fear or what overcoming great fear really means). But that's not going to work for a DCU spanning event like DC vs. Vampires, so I don't really have any complaints of Hal not taking up a protagonist role in this kind of a story. It would work better imo in the context of a Hal/GL-centric story.
    Well said. Hal always works best as a solo operator anyway.

Let's see how this ends I guess. Out in two weeks.

1 - Weird that he's in the armor he wore when possessed. (unless it's just an image for the cover and has nothing to do with how things go in the comic)
    2 - Blonde? I think someone thinks it's Kingdom Come Alan Scott.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MaxStirner_91 View Post
    Yes, I get that, just thought I'd clarify so that there's no unnecessary hostility (tone can be difficult to read on the internet sometimes). You're definitely one of my favourite posters so I hope there hasn't been any miscommunication. I think most of us are very aware when fan behaviour can dip into toxicity so while I try my best to not enter that territory, I'm always glad you're around to offset the negativity and keep us on the right track.
    No hostility was taken, nor given. I enjoy your posts, too.

And I hope I'm right about Last Ride doing right by Hal, because if it doesn't, I'm gonna seem like a giant chumpr 😉

I'm definitely hoping for a heroic Hal moment in "Last Ride" after being used as a puppet by Darkseid. I don't think Hal comes off poorly in that series - he had to try fending off Darkseid and an army of parademons by himself and definitely made a good effort of it and his "betrayal" wasn't a flaw in his character or anything.

If anything, Superman comes across poorly, imo. He ditches Hal to stop J'onn from sacrificing himself, (which was his choice) but fails and then holds a grudge against Batman for J'onn's decision?! It's really all his fault, moreso than Hal's.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    1 - Weird that he's in the armor he wore when possessed. (unless it's just an image for the cover and has nothing to do with how things go in the comic)
    2 - Blonde? I think someone thinks it's Kingdom Come Alan Scott.
    Must be the light from the emerald aura surrounding him. Same thing as on the cover of the 3rd issue where the League is sitting around the fire and Hal appeared to have blonde hair, so people initially thought it was Alan.

I still don't get why Wally is drawn like Barry in this series. Maybe it was originally supposed to be Barry but Zdarsky was told to use Wally and by that point must have been too late to change the costume a bit to differentiate Wally from Barry.
    Last edited by Johnny; 10-28-2021 at 09:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Given the season we're at, I wonder how a horror-themed GL title starring Hal would turn out. I know there were some horror-based issues in the Morrison/Sharp run, but what if they did an actual horror-based GL miniseries. Would Hal even be the right Lantern to use in a book like that given his "nothing can phase me" shtick. Maybe that would be the intriguing part.
    I swear Hal had a story in one of the Halloween specials.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I swear Hal had a story in one of the Halloween specials.
    I think he teamed up with Etrigan.

Must be the light from the emerald aura surrounding him. Same thing as on the cover of the 3rd issue where the League is sitting around the fire and Hal appeared to have blonde hair, so people initially thought it was Alan.

I still don't get why Wally is drawn like Barry in this series. Maybe it was originally supposed to be Barry but Zdarsky was told to use Wally and by that point must have been too late to change the costume a bit to differentiate Wally from Barry.
    There seemed to be a lot of editorial indecision over which costume Wally should wear, so that could also be why the artist just went with the standard modern Flash costume.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    There seemed to be a lot of editorial indecision over which costume Wally should wear, so that could also be why the artist just went with the standard modern Flash costume.
    At least the Green Lanterns don't have that issue I guess. You can never confuse which is the featured character. lol

At least the Green Lanterns don't have that issue I guess. You can never confuse which is the featured character. lol
    Absolutely. Aside from the occasional white boots or domino masks, the GL costumes are generally depicted pretty consistently and are distinctive enough that no one is ever confused about who’s who.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Do you think we'll ever see Carol again?
    I hope so. Along with Hal, Tom, Ferris Air, and Coast City.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I just started reading Emerald Dawn and can’t help but notice how much Bright was influenced by Gil Kane’s work on the character.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I just started reading Emerald Dawn and can’t help but notice how much Bright was influenced by Gil Kane’s work on the character.
    I love me some MD Bright! Easily in my Top 5 GL artists.

SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES