Page 10 of 298 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Hope this time it takes less than 15 years to get rid of those wrinkles and grey hair again, though at this point this is a reoccurring pattern that I doubt I'll be supporting anyway. DC not learning from their past mistakes doesn't deserve my support, as minimal as that may be in the grand scheme of things. I'd have loved an Old Man Hal series though, just not Old Main Universe Hal.
    I'm still not convinced they're trying to permanently age him again.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm still not convinced they're trying to permanently age him again.
    If it's not, I've eaten some crow before, I'll do it again. But I don't see the point in making the character old again regardless if it's permanent or temporary. If they don't have concrete plans for him or want to sideline him or not have him appear in regular publication, I'm fine with that. His age shouldn't be any factor in it.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    I think I was able to collect 3 sets of DC cards back in the day. One was DC Cosmic cards.

I have two sets of these bad boys - one in sleeves/binder and another unopened box I got on eBay for next to nothing. They'll finance my retirement one day though! :P

Even in 1992 I thought they were sooo lazy and boring compared to Marvel's much more interesting/colorful offerings. The follow up set (Cosmic Teams) was a bit nicer.

SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    I have two sets of these bad boys - one in sleeves/binder and another unopened box I got on eBay for next to nothing. They'll finance my retirement one day though! :P

Even in 1992 I thought they were sooo lazy and boring compared to Marvel's much more interesting/colorful offerings. The follow up set (Cosmic Teams) was a bit nicer.

cool, you have complete sets. i envy you, i wasn't able to complete all the cards in the set.

yeah, marvel sure did have a lot more cards then. and more gimmicks for the cards. i don't think dc ever had those hologram cards.

i think with the cosmic teams, the deal was you could connect some of the cards into triptych sets.

did dc had a dedicated binder for the dc cards? like the binder for who's who?

If it's not, I've eaten some crow before, I'll do it again. But I don't see the point in making the character old again regardless if it's permanent or temporary. If they don't have concrete plans for him or want to sideline him or not have him appear in regular publication, I'm fine with that. His age shouldn't be any factor in it.
    Considering they couldn't keep it consistent in the actual comic, I think it's too early to say for sure what's going on.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

cool, you have complete sets. i envy you, i wasn't able to complete all the cards in the set.

yeah, marvel sure did have a lot more cards then. and more gimmicks for the cards. i don't think dc ever had those hologram cards.
    Oh, but they did...

i think with the cosmic teams, the deal was you could connect some of the cards into triptych sets.

did dc had a dedicated binder for the dc cards? like the binder for who's who?
    Yeah, I don't have it but I know there was binder available. Could probably find one (with a full set of the cards!) for pretty cheap if you wanna search eBay.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Extraordinary Member

Oh, but they did...
    Damn, that's art by Walter Simonson. Man, I would have loved to have seen a post crisis GL run by him.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    That was really satisfhing.

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    That was really satisfhing.
    That it was! One of my favorite fights in the show .

Astonishing Member

Modern age Hal needs a haircut.

Astonishing Member

If there was a Logan-type AU series about an old space ringslinger Hal Jordan, sign me up. Otherwise I have no interest in an Earth-Prime Hal who looks older than some Golden Age characters. Apologies for the age-ism, but to me that never made sense with this character.
    An Old Man Hal in space sounds interesting. But I think an earth setting could work even better. I imagine an alternate dystopian future earth. With Hal and Oliver travelling dessert wastelands on a Mad Max style truck.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That it was! One of my favorite fights in the show .
    I have so many favorite fights in that show. One was against a giant beast and Hal and gang didnt have powers and could'nt understand each other.