Page 106 of 298 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108109110116156206 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,590 of 4458
    Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Has anything Fisher said about John's been.proven at this point or at least been backed by others like.in the case of Whedon? Or is it just more of unsubstantiated hearsay by Fisher which he is fond of doing?

As for Johns reaction I dont blame the guy for going all official on it and coming full force against it when in today's culture one guys unsubstantiated claims can totally demolish any ones career and life backed by the angry mobs.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    Has anything Fisher said about John's been.proven at this point or at least been backed by others like.in the case of Whedon? Or is it just more of unsubstantiated hearsay by Fisher which he is fond of doing?

As for Johns reaction I dont blame the guy for going all official on it and coming full force against it when in today's culture one guys unsubstantiated claims can totally demolish any ones career and life backed by the angry mobs.
    i imagine he followed corporate advice on how to handle the issue...

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post

People have made comments critiquing Johns' character before, but never to a substantial extent.

Even the stuff Fisher or the article cite don't feel damning if only coming off a tad insensitive to racial issues.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    And I cannot even get close to reading Max Landis's American Alien because &%$# that guy. &*%$ him and everything he's ever written.
    I read it once, before the stuff about Landis came out.
    I thought it was ok, but I can't say I will ever give it a re-read now.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    While I really don't like EVS and I'm more negative than positive on Johns I really, really hope that this is not going to turn into some "Hal Jordan was written by horrible human beings, fuck him" narrative. I guess Morrison/Sharp run is even more valuable now.
    I totally expect this will happen, but hoping it doesn't get too bad.

Everyone will conveniently forget that some of the other favorite characters have been written by terrible human beings.

I'm not sure. I imagine the people who would try make a narrative of "screw Hal because of Johns" already didn't like the character to begin with, and the stuff about Johns probably just being confirmation bias to them.

Either way, always seemed to weird to me when people say fictional characters should be punished for the actions of creators involved with them. Should Guy, Hal, and John all get sent to the doghouse because they were written in the 90s by a guy whose in now in jail.

John's time as a Guardian in Mosaic is literally namedropped in the new GL issue so there's that. If there's people who would use Geoff Johns' embarrassing antics against Hal, there's plenty of ammo to send back their way too. Not to mention the fact that a portion of those people likely enjoy Jessica and Simon too and unless their creator came from a parallel universe, that's the easiest comeback to make. Either way it's an utter waste of time since people like that have been attacking the Hal Jordan character long before Johns, Van Sciver or anyone who's handled the character in the past was exposed as toxic trash. "Fans" like that are useless to even be acknowledged.
    Last edited by Johnny; 04-07-2021 at 12:50 PM.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Never underestimate the ability of people to warp any narrative to one that feeds into exactly what they already believe.
    Do you mind if I turn this into a meme and blast it all over social media? The people in the back need to hear it!
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    I'm not sure. I imagine the people who would try make a narrative of "screw Hal because of Johns" already didn't like the character to begin with, and the stuff about Johns probably just being confirmation bias to them.

Either way, always seemed to weird to me when people say fictional characters should be punished for the actions of creators involved with them. Should Guy, Hal, and John all get sent to the doghouse because they were written in the 90s by a guy whose in now in jail.
    Pretty much. I wouldn’t worry about it, they’re still adapting Loeb’s stuff after all and he got in hot water for insensitive remarks he made too. Johns had the misfortune of being the guy WB tasked with trying to salvage the Snyderverse after it had collapsed, and so he’s the target for the Snyder fanbases anger on Twitter. Some of this, but not all, is just the Snyder Cult using Johns screwups as ammo in their online wars.
    Last edited by Vordan; 04-07-2021 at 05:38 PM.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member

Marvel did'nt have this much controversy.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

How's everyone going with their re-read of Hal Jordan & The Green Lantern Corps? I gotta admit, I'm falling behind. Only two issues in.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    God I loved this issue. I wish they had bundled the Blackstars mini with S1, it’s basically the “proper” ending to all the S1 storylines.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    Love this issue!

It was the culmination of nearly 2 yrs of what at times felt like meandering, but ultimately paid off. I think GL #1-25 (1990) still hold up upon reread.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Nothing really ground breaking, I'd say it is more of the same, but it is getting a bit difficult at this point to handwave it away. Him coming out with basically "I have black friends" defence didn't help either.
    Yeah, I literally had to LOL at that. Regardless of their phenotype, it is not uncommon for bigoted people to date, marry, and procreate interracially.

Ray Fisher did an extensive interview with the Hollywood Reporter. Neither Fisher nor Johns came off looking particularly great, and rather than deal with the situation like a human being, Johns had a pack of PR ghouls defend him, which ended up making him look even worse. Compared to Joss Whedon, Johns came off great though
    Johns lacked the ability to overcome great fear.

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    Marvel did'nt have this much controversy.
    Kevin Feige has a strong producer hand.