Page 124 of 298 FirstFirst ... 2474114120121122123124125126127128134174224 ... LastLast
Results 1,846 to 1,860 of 4458
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    No idea, all we know is that she has a big part to play in the Green Lantern series finding out why the battery exploded, probably because she's actually a cop and can investigate but also because she and teen lantern have the only working rings, and that eventually she will confront Hal Jordan on where the hell he has been once he gets to OA, because the future state issue said that would be picked up this year.
    Jo and Hal having atypical rings and batteries also makes sense for Jo and Hal to investigate the CPB battery explosions.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Guess it's nothing new anyway. There was an issue of Green Lanterns where Jessica was chastising Hal about not being "more woke". That was her actual line. I don't know what Humphries or whoever wrote that was thinking or what writers believe this type of dialogue is meant to accomplish other than showcase the somewhat primitive thinking of the person writing the book, but it is what it is.
    I just looked it up to make sure it wasn't Seeley because I like him lol, glad it doesn't seem to be him.

But yes, I can't say I care for it either. I don't know what it's meant to accomplish. It's like a self fulfilling prophecy that Hal is the bland white patriarch that throws his weight around, so we need to write him that way to justify characters reacting to him in that way

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    Jo and Hal having atypical rings and batteries also makes sense for Jo and Hal to investigate the CPB battery explosions.
    Oh yeah Hal now has his whole Grant Morrison multiversal power up or whatever, that is they keep that of course.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Spectacular Member

Spectacular Member

1CF1345D-9DFE-4C81-B350-B2EAA92E2EE8.jpg
    Always felt Hal Jordan and Scott Summers shared some similarities

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Natasha is way better suited for that position than Carol imo, but I guess Marvel thought their premiere superheroine should be someone with cosmic powers rather than a spy.
    Everyone always forgets about The Wasp...

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Isn't modern Carol Danvers just a female Hal Jordan? And people seem to like her a lot now...
    They're both hotshot fighter pilots, yes, but Carol's a recovering alcoholic with identity issues. The one time they tried to give Hal issues with drunk driving didn't go down very well and was subsequently retcon punched out of canon.

Quote Originally Posted by cyclops1983 View Post
    1CF1345D-9DFE-4C81-B350-B2EAA92E2EE8.jpg
    Always felt Hal Jordan and Scott Summers shared some similarities
    I don't see it. Hal's a shoot from the hip maverick, Scott's an uptight control freak. Hal's always questioning the Guardians, Scott was devoted to his mentor. The closest Hal got to being like Scott was when he was Parallax. I'd be curious for your take.

Astonishing Member

Don't mind the picture but just like I hated the Larsen exagerrated tongue on Venom, this isn't the Parallax I want to fight Hal. I want Hal's ultra nemesis to be the Parallax View version of Parallax. Who he was before the Johns retcon, older Hal with gray temples willing to do anything, in a Maestro vs Hulk sort of way.

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    Don't mind the picture but just like I hated the Larsen exagerrated tongue on Venom, this isn't the Parallax I want to fight Hal. I want Hal's ultra nemesis to be the Parallax View version of Parallax. Who he was before the Johns retcon, older Hal with gray temples willing to do anything, in a Maestro vs Hulk sort of way.
    I’ve thought this too. Would be a cool nemesis since Parallax Hal was only interesting when contrasted with who he used to be.

I think there is actually a Parallax Hal running around from the Convergence/DCYou days but I doubt anyone remembers that.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Whatever happened to the Zero Hour era Parallax who's been running around the modern DCU since Convergence? Was there ever any closure on that?

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Whatever happened to the Zero Hour era Parallax who's been running around the modern DCU since Convergence? Was there ever any closure on that?
    Didn't he and a bunch of other time-disparate characters go back in time to prevent Crisis?

Man, Convergence was weird .

No, he jumped to main continuity after that and I think final New 52 GL arc was about him? But I have no idea what happened in it and if he is still around.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Didn't he and a bunch of other time-disparate characters go back in time to prevent Crisis?

Man, Convergence was weird .
    In one page no less. That's not how I wanted decompression dealt with, DC!