Page 13 of 298 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113 ... LastLast

one of my favorite scenes in gltas.

time to shake hands was really funny and smartly written.

Does anyone know if Hal is in Future State GL #1 at all? Or should I wait for his story in #2?

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Does anyone know if Hal is in Future State GL #1 at all? Or should I wait for his story in #2?
    Wait for #2, he’s not in #1. #1 is John Stewart, Jessica Cruz, and Guy Gardner.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Nope. He does get a mention and a statue in Future State Justice League #1.

wow, future state is here...

Indeed...

To be fair though, since Hal has always been great with kids, in my headcanon he must have been really nice to Andy.
    Last edited by Johnny; 01-12-2021 at 12:36 PM.

-- Has it ever been officially retconned back that J'onn was a founding member and not Cyborg? (or is it an Omniverse thing?)
    -- This isn't the first iteration of the League having statues. I always wonder who would have decided to do this? I don't see any of the heroes as vain enough to say, "We should have giant statues of us right ... here!" Maybe they gave Snapper carte blanche to redecorate one time... or a later incarnation of the JL wanting to honor the founders?

-- Has it ever been officially retconned back that J'onn was a founding member and not Cyborg? (or is it an Omniverse thing?)
    -- This isn't the first iteration of the League having statues. I always wonder who would have decided to do this? I don't see any of the heroes as vain enough to say, "We should have giant statues of us right ... here!" Maybe they gave Snapper carte blanche to redecorate one time... or a later incarnation of the JL wanting to honor the founders?
    I think they referenced J’onn being a founder in Death Metal, during the Justice League tie-in with a flashback by Dick Grayson. Also in Teen Titans today Cyborg referenced that he was a titan first and then later became a Justice League member. Safe to say that it’s been retconned back.

I always assumed the statutes were a tourist thing, like in a museum. Either that or because the hall of justice is located in Washington DC it’s a government statute or something.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post

one of my favorite scenes in gltas.

time to shake hands was really funny and smartly written.
    The show was a nice blend of humor, action and drama.

I think they've been walking J'onn back to being a League Founder since he came back and rejoined the League.

Also they really went minimalist on that Batman statue .

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think they've been walking J'onn back to being a League Founder since he came back and rejoined the League.

Also they really went minimalist on that Batman statue .
    They sure did. Hal's pose is classic though.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Wait for #2, he’s not in #1. #1 is John Stewart, Jessica Cruz, and Guy Gardner.
    Thanks. Have'nt read any solicits about Future State.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Outside of The Next Batman, all the Future State stuff I've read has been pretty forgettable. Nothing outright bad (well, Flash was), but nothing that would have made any kind of splash in the way that the New 52 did for its first few months. DC certainly dodged a bullet by slamming the breaks on this initiative before it took over the entire line.

That said, there's no guarantee that whatever replaces it will be any better, but it likely won't cause a mass abandonment of their comics like 5G would have.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Outside of The Next Batman, all the Future State stuff I've read has been pretty forgettable. Nothing outright bad (well, Flash was), but nothing that would have made any kind of splash in the way that the New 52 did for its first few months. DC certainly dodged a bullet by slamming the breaks on this initiative before it took over the entire line.

That said, there's no guarantee that whatever replaces it will be any better, but it likely won't cause a mass abandonment of their comics like 5G would have.
    It sounds like while Future State is using some 5G ideas, how 5G would’ve happened would be different. For example Williamson was not involved with 5G at all apparently. PKJ was supposed to do some new cosmic books and wasn’t going to be working on Superman. So what we’re getting now isn’t what we would’ve gotten, although I doubt I would’ve enjoyed 5G very much given it was Didio’s brainchild.