Page 136 of 186 FirstFirst ... 3686126132133134135136137138139140146 ... LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,040 of 2779
  1. #2026
    Extraordinary Member Gaius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    6,533

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    That haircut on Zod's kid. I hate him already.

  2. #2027
    Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    6,135

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Comes with dying in Crisis.
    Barry seems to be doing just fine.

  3. #2028
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    3,329

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    The Wayne's and the Kent's have been really fleshed out in a number of stories. The Jordan's are just as much interesting if just given the chance.

  4. #2029
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    68,695

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    The Wayne's and the Kent's have been really fleshed out in a number of stories. The Jordan's are just as much interesting if just given the chance.
    I agree .

  5. #2030
    Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    6,135

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I agree .
    Thirded. Hopefully they let the Jordans do a little more than show up to absorb a bullet and cry at a funeral.

    Or have Hal's brother get compared unfavorably to his superhero brother. Yikes. What was Morrison thinking? I vote we forget that annual's contributions to the Jordan family dynamic.
    Last edited by Robanker; 05-09-2021 at 09:36 PM.

  6. #2031
    Astonishing Member HsssH's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,615

    Default

    Not everything must be "fair", I didn't really have problems with his brother.

  7. #2032
    Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    6,135

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Not everything must be "fair", I didn't really have problems with his brother.
    That annual turned Hal's entire family into an episode of Springer. It wasn't a good look and just shit on his entire family to build up Hal. Kind of sucked pretty bad.

  8. #2033
    Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    7,180

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    That annual turned Hal's entire family into an episode of Springer. It wasn't a good look and just shit on his entire family to build up Hal. Kind of sucked pretty bad.
    To be fair, Morrison was riffing off of Broome's dynamics from the Silver Age, so this isn't something they pulled out of nowhere.

  9. #2034
    Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    3,176

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    The Wayne's and the Kent's have been really fleshed out in a number of stories. The Jordan's are just as much interesting if just given the chance.
    I beleive the Jordans are even more so because they got fleshed out in the SA. Hals family got a lot of attention including his older brother Jack, younger brother Jim, his Sister in Law Susan which even had a running plot that she thought Jim was GL. And one or two of his uncles.
    I wish they would bring them back.

    Later we got Hals cousin, Airwave, his nephew and niece and his father became a big part of his story.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

    Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

  10. #2035
    Extraordinary Member Johnny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    7,508

    Default


  11. #2036
    Extraordinary Member j9ac9k's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7,362

    Default


    Despite their connected mythologies, I don't think we've ever seen a proper GL/Manhunter (any of them) teamup.
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 05-10-2021 at 07:53 AM.

  12. #2037
    Extraordinary Member Gaius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    6,533

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Aquaman looking like he's doing a dance here always cracked me up.
    Last edited by Gaius; 05-10-2021 at 07:52 AM.

  13. #2038
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    24,429

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Aquaman looking like he's doing a dance here always cracked me up.
    Hmm! Now that you mention it, yeah, it DOES look like Arthur's tripping the light fantastic! HA!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

  14. #2039
    Extraordinary Member liwanag's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,324

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    I beleive the Jordans are even more so because they got fleshed out in the SA. Hals family got a lot of attention including his older brother Jack, younger brother Jim, his Sister in Law Susan which even had a running plot that she thought Jim was GL. And one or two of his uncles.
    I wish they would bring them back.

    Later we got Hals cousin, Airwave, his nephew and niece and his father became a big part of his story.
    I'm trying to think, who else besides Hal have a family that big and somehow identified in comics? Barry maybe, but wasn't Barry an only child? The Shazam family maybe, but not they're not relatives by birth.

  15. #2040
    Extraordinary Member Johnny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    7,508

    Default


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •