Page 145 of 298 FirstFirst ... 4595135141142143144145146147148149155195245 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,175 of 4458

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    I like to think that moment's where Hal and Guy's rivalry came to an end.
    I may be in the minority, but I'm not crazy about that moment. It seems kinda petty and I was never a fan of Johns's "punchy" characterization of Hal. It seemed more for the fans than a real story moment, especially since Batman had "forgiven" Hal at least twice prior to this. I'd have preferred Hal simply prove Bruce wrong as a way to shut him up. (or just ignore him - but I guess Johns thinks Hal really values Bruce's opinion)
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 05-23-2021 at 06:31 PM.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I may be in the minority, but I'm not crazy about that moment. It seems kinda petty and I was never a fan of Johns's "punchy" characterization of Hal. It seemed more for the fans than a real story moment, especially since Batman had "forgiven" Hal at least twice prior to this. I'd have preferred Hal simply prove Bruce wrong as a way to shut him up. (or just ignore him - but I guess Johns thinks Hal really values Bruce's opinion)
    I think in the Rebirth trade, it had Johns' proposal which featured Bruce getting possessed by Parallax and nearly attacking Robin, and experiencing first hand how easily Parallax takes control leads to him forgiving Hal. I think I would have preferred that to this moment, it seems more mature and proves Batman wrong without humiliating him.

So as Batman fan who also gets frustrated with how DC/WB caters to him above all others, this scene elicits mixed feelings in me
    Meanwhile, off panel Supes gets some vicarious meta "revenge" through Hal after TDKR lol

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I think in the Rebirth trade, it had Johns' proposal which featured Bruce getting possessed by Parallax and nearly attacking Robin, and experiencing first hand how easily Parallax takes control leads to him forgiving Hal. I think I would have preferred that to this moment, it seems more mature and proves Batman wrong without humiliating him.

So as Batman fan who also gets frustrated with how DC/WB caters to him above all others, this scene elicits mixed feelings in me
    Meanwhile, off panel Supes gets some vicarious meta "revenge" through Hal after TDKR lol
    I was actually disappointed they didn't go that route.

Mainly 'cause Bats in the Parallax Armor would actually look pretty good.

I was actually disappointed they didn't go that route.

Mainly 'cause Bats in the Parallax Armor would actually look pretty good.
    So, would that be "Batallax?" "Parabat?" I'm surprised we didn't see a Parallax/Batman during all the Metal/ Dark Universe stuff.

Yep.

Can’t emphasize how much of a “holy ****” this was for me as a kid reading GL in trades at the library. It made Hal cool as hell.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

From the Green Arrow 80th Anniversary.

Astonishing Member

For me Sinestro Corps War and Rebirth tower above the rest so much I can't even think what I would make the third arc but it probably would be Blackest Night not because I loved the run but it had some moments like the Spectre trying to reclaim Hal and it marks the end of Hal's run as character 1A in the DCU with Bruce. The SCW got him there BN was him being there. He gets first arc in relauched Brave and the Bold with Bats, gets first appearance along with Bats in New 52's mega JLA with Johns and Jim Lee.
    Last edited by EmeraldGladiator; 05-24-2021 at 09:21 AM.

So, would that be "Batallax?" "Parabat?" I'm surprised we didn't see a Parallax/Batman during all the Metal/ Dark Universe stuff.
    I thought Parallax possessed Batman was going to be the GL equivalent in the original Metal.

After learning that lameo’s origin I still think my idea was better.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    From the Green Arrow 80th Anniversary.

wonder how hal felt back in the day that the arrow car was painted yellow...

Astonishing Member

remember as a kid they had this dc comics subscription solicit with Mike Grell drawing Hal and Lightning Lad, I always loved it because those are two of my all time favorite DC characters from my childhood until now along with Alan Scott.

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    wonder how hal felt back in the day that the arrow car was painted yellow...
    Too bad Adams didn't draw Hal's car...
    91kbtJOIfiL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    But since Hal is shown descending from above, I'm going to imagine the Interceptor is right above.

Too bad Adams didn't draw Hal's car...
    91kbtJOIfiL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    But since Hal is shown descending from above, I'm going to imagine the Interceptor is right above.
    DC merch at its finest .

Nothing will ever beat this.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Nothing will ever beat this.

I'd absolutely wear that!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!