Page 173 of 298 FirstFirst ... 73123163169170171172173174175176177183223273 ... LastLast
Results 2,581 to 2,595 of 4458

"Mourning the loss of Alan Scott to political correctness" lol.

Can we move on from the Arisia topic please. The uncomfortable nature aside, it's not like there's anything about her "relationship" with Hal that is actually relevant to his character anyway. Let's talk about a woman who actually does have a more relevant relationship with him instead. Or rather should have. She's only a founding Leaguer alongside him and it annoys me that they almost feel like strangers these days despite having so much history on that team.
    Last edited by Johnny; 07-11-2021 at 05:07 PM.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    It's the modern comics mandate that I recognize is why I have no problem with it. Comic characters mostly only age to a point and then stop. The "forever 29" thing. Hal ages to 29 and stops but Arisia ages up until she hits that age as well. The same way Bruce is forever 29 but Dick is now basically in his mid 20s himself. Soon they will basically be the same age as Damien pushes Tim into his 20's. Even without that Arisia was a gal in her teens crushing on a guy in his 20's. When the time comes when they are both in their 20's they hook up. It happens a lot in the real world. In my mind what is Jessica now 20-22? That would put Arisia without the 100 year plus up, 24-26, perfectly reasonable for forever 29 Hal.
    Sorry, that doesn't work at all. Hal will not be forever 29, nobody in his generation is. They have settled on them being somewhere in their vague 30s, but definitely no younger than that. DC has even started allowing Batman and Superman to come across as very early 40s. And he was that age when their romance happened the first time, even if she aged herself up she was still mentally a teenager. And Hal being the hero he is and having been raised on Earth where the society he lived in has "don't diddle teenagers" laws, if he was being written in character he wouldn't touch any of this with a ten foot pole. And all the reboots and retcons in the world are not going to erase the publication history from peoples memories.

This romance is a complete non-starter with zero upsides. DC has already picked an adult woman in his age group, Carol, as his endgame anyway. If they ever want to pair him up with someone else, there is a wealth of other options (both terrestrial and not) that they'd be wiser to pick from.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Can we move on from the Arisia topic please. The uncomfortable nature aside, it's not like there's anything about her "relationship" with Hal that is actually relevant to his character anyway. Let's talk about a woman who actually does have a more relevant relationship with him instead. Or rather should have. She's only a founding Leaguer alongside him and it annoys me that they almost feel like strangers these days despite having so much history on that team.
    You posted this as I was typing so we have one more Arishia post. Sorry lol.

Do you mean Wonder Woman? I agree, I want way more interactions with them. It really sucks that I think the most prolific interaction we see between them is early new 52 where they were both written terribly by Johns. We need someone who understands both characters and writes them well to give us a good interaction.
    Last edited by SiegePerilous02; 07-11-2021 at 05:18 PM.

Astonishing Member

Johnny who are you talking about? Diana? My latest memory of them is the crapshow of Johns JLA run. From dibs to Diana's rage forcing Hal off the JLA.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Well, speaking of Hal's romantic life.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Well, speaking of Hal's romantic life.

That's actually a neat bit of trivia. I'm kinda bummed it didn't pan out.

I'd vastly prefer it to either Superman or Batman at this point.

Wow never heard that. Would this have been under O'Neil or Englehart?

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    That's actually a neat bit of trivia. I'm kinda bummed it didn't pan out.

I'd vastly prefer it to either Superman or Batman at this point.
    Well, she does have thing for pilots.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Wow never heard that. Would this have been under O'Neil or Englehart?
    Jack C. Harris, writer on WW in the late-70s and was also editor on GL at the same time.

Astonishing Member

Well if they wanted to cast Chris Pine as Hal, it would make for a crazy dynamic with Diana (Gal Gadot).

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Well, she does have thing for pilots.
    Jack C. Harris, writer on WW in the late-70s and was also editor on GL at the same time.
    I thought they were going to do the Hal/Diana thing in JLA as opposed to one of their own titles, no? (which presumably it would eventually bleed into)
    Screenshot 2021-07-11 204953.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I thought they were going to do the Hal/Diana thing in JLA as opposed to one of their own titles, no? (which presumably it would eventually bleed into)
    Screenshot 2021-07-11 204953.jpg
    You might be right. I think the idea was first proposed because he was involved in both titles.

RIP Robson Rocha.

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    Well if they wanted to cast Chris Pine as Hal, it would make for a crazy dynamic with Diana (Gal Gadot).
    I'm pretty sure the intention was for an older actor as Hal. Though even if they cast younger I still doubt they'd reuse Pine.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    RIP Robson Rocha.

I'm pretty sure the intention was for an older actor as Hal. Though even if they cast younger I still doubt they'd reuse Pine.
    Rumor had it Pine was up for both GL and Steve Trevor but he went for the WW because it was more imminent.

"He's got the whole world in his hands"

https://www.reddit.com/r/Greenlanter...y_qiuziyanomg/

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    This romance is a complete non-starter with zero upsides. DC has already picked an adult woman in his age group, Carol, as his endgame anyway. If they ever want to pair him up with someone else, there is a wealth of other options (both terrestrial and not) that they'd be wiser to pick from.
    Personally I think if he's going to have an inter-Corps. relationship, it should be with Arisia. I don't know if she should be his main alien squeeze...