Page 19 of 298 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969119 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    What's a Black Label book again?
    Usually an overhyped but pretty looking Batman, Joker, or Harley Quinn book.

What's a Black Label book again?
    Apparently it's supposed to be about limited series with more mature content. But yes, overall it's been pretty much what Gaius described.

Looks like they're not going to build on Grant Morrison's run.
    I don't want to start anything, but considering who the new writer is it might be for the better. You can talk about being professional and all that, but if you don't get Hal then maybe you shouldn't try to build upon his mythos.

Speaking about Jessica, am I the only one who was a bit upset that they killed Power Ring back in, I think, Darkseid War? I felt like her being new Power Ring would have made her a bit more unique next to other 2153 Earth lanterns.

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post

i thought it was hal at first glance, then realized it was kyle..
    On the positive side, Hal doesn't have to deal with Teen Lantern .
    Her head seems out of proportion.
    Maybe she's secretly a human Guardian!
    Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I don't want to start anything, but considering who the new writer is it might be for the better. You can talk about being professional and all that, but if you don't get Hal then maybe you shouldn't try to build upon his mythos.

Speaking about Jessica, am I the only one who was a bit upset that they killed Power Ring back in, I think, Darkseid War? I felt like her being new Power Ring would have made her a bit more unique next to other 2153 Earth lanterns.
    I think for one reason or another it was important for her to become an actual GL.

i was actually upset that most of the crime syndicate were killed.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    On the positive side, Hal doesn't have to deal with Teen Lantern .

Maybe she's secretly a human Guardian!

I think for one reason or another it was important for her to become an actual GL.
    i have no idea how teen lantern is written, but i bet hal will have no problem handling her. hal was able to handle guy all these years.

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    i was actually upset that most of the crime syndicate were killed.
    I remember Rebirth was announced at that time and it felt like John got pissed and just killed everything that he was building towards to in his JL and Forever Evil work. Which is weird considering that Rebirth was supposedly his idea.

I remember Rebirth was announced at that time and it felt like John got pissed and just killed everything that he was building towards to in his JL and Forever Evil work. Which is weird considering that Rebirth was supposedly his idea.
    i felt that johns could have done a better job with forever evil, but i think the man was really busy with all his different projects at the time. he probably had trouble landing his execution.

I get that, but he could have just left some members of the syndicate alive for other writers. More than Power Ring I was annoyed by Owlman dying. He screwed Nightwing and Dick never had an opportunity to get back at him. To me it felt like a huge wasted opportunity.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Apparently it's supposed to be about limited series with more mature content. But yes, overall it's been pretty much what Gaius described.
    I wouldn't consider Grant's TGL as mature content, but his writing sure requires multiple readings.

Astonishing Member

As said before, GLTAS should definitely be required viewing for anybody whose supposed to write Hal. That and Morrison's The Green Lantern.

Astonishing Member

I get that, but he could have just left some members of the syndicate alive for other writers. More than Power Ring I was annoyed by Owlman dying. He screwed Nightwing and Dick never had an opportunity to get back at him. To me it felt like a huge wasted opportunity.
    Kinda felt that the Syndicate came out as wimps in the end. Poor Power Ring.

Looks like they're not going to build on Grant Morrison's run.

Par for the course friend, par for the course. They did the same with his Superman stuff and that was hugely successful.