Page 191 of 298 FirstFirst ... 91141181187188189190191192193194195201241291 ... LastLast
Results 2,851 to 2,865 of 4458
    Incredible Member StarSpangledMan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    I hope this ends well for Hal.
    Looks like it might be that scene where Hal is trying to stop Superman from flying off and killing the Joker, where Superman takes the ring off Hal and lets him fall for a while...

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    I hope this ends well for Hal.
    I wonder if they'll adapt him going yellow.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Finally got around to getting volume 2 of TGL Season 2. In typical Morrison fashion they got a little too out-there in some spots, but I overall loved it. Especially Hal's characterization (which is always on point even when the story gets too nuts) and Sharp's art.

I'd never read the back half of the series before, I didn't realize Morrison snuck in the fact that Hal boned the alien nurse with the tentacles lol. And Weaponeer 666 is anti-matter Hal right? And he's in a romance with his version of Sinestro.

"Generic outdated straight white male protagonist" my ass. If DC had any balls they'd run with this and let Hal be the pansexual Jewish king he is and push it in adaptations.
    You heard it here. Get to work, DC.

Finally got around to getting volume 2 of TGL Season 2. In typical Morrison fashion they got a little too out-there in some spots, but I overall loved it. Especially Hal's characterization (which is always on point even when the story gets too nuts) and Sharp's art.

I'd never read the back half of the series before, I didn't realize Morrison snuck in the fact that Hal boned the alien nurse with the tentacles lol. And Weaponeer 666 is anti-matter Hal right? And he's in a romance with his version of Sinestro.

"Generic outdated straight white male protagonist" my ass. If DC had any balls they'd run with this and let Hal be the pansexual Jewish king he is and push it in adaptations.
    Looking forward to it when the paperback comes out. Gonna be needing that when that Injustice movie drops.

And Weaponeer 666 is anti-matter Hal right? And he's in a romance with his version of Sinestro.
    This is one of the things that I'm kinda upset about, I wanted to see more of anti-matter Hal and maybe some additional pages with how he went from Qwa-man to Weaponeer 666.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Looks like they’re just adapting Year One, and I’m sure this will do well enough to justify sequels, so it will be in the next sequel.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post

That's good stuff. Whether Morrison got a little "too out there" at times, the art in the book, be it main cover/variant cover or interior, seems to have been accepted across the board as one of the best looking DC books in recent memory. Sharp even called it the best work of his career.

I am particularly fond of this variant cover though, especially the non-cropped version.

Fantastic Member Mutatis_Mutandis's Avatar

Preach! (10 chars)

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    That's good stuff. Whether Morrison got a little "too out there" at times, the art in the book, be it main cover/variant cover or interior, seems to have been accepted across the board as one of the best looking DC books in recent memory. Sharp even called it the best work of his career.
    Spoiled with good art on that series.

These two are my various of the bunch.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Looks like they’re just adapting Year One, and I’m sure this will do well enough to justify sequels, so it will be in the next sequel.
    Also looks like they're borrowing from Year 5 with the Plastic Man storyline which seems to be what leads to the main hero vs hero fight.

Well, let's just hope it screws up adapting the comics the same way the Hush adaptation apparently did.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    And hopefully going green again.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    That plane got pushed past its limit I guess.