Page 210 of 298 FirstFirst ... 110160200206207208209210211212213214220260 ... LastLast
Results 3,136 to 3,150 of 4458

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, hopefully whatever Jessica's circumstances doesn't turn it into a fight although didn't they tease Jo going after him in a rage for not being there when the Corps. needed him?
    Hope there's at least some brief explanation about why Hal's ring didn't stop working.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Took me a long time to get used to Hal not being the main man. I think the Geoff Johns run gave a lot of people who were not familiar with GL before the illusion that Hal was far more important to GL and the overall DCU than he actually was. It wasn't until DC started frequently shafting him in marketing and outside media and now comics where I began to realize that Green Lantern wasn't really what I used to think it was and my expectations about this character were too unrealistic. I always wondered what would've been like if I started following GL about a decade earlier than I did. If I started reading GL in 1998 instead of 2008 I would've likely had a very different idea of who Hal Jordan was.
    the 2011 movie was pretty much the deathblow to the character. In WB eyes, Hal is box office poison.

Quote Originally Posted by kf26 View Post
    the 2011 movie was pretty much the deathblow to the character. In WB eyes, Hal is box office poison.
    Which is ironic when they are the ones who botched that movie. Its troubled production history has been well-documented. They should have noone to blame but themselves for it. There have been 3 awful Fantastic Four movies and Feige doesn't see Reed Richards and Johnny Storm as box office poison. But WB always tends to learn the wrong lessons from their failures so here we are.
    Last edited by Johnny; 08-19-2021 at 03:02 AM.

Spectacular Member

Which is ironic when they are the ones who botched that movie. Its troubled production history has been well-documented. They should have noone to blame but themselves for it. There have been 3 awful Fantastic Four movies and Feige doesn't see Reed Richards and Johnny Storm as box office poison. But WB always tends to learn the wrong lessons from their failures so here we are.
    It's funny that when the film flopped, they immediately removed him from the new 52 JL comic. Did DC really think we wouldn't notice?

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    The annual is great.

Ryan is great.

Hal is definitely in it and no one is punking him out.
    Great news. I hope you understand my initial skepticism here though. DC has unfortunately had a long history of putting Hal on covers of comics he's barely been in, so I'm a little hesitant about these kinds of comics, particularly one written by someone I'm unfamiliar with.

And I appreciate your continued willingness to engage with us fans whenever our concerns are unfounded. Thanks again.

Hope there's at least some brief explanation about why Hal's ring didn't stop working.
    Didn't Morrison already tee that up by explaining that Hal's ring and battery are powered by the Multiversal Lantern, rather than the Central Power Battery?

Well this is what we are thinking, but it would be good to have official written word that yeah, Hal is powered by cosmic grail. Or whatever else the reason might be.

Probably helps that Fantastic Four movies weren't made by Disney and Marvel so its easier to look at it objectively.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

It's frustrating, but can't be unexpected at this point.

They blame Superman and Robin for being disappointments on the big screen due to their own botched attempts. They keep trying with the former, but not in ways that inspire confidence. Hal's kind of screwed because if those two have trouble, what chance does he have? If Wonder Woman and Aquaman flopped they wouldn't be much better off either.

Martin Campbell keeps getting asked about the Green Lantern movie and he keeps spilling that tea.

He says the ending was supposed to be Hal teaming up with Kilowog, Tomar-Re, and Sinestro against Parallax on Earth, but the producers cut the budget so they had to scrap it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Martin Campbell keeps getting asked about the Green Lantern movie and he keeps spilling that tea.

He says the ending was supposed to be Hal teaming up with Kilowog, Tomar-Re, and Sinestro against Parallax on Earth, but the producers cut the budget so they had to scrap it all.
    That certainly makes Hal's "help me save my world" speech more meaningful if that was meant to be the payoff.

Maybe if they hadn't gone full CGI with the suit they could have saved some money.

Also Ryan Reynolds was totally miscast for the role. Nathan Fillion was right there and voicing Hal Jordan in the DTV movies.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by kf26 View Post
    I have always considered Ryan as box office poison.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Maybe if they hadn't gone full CGI with the suit they could have saved some money.

Also Ryan Reynolds was totally miscast for the role. Nathan Fillion was right there and voicing Hal Jordan in the DTV movies.
    The costume was garbage.

I certainly thought so. Ryan was not the right choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post

I liked Hal resolving it himself but at the same time Parallax was kind of a big deal for the first movie.

Fillion even joked about stealing Green Lantern from him during the recording for Emerald Knights, I believe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    I have always considered Ryan as box office poison.
    Deadpool says otherwise.

Campbell didn't even want Reynolds in the role, he wanted Bradley Cooper. The studio forced him to cast Reynolds instead. I'd say Cooper dodged a bullet.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I liked Hal resolving it himself but at the same time Parallax was kind of a big deal for the first movie.
    Parallax's portrayal aside, I didn't really mind him being dealt with in the very first movie. They clearly did that because they didn't want movie Hal to become a bad guy down the line, so they decided to get rid of Parallax from the get-go. That could've been the one potentially positive outcome from that debacle.