Page 211 of 298 FirstFirst ... 111161201207208209210211212213214215221261 ... LastLast
Results 3,151 to 3,165 of 4458

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Parallax's portrayal aside, I didn't really mind him being dealt with in the very first movie. They clearly did that because they didn't want movie Hal to become a bad guy down the line, so they decided to get rid of Parallax from the get-go. That could've been the one potentially positive outcome from that debacle.
    True that .

I thought the idea of making the GL suit CGI wasn't a bad idea, since I think it'd fit with the idea the suit is also a byproduct of the ring.

That it looked shit is a different matter.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Deadpool says otherwise.
    I thought that went without saying, lol.

Parallax's portrayal aside, I didn't really mind him being dealt with in the very first movie. They clearly did that because they didn't want movie Hal to become a bad guy down the line, so they decided to get rid of Parallax from the get-go. That could've been the one potentially positive outcome from that debacle.
    Nah it was a mistake. The first movie should have been Hal and Sinestro teaming up to capture Atrocitus like in Johns story depicting the twos first meeting. Then the second movie is Hal going to Sinestro’s world and realizing he’s fallen. Final movie is Sinestro Corps War. Honestly I don’t think you can pull off the War of Light or Blackest Night outside of a TV/cartoon series, it requires too much set up.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member

Campbell didn't even want Reynolds in the role, he wanted Bradley Cooper. The studio forced him to cast Reynolds instead. I'd say Cooper dodged a bullet.
    WB really needed self evaluation when providing a voiceover for a space raccoon was a better career move than Hal Jordan in live action.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    I thought the idea of making the GL suit CGI wasn't a bad idea, since I think it'd fit with the idea the suit is also a byproduct of the ring.

That it looked shit is a different matter.
    IMO, the GL uniform is one of the best superhero uniforms, ever. The uniform comes in so many variations for the main characters, yet they all mostly look great. The color scheme is unique.

They went overboard on a look designed to be sleek. The look for movie Flash is awful.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Nah it was a mistake. The first movie should have been Hal and Sinestro teaming up to capture Atrocitus like in Johns story depicting the twos first meeting. Then the second movie is Hal going to Sinestro’s world and realizing he’s fallen. Final movie is Sinestro Corps War. Honestly I don’t think you can pull off the War of Light or Blackest Night outside of a TV/cartoon series, it requires too much set up.
    I always felt the first film should have been a cosmic version of Training Day. Sinestro being exposed as corrupt, like the character Denzel played.

The writers had enough material to make a great first impression.

Ya know I know im in the minority here but I did not hate the GL movie. I am not saying I loved it but I did not hate it as much as many of you here. I was just happy to see Hal on the big screen. Now there were soooooo many issue with the movie so I understand where you are all coming from. I also love Sinestro. But it is what it is.

Let just hope we get to see Hal in the GL series slated for HBO Max.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    WB really needed self evaluation when providing a voiceover for a space raccoon was a better career move than Hal Jordan in live action.

IMO, the GL uniform is one of the best superhero uniforms, ever. The uniform comes in so many variations for the main characters, yet they all mostly look great. The color scheme is unique.

They went overboard on a look designed to be sleek. The look for movie Flash is awful.
    Oh, yeah. That DCEU Flash suit is low-key one of the reasons I'm probably not gonna see the Flash movie.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't think you were wrong so much as this is a kind of franchise that just shifts dynamic and lead characters whenever it suits it.
    The thing is, the lead role usually comes back to Hal. Out of his 62 year existence, he's been lead GL for the majority of those years.

The only ways I see Hal's relevance facing a more permanent decline is if another GL is the star of a massively successful GL film, or if a non-Hal GL is the lead of a comic book run as or more successful than the Johns run.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBatman View Post
    The thing is, the lead role usually comes back to Hal. Out of his 62 year existence, he's been lead GL for the majority of those years.

The only ways I see Hal's relevance facing a more permanent decline is if another GL is the star of a massively successful GL film, or if a non-Hal GL is the lead of a comic book run as or more successful than the Johns run.
    Those things could happen...but I hope they do not.

I understand the GL show we are going to get on HBO Max will not star Hal as it will star Alan (who I love) and have Guy and John. I sure do hope though they bring in Hal.

Now a movie in the DCEU or whatever you want to call it needs Hal. It just does ya know?!
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    I always felt the first film should have been a cosmic version of Training Day. Sinestro being exposed as corrupt, like the character Denzel played.

The writers had enough material to make a great first impression.
    That is the approach Emerald Dawn II and First Flight took, which I thought were interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by InfamousBG View Post
    Ya know I know im in the minority here but I did not hate the GL movie. I am not saying I loved it but I did not hate it as much as many of you here. I was just happy to see Hal on the big screen. Now there were soooooo many issue with the movie so I understand where you are all coming from. I also love Sinestro. But it is what it is.

Let just hope we get to see Hal in the GL series slated for HBO Max.
    I don't hate it, either. It's a disappointment, but it's got some great stuff in there. I've shown it my students before who love the GL cartoon and they all dug it.

Quote Originally Posted by InfamousBG View Post
    Those things could happen...but I hope they do not.

I understand the GL show we are going to get on HBO Max will not star Hal as it will star Alan (who I love) and have Guy and John. I sure do hope though they bring in Hal.

Now a movie in the DCEU or whatever you want to call it needs Hal. It just does ya know?!
    The HBO Max show will be about Alan, Guy. Simon, Jessica, and Sinestro. The movie will focus on John. My guess is Hal will show up in both played by the same actor

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I don't hate it, either. It's a disappointment, but it's got some great stuff in there. I've shown it my students before who love the GL cartoon and they all dug it.
    Oh ya my son loves the movie. The movie showed my son who Hal was. He fell in love.