Page 227 of 298 FirstFirst ... 127177217223224225226227228229230231237277 ... LastLast
Results 3,391 to 3,405 of 4458

If nothing else, at least the art was good.

Incredible Member StarSpangledMan's Avatar

I was hoping to see Sami Basri drawing Hal again though.

I very much doubt he would survive this movie, regardless of how things turned out in the games, but I'll be glad if I'm wrong.

Incredible Member StarSpangledMan's Avatar

I did watch the new Mortal Kombat animated movie from this studio and Shao Kahn has some green weapon constructs in a fight; the action is fantastic. If the animation for Injustice is anything like MK then we might be in for a treat.

We see a shot of someone getting heat-visioned into a field in the trailer. I don't remember much from the Year 1 comics but that might be part of the scene where Hal tries to stop Clark from killing the Joker? In which case, they're actually giving us a fight instead of Hal's ring being removed immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I very much doubt he would survive this movie, regardless of how things turned out in the games, but I'll be glad if I'm wrong.
    I don't think they'll kill off anyone who didn't already die in the game or comic.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    Well, something to look forward to.

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    Well, something to look forward to.
    "something to look forward to" and the Injustice franchise are kind diametrically opposed concepts.

Fantastic Member Mutatis_Mutandis's Avatar

Morrison's Hal was such an understated badass. Really missing TGL today. Things aren't looking up for our boy currently but hope future Hal writers will pick up their cues on Hal's characterization from this run.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Yeah Hal was written kinda like a dick in the annual but it was nice to see him. Hasnt been a lot of appearnaces lately. The Tom Denerick art was really nice too.

The annual itself I really enjoyed. Love me some manipulative, egotistical Sinestro. I like the rainbow corp as well. Jessicas transformation into a yellow was done well too. Hoping too see more of this.

I really like the GL universe and the IF focus of Teen Lantern, Baz, Jo Mullen and the story has been sooo boring. Nice to get some interesting GL stories with interesting characters.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MaxStirner_91 View Post
    Morrison's Hal was such an understated badass. Really missing TGL today. Things aren't looking up for our boy currently but hope future Hal writers will pick up their cues on Hal's characterization from this run.

Unfortunately, the recent GL Annual would seem to indicate that, no, they're not taking going to follow up on Morrison's wonderfully Zen characterization and defaulting to Johns's cocky hot head characterization.

I suspect that most of Morrison's work with the character will be ignored simply because the comic got too dense and obtuse for its own good by the end. The upside is that you can re-read those comics again and again while waiting for DC to do something more substantial with Hal.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Unfortunately, the recent GL Annual would seem to indicate that, no, they're not taking going to follow up on Morrison's wonderfully Zen characterization and defaulting to Johns's cocky hot head characterization.

I suspect that most of Morrison's work with the character will be ignored simply because the comic got too dense and obtuse for its own good by the end. The upside is that you can re-read those comics again and again while waiting for DC to do something more substantial with Hal.
    Sounds like what often happens with Morrison's work.

Fantastic Member Mutatis_Mutandis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post

Yeah, with a few exceptions here and there like King's Darkseid War story, that's the characterization that's become the blueprint sadly since the New 52.

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    Is it new merch? I think I've seen this before.