Page 257 of 298 FirstFirst ... 157207247253254255256257258259260261267 ... LastLast
Results 3,841 to 3,855 of 4458
    Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    I love me some MD Bright! Easily in my Top 5 GL artists.

I’m really looking forward to reading the Post Crisis Hal era. I grew up on the Rayner run, but have become enamored by the pre-Crisis Hal run. I find it hilarious that people claim these characters didn’t have a personality, or were boring. Like, have you even read these books? I have every Flash issue from just before Iris died, and there were some really great character work there. Same with GL. I have every issue of GL from Wolfman’s first issue to 200 uninterrupted, and I love them.

Walt Simonson

I love Simonson art .

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Just finished reading the first issue of DC vs. Vampires.

Heavy sigh.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Just finished reading the first issue of DC vs. Vampires.

Heavy sigh.
    I can't imagine it being that good....they've sort of flogged the whole vampire/dracula vs superhero thing to death...well at least over at Marvel.

Curious to know, if anyone knows....with Bendis on the JLA....has Hal returned as a full time member yet, as he's now on earth?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nostalgia View Post
    I can't imagine it being that good....they've sort of flogged the whole vampire/dracula vs superhero thing to death...well at least over at Marvel.

Curious to know, if anyone knows....with Bendis on the JLA....has Hal returned as a full time member yet, as he's now on earth?
    Not yet but apparently he will be joining the League as the official GL member iirc
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Not yet but apparently he will be joining the League as the official GL member iirc
    Good to hear, I'll start supporting the JLA with my $$$'s as soon as he shows up.

Happy Halloween.

Happy Halloween. It's still strange for me to think that sfuff like Blackest Night and Sinestro Corps War are seen as "the old days" now. But they are, they're from about 15 years ago, no different than how when the Kyle run started, things like the pre-CoIE Hal run must have been seen as ancient history too. Crazy how time passes. I still remember the hype about Blackest Night, the "end of the Geoff Johns' Green Lantern trilogy". Or especially the scene when Hal was bringing Barry up to speed about the dead heroes.

"- Who else died while I was gone? I want to know, Hal... How, Hal? Why?"

"I don't even know where to start... And the fastest man alive does something I haven't seen him do since he's been back... he sits down."

Big fan of BN's quiet moments. Lots of somberness when two friends who came back from the dead reminisce about their other friends who didn't.
    Last edited by Johnny; 10-31-2021 at 09:47 AM.

Happy Halloween .

Still happy to have collected the BN comic and the trade...

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Happy Halloween. It's still strange for me to think that sfuff like Blackest Night and Sinestro Corps War are seen as "the old days" now. But they are, they're from about 15 years ago, no different than how when the Kyle run started, things like the pre-CoIE Hal run must have been seen as ancient history too. Crazy how time passes. I still remember the hype about Blackest Night, the "end of the Geoff Johns' Green Lantern trilogy". Or especially the scene when Hal was bringing Barry up to speed about the dead heroes.

"- Who else died while I was gone? I want to know, Hal... How, Hal? Why?"

"I don't even know where to start... And the fastest man alive does something I haven't seen him do since he's been back... he sits down."

Big fan of BN's quiet moments. Lots of somberness when two friends who came back from the dead reminisce about their other friends who didn't.
    I've never been really a fan of Zombie-related stuff but I did enjoy the Hal and Barry moments in BN. Makes me wish Johns maybe a did mini with the two since he's the one who brought them back.

Incredible Member

[QUOTE=Gaius;5797404]I've never been really a fan of Zombie-related stuff but I did enjoy the Hal and Barry moments in BN. Makes me wish Johns maybe a did mini with the two since he's the one who brought them back.

[/QUOTE

Happy Halloween back !!! Yeah hard to believe that it's been that long since Blackest Night . Back then GL was DC's top seller and DC had some books in the top 10 too. I think that they were more focused on comics then.
    Yeah if John's did a mini with Hal & Barry that would be great , but as things are today sadly I don't expect it.
    I've been getting GL every month and we know that Hal is alive and has his ring, somehow not connected to the battery which is cool. But then again he's keeping a low profile which is very unlike him. Thorne seems to only want to write John , Simon and Joleen .
    The last issue Killowog was on the cover and nothing in the book about him.
    DC seems content on publishing over 50% Bat family books and is not making much effort on anything else.
    Pretty sad times

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nostalgia View Post
    Good to hear, I'll start supporting the JLA with my $$$'s as soon as he shows up.
    Same here.

Dc likes to use the excuse that there's a lack of interesting pitches so that's why the line-up is the way it is. Hence, I hope they get their writer workshop thing up and running soon. Their new talent search or whatever it's called.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I’m really looking forward to reading the Post Crisis Hal era. I grew up on the Rayner run, but have become enamored by the pre-Crisis Hal run. I find it hilarious that people claim these characters didn’t have a personality, or were boring. Like, have you even read these books? I have every Flash issue from just before Iris died, and there were some really great character work there. Same with GL. I have every issue of GL from Wolfman’s first issue to 200 uninterrupted, and I love them.
    I feel exactly the same! I discovered Hal (and the GL franchise in general) in 1991, and quickly scooped up as many back issues as I could find dating back to '85/'86 and just kept going. So while I've loved nearly every iteration of the character, that post-COIE thru ~1993/1994 era is still my frame of reference and "the best" in my mind.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES