Page 258 of 298 FirstFirst ... 158208248254255256257258259260261262268 ... LastLast
Results 3,856 to 3,870 of 4458

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Those are great lines. Great marerial for a movie.

Quote Originally Posted by TheKryptonMan View Post
    Back then GL was DC's top seller and DC had some books in the top 10 too.
    DC still has books in Top 10.

Astonishing Member

Anybody saw a kid with a GL costume this Halloween?

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    DC still has books in Top 10.
    Don’t think it’s anything but Bat and event books however
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

But that was always the case. Something like GL or some New 52 books getting into Top 10s was more of an exception than general rule.

Astonishing Member

Let's see how this ends I guess. Out in two weeks.

I look forward to its review.

It's nice that him and J'onn are on the cover, I imagine he would probably give Hal his power back somehow since when he appeared in the end he was a ghostly construct of sorts.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I would really love Liam Sharp to do another 6 issue mini-series that features Wonder Woman and Hal teaming up.

Yeah so let’s just hope that Dark Knights of Steel is not Hal. Because if so...then people might be 100% right about Elseworld’s not being too kind to Hal.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Too much illuminati symbolism for me.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Yeah so let’s just hope that Dark Knights of Steel is not Hal. Because if so...then people might be 100% right about Elseworld’s not being too kind to Hal.
    I don't see this being anyone other than Hal, the scene is with Green Arrow and "Green Man" has white gloves, they won't have Guy or a white gloved John being friends with Oliver, besides you can see Hal on one of the variant covers anyway.

Tbh I don't know if I really care about the context anymore. At this point it doesn't really matter to me "why" Hal is doing what he's doing in these stories; "why" he got possessed by Darkseid, "why" he got turned into a vampire traitor, or "why" he decided to assassinate Jor-El here, that's strike three now. What matters to me is this paints him in a negative light and the fact that this isn't happening not only to any other GLs but to any other heroes in general, shows specific intent towards this character. I think there's no point for me to "wait and see" anymore and it's a shame because just like with Last Ride, the art is amazing and I would've been perfectly fine with this story had Hal simply not been in it. If they don't think much of him, don't use him, simple as that. But these people clearly seem to think they need to prove some kind of point with this character and I just don't intend to support their efforts anymore. When or if they decide to do something good with him, I'm sure I'll hear about it. Maybe if a Volume 3 of Earth One ever comes out or something.
    Last edited by Johnny; 11-02-2021 at 06:03 PM.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I don't see this being anyone other than Hal, the scene is with Green Arrow and "Green Man" has white gloves, they won't have Guy or a white gloved John being friends with Oliver, besides you can see Hal on one of the variant covers anyway.

Tbh I don't know if I really care about the context anymore. At this point it doesn't really matter to me "why" Hal is doing what he's doing in these stories; "why" he got possessed by Darkseid, "why" he got turned into a vampire traitor, or "why" he decided to assassinate Jor-El here, that's strike three now. What matters to me is this paints him in a negative light and the fact that this isn't happening not only to any other GLs but to any other heroes in general, shows specific intent towards this character. I think there's no point for me to "wait and see" anymore and it's a shame because just like with Last Ride, the art is amazing and I would've been perfectly fine with this story had Hal simply not been in it. If they don't think much of him, don't use him, simple as that. But these people clearly seem to think they need to prove some kind of point with this character and I just don't intend to support their efforts anymore. When or if they decide to do something good with him, I'm sure I'll hear about it. Maybe if a Volume 3 of Earth One ever comes out or something.
    How about maybe waiting until it's confirmed that it's Hal first before freaking out? The fact that they explicitly don't show the Lantern's face is pretty telling, I think. You know who else had white gloves? Sinestro.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    How about maybe waiting until it's confirmed that it's Hal first before freaking out? The fact that they explicitly don't show the Lantern's face is pretty telling, I think. You know who else had white gloves? Sinestro.
    The idea of Green Arrow with Sinestro is...something .