Page 259 of 298 FirstFirst ... 159209249255256257258259260261262263269 ... LastLast
Results 3,871 to 3,885 of 4458
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    How about maybe waiting until it's confirmed that it's Hal first before freaking out? The fact that they explicitly don't show the Lantern's face is pretty telling, I think. You know who else had white gloves? Sinestro.
    He's barely worn them enough for it to be noteworthy.

Nah, it's most likely Hal when we factor in the fact that Ollie is with him. Whether or not he will be straight up evil remains to be seen, but as this is Taylor writing this, I'm not certain anyone besides Bats and Harley is completely safe from so-so writing to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I would really love Liam Sharp to do another 6 issue mini-series that features Wonder Woman and Hal teaming up.

Rym Slim

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    Too much illuminati symbolism for me.
    Huh, I can see it now that you've pointed it out.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Yeah so let’s just hope that Dark Knights of Steel is not Hal. Because if so...then people might be 100% right about Elseworld’s not being too kind to Hal.
    Anybody have a link? I can't seem to open the preview from the other thread.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    He's barely worn them enough for it to be noteworthy.
    He wore them the entire time he was a Green Lantern.

How about we have a little friendly wager about this whole "Is it Hal or isn't it Hal?" thing in Dark Knights of Steel, shall we?

Loser has to post their most embarrassing childhood photo on this thread.

Now, who's willing to put their dignity on the line? Because if you aren't, I reserve the right to call you all yellow-bellied cowards unworthy of being fans of fearless Hal Jordan

How about we have a little friendly wager about this whole "Is it Hal or isn't it Hal?" thing in Dark Knights of Steel, shall we?

Loser has to post their most embarrassing childhood photo on this thread.

Now, who's willing to put their dignity on the line? Because if you aren't, I reserve the right to call you all yellow-bellied cowards unworthy of being fans of fearless Hal Jordan
    I haven't read it, so I wouldn't wager (also, I was an adorable kid, so there are no embarrassing photos from that time.... my adulthood, that's another story) but from what I understand about the story, there was a prophecy about demons and it seems to match the El family. Could it be Hal and Ollie had the best intentions thinking they were killing a demon? Ollie being in on it makes me think they might be sympathetic rather than the bad guys. Unfortunately, the notion that they might be sympathetic makes me think Taylor was messing with us and it's John.

So .... right now in my mind, it's Hal if GL and GA are meant to be bad guys but if they're meant to be good, it's more likely to be John. Yeah, I hope I'm wrong but the way things have been going, that seems the two most likely outcomes. (but again, I haven't read it)

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    besides you can see Hal on one of the variant covers anyway.
    Oh I've seen several covers, but not one with Hal.... can someone post it?

[edit] I posted a variant cover below. Is that the one you meant?
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 11-03-2021 at 01:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I haven't read it, so I wouldn't wager (also, I was an adorable kid, so there are no embarrassing photos from that time.... my adulthood, that's another story) but from what I understand about the story, there was a prophecy about demons and it seems to match the El family. Could it be Hal and Ollie had the best intentions thinking they were killing a demon? Ollie being in on it makes me think they might be sympathetic rather than the bad guys. Unfortunately, the notion that they might be sympathetic makes me think Taylor was messing with us and it's John.

So .... right now in my mind, it's Hal if GL and GA are meant to be bad guys but if they're meant to be good, it's more likely to be John. Yeah, I hope I'm wrong but the way things have been going, that seems the two most likely outcomes. (but again, I haven't read it)
    I will accept embarrassing adult photos, too.

I see Hal, Guy and Alan on this cover...
    tumblr_f63ee06bbbae7caa547c06d61796cca2_cfcd8284_1280.jpg
    With Alan's involvement, could the GLs be a brotherhood of mages? If Ollie is like Robin Hood, would that make Hal his "Friar Tuck?"
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 11-03-2021 at 01:28 AM.

How about maybe waiting until it's confirmed that it's Hal first before freaking out? The fact that they explicitly don't show the Lantern's face is pretty telling, I think. You know who else had white gloves? Sinestro.
    I was in "wait and see" mode with both Last Ride and DC vs Vampires, Bored, felt kind of foolish afterwards. Again, the context matters little anymore when the character is repeatedly portrayed that way. Sure, Hal(if it's really him which imo is rather obvious) could very well not be an actual "villain" here, like I said he could be manipulated or someone could be using his ring to make him do their dirty work for them, or he could have altruistic reasons for doing what he does, but the fact that they keep giving him portrayals him like that speaks for itself. Hal Jordan doesn't assassinate people. Ask yourself why is he the one they keep doing that to, whatever the context happens to be. "Freaking out" is a rather strong expression, I just pointed out the pattern of DC doing that to him.

PS: Not taking any bets, I have nothing but embarrassing photos as a kid, so bugger off.
    Last edited by Johnny; 11-03-2021 at 03:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    Anybody have a link? I can't seem to open the preview from the other thread.

The arrow goes in Jor-El's eye in the next page.
    Last edited by Johnny; 11-03-2021 at 02:46 AM.

I mean, it's somewhat hopeful that his motivation is to save the world. Unless of course he's lying and just said that to Ollie to get him to go along with it... Or the ring was lying to him as well? (but really, why wouldn't a GL be able to send a magic arrow construct without Ollie? Guess we'll see how Taylor redefines a GL's powers in this world - it's already referred to as "magic.")

Prophecies being what they are in fiction, it's possible killing Jor-El was just a necessary step in the row of dominoes needed to bring about earth's salvation. I guess I'm intrigued but on the fence about whether or not to pick this up. (12 issues is a long time to trade-wait. Especially when spoilers will likely be out there before it's over)

Also, is anyone else bothered by Ollie's bow? Bows existed back then and they didn't look like that - and it's not even like Ollie had a more advanced compound bow - it seems to have a telescope for aiming which is pointless considering it sees in a straight line and an arrow arcs over distance. (just nitpicking I guess...)
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 11-03-2021 at 03:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by johnny View Post
    i was in "wait and see" mode with both last ride and dc vs vampires, bored, felt kind of foolish afterwards. Again, the context matters little anymore when the character is repeatedly portrayed that way. Sure, hal(if it's really him which imo is rather obvious) could very well not be an actual "villain" here, like i said he could be manipulated or someone could be using his ring to make him do their dirty work for them, or he could have altruistic reasons for doing what he does, but the fact that they keep giving him portrayals him like that speaks for itself. Hal jordan doesn't assassinate people. Ask yourself why is he the one they keep doing that to, whatever the context happens to be. "freaking out" is a rather strong expression, i just pointed out the pattern of dc doing that to him.

Ps: Not taking any bets, i have nothing but embarrassing photos as a kid, so bugger off.
    COWARD!

That said, when I turn out to be right, you'll be glad you didn't take my bet...

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I mean, it's somewhat hopeful that his motivation is to save the world. Unless of course he's lying and just said that to Ollie to get him to go along with it... (but really, why wouldn't a GL be able to send a magic arrow construct without Ollie? Guess we'll see how Taylor redefines a GL's powers in this world - it's already referred to as "magic.")

Prophecies being what they are in fiction, it's possible killing Jor-El was just a necessary step in the row of dominoes needed to bring about earth's salvation. I guess I'm intrigued but on the fence about whether or not to pick this up. (12 issues is a long time to trade-wait. Especially when spoilers will likely be out there before it's over)
    I don't think he's lying, more likely manipulated by someone else through his ring that he's doing the right thing. Bruce mentions "Green Man" attacking their kingdom earlier and Constantine is also seen in some comatose state talking about the prophecy and The Green Man, so Hal or whoever this is, is almost treated like some boogeyman in the story who's attacked the El kingdom before. In the interest of fairness it was also mentioned the Kryptonians have imprisoned people with magic powers who were perceived as a threat to their race, so Hal, Oliver and Dinah, who also shows up, could be part of some "resistance" type of faction(Jor-El was not portrayed as a tyrant in the issue), but again, assassinating people isn't what Hal Jordan does.
    Last edited by Johnny; 11-03-2021 at 04:06 AM.

That said, when I turn out to be right, you'll be glad you didn't take my bet...