Page 260 of 298 FirstFirst ... 160210250256257258259260261262263264270 ... LastLast
Results 3,886 to 3,900 of 4458

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    He wore them the entire time he was a Green Lantern.
    Which has been almost entirely in the "past tense" during his entire publication history, his other two iconic outfits (classic and Sinestro Corps) are what come to mind more readily when people think of him.

There is a possibility it is Sinestro and I would be pleasantly surprised if it was, but I wouldn't place any bets on that. Odds are higher it would be Alan if it's someone else, and if not for the Green Man title, Jo would spring to mind before Sinestro as well.

Now, who's willing to put their dignity on the line? Because if you aren't, I reserve the right to call you all yellow-bellied cowards unworthy of being fans of fearless Hal Jordan
    We are posting on a forum about superhero comics.
    Nobody on here has any dignity left to spare

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Which has been almost entirely in the "past tense" during his entire publication history, his other two iconic outfits (classic and Sinestro Corps) are what come to mind more readily when people think of him.

There is a possibility it is Sinestro and I would be pleasantly surprised if it was, but I wouldn't place any bets on that. Odds are higher it would be Alan if it's someone else, and if not for the Green Man title, Jo would spring to mind before Sinestro as well.

And yet ALL of you are too afraid to bet with me.

Hal Jordan would be so disappointed in your unwillingness to back up your assumptions with cold hard embarrassment!

As for the white gloves, the fact remains that the mysterious Green Lantern in question wore white gloves and that's exactly what Sinestro wore as a GL. If this story is riffing on Sinestro's fall, they wouldn't start with him welding his yellow ring immediately. It would be more dramatically interesting to show him lose the ring to Hal for my money.

Can anyone give me a logical explanation for why they didn't show the GL's face if it's just gonna be Hal? By having Ollie there, that'd be what many readers would assume, so it feels like too obvious a misdirect to me.

And yet ALL of you are too afraid to bet with me.

Hal Jordan would be so disappointed in your unwillingness to back up your assumptions with cold hard embarrassment!

As for the white gloves, the fact remains that the mysterious Green Lantern in question wore white gloves and that's exactly what Sinestro wore as a GL. If this story is riffing on Sinestro's fall, they wouldn't start with him welding his yellow ring immediately. It would be more dramatically interesting to show him lose the ring to Hal for my money.

Can anyone give me a logical explanation for why they didn't show the GL's face if it's just gonna be Hal? By having Ollie there, that'd be what many readers would assume, so it feels like too obvious a misdirect to me.
    I agree that that would be the obvious logical misdirect, but DC and Taylor don't earn much faith from me that they would go for it. I hope your scenario plays out, but otherwise let people be cynical until DC starts earning the trust back.

And no matter what happens to Hal, I feel like Diana will probably fare worse in her own way even as one of the heroes.

Maybe the "Green Man" who attacked before was Alan and this one is Hal...?

I kinda hope there's a "Unite the 7" theme to this series a la "GoT" where these various factions have to settle grievances to battle some larger threat and ultimately create this world's Justice League.

Edit.

10char
    Last edited by Johnny; 11-03-2021 at 02:14 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Hal loves his ginger nephews.

It would have been a hoot if Hal served on a JL team with Wally, Roy, and Dick. So many opportunities for interesting character moments.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post

It would have been a hoot if Hal served on a JL team with Wally, Roy, and Dick. So many opportunities for interesting character moments.
    I tend to forget how close he is to both the Arrow family and the Flash family. He's not close to just Ollie and Barry, but to Dinah, Roy, and Wally as well. Those relationships haven't been re-explored in quite a while I believe.

Extraordinary Member

I tend to forget how close he is to both the Arrow family and the Flash family. He's not close to just Ollie and Barry, but to Dinah, Roy, and Wally as well. Those relationships haven't been re-explored in quite a while I believe.
    I don't want sound too salty, but I felt that way too much time was spent focusing on Hal's disfunctional relationships with Sinestro & Batman during the Johns era.

Neglecting his established relationships has isolated, and imo, hurt the character.

Ollie, Dinah, Roy, John, & Guy have all been supporting characters throughout Hal's publication history, yet were not used enough during his most popular run. They are family, imo.

Hopefully, when Hal gets another chance in the spotlight, writers will remember how well connected he is.

I don't want sound too salty, but I felt that way too time was spent focusing on Hal's disfunctional relationships with Sinestro & Batman during the Johns era.

Neglecting his established relationships has isolated, and imo, hurt the character.

Ollie, Dinah, Roy, John, & Guy have all been supporting characters throughout Hal's publication history, yet were not used enough during his most popular run.

Hopefully, when Hal gets another chance in the spotlight, writers will remember who well connected he is.
    It's funny since I actually thought one of the early issues in Johns' run (I think it's the one right before or during Infinite Crisis) where Hal and Ollie are put under the Black Mercy by Mongul was another of the better "quieter" issues (for Johns' at least) in his run.

I don't want sound too salty, but I felt that way too much time was spent focusing on Hal's disfunctional relationships with Sinestro & Batman during the Johns era.

Ollie, Dinah, Roy, John, & Guy have all been supporting characters throughout Hal's publication history, yet were not used enough during his most popular run. They are family, imo.

Hopefully, when Hal gets another chance in the spotlight, writers will remember how well connected he is.
    I'll still always appreciate Blackest Night since despite having an epic scale, it was mostly a Hal/Barry story. A story about dead heroes accentuating on two previously dead heroes and best friends, whose dead friends are trying to kill them. And I know Johns still tried to have Sinestro steal the spotlight in the end, but that to me was always a GL/Flash story through and through.

I'll still always appreciate Blackest Night since despite having an epic scale, it was mostly a Hal/Barry story. A story about dead heroes accentuating on two previously dead heroes and best friends, whose dead friends are trying to kill them. And I know Johns still tried to have Sinestro steal the spotlight in the end, but that to me was always a GL/Flash story through and through.
    I mean, Sinestro stole the spotlight but he screwed himself over so Hal could save the day.

Lol I'm scrolling through the Hal Jordan tag on Tumblr and I already saw like three Sexy Vampire Hal pics, so maybe DC vs. Vampire has unleashed something positive.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

It's a shame the Meltzer run felt a little undercooked, McDuffie's follow-up was marred by editorial cluster%#@*ery, and Robinson's tenure started off with one of the worst JLA stories ever written. That roster had so much potential.

There's some absolutely great stuff during Meltzer's issues though. I just wish it congealed into a better overall run for me.