Page 261 of 298 FirstFirst ... 161211251257258259260261262263264265271 ... LastLast
Results 3,901 to 3,915 of 4458
    Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Lol I'm scrolling through the Hal Jordan tag on Tumblr and I already saw like three Sexy Vampire Hal pics, so maybe DC vs. Vampire has unleashed something positive.
    Now I want Vampire Hal to do a crossover with What We Do In The Shadows...

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I tend to forget how close he is to both the Arrow family and the Flash family. He's not close to just Ollie and Barry, but to Dinah, Roy, and Wally as well. Those relationships haven't been re-explored in quite a while I believe.
    As much as I think Bendis has been on autopilot for a lot of his Justice League run, at the very least, I'm happy we'll get Wally, Hal, Ollie & Dinah together on the same team again for the first time...ever.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    I don't want sound too salty, but I felt that way too much time was spent focusing on Hal's disfunctional relationships with Sinestro & Batman during the Johns era.

Neglecting his established relationships has isolated, and imo, hurt the character.

Ollie, Dinah, Roy, John, & Guy have all been supporting characters throughout Hal's publication history, yet were not used enough during his most popular run. They are family, imo.

Hopefully, when Hal gets another chance in the spotlight, writers will remember how well connected he is.
    It's not salty if it's true.

While I love "Secret Origin", it delved into Hal & Sinestro's history enough - I didn't need it rehashed every other arc. And the less said about Batman the better.

I think the first step in re-establishing Hal's many other relationships is to get his ass back to Earth for more than 5 minutes, and keep him there for a year or three. Background cameo's in single panels don't count.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    I think the first step in re-establishing Hal's many other relationships is to get his ass back to Earth for more than 5 minutes, and keep him there for a year or three. Background cameo's in single panels don't count.
    If Hal is indeed joining the Justice League, then it appears that he'll be Earth-bound for the foreseeable future.

Lol I'm scrolling through the Hal Jordan tag on Tumblr and I already saw like three Sexy Vampire Hal pics, so maybe DC vs. Vampire has unleashed something positive.
    Ha. Too bad Pattinson is already playing Batman...

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    If Hal is indeed joining the Justice League, then it appears that he'll be Earth-bound for the foreseeable future.
    It's really weird that we don't have much in the way of a definitive answer of where the heck Hal is.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's really weird that we don't have much in the way of a definitive answer of where the heck Hal is.
    Yeah, it's more been something we've been able to figure out in drips and drops based upon that redone JL vs LSH cover and Hal & Wally's guest appearance in SoKE. By the time he actually shows up in the Justice League comic, it's gonna end up feeling a little old hat

Haha. Stan twitter did that already. For some reason Hal and Bruce is always a very popular ship among the "standom", and now vampire Hal and Bruce apparently takes it up a notch. lmao

This is probably my favorite page from Morrison & Sharp

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Hal layeth the smack DOWN!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

This is probably my favorite page from Morrison & Sharp
    The good folks did a fine job.

Fantastic Member Mutatis_Mutandis's Avatar

The good folks did a fine job.

Sharp's Hal looks too uncomfortably hot at times lol (I'll see myself out).

Quote Originally Posted by MaxStirner_91 View Post
    Sharp's Hal looks too uncomfortably hot at times lol (I'll see myself out).
    Was there anything in that book that wasn't hot somehow. lol Even the manifestation of Hal's ring was portrayed as hot which made so much sense tbh.

I always see myself out or edit my comments when I feel like I go a bit over the line, wish I was more subtle.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    It's funny since I actually thought one of the early issues in Johns' run (I think it's the one right before or during Infinite Crisis) where Hal and Ollie are put under the Black Mercy by Mongul was another of the better "quieter" issues (for Johns' at least) in his run.
    More stories like that should have taken place.

I'll still always appreciate Blackest Night since despite having an epic scale, it was mostly a Hal/Barry story. A story about dead heroes accentuating on two previously dead heroes and best friends, whose dead friends are trying to kill them. And I know Johns still tried to have Sinestro steal the spotlight in the end, but that to me was always a GL/Flash story through and through.
    I really enjoyed Ray trying to talk to Carter. That was great stuff as I am not familiar with their relationship. Zombie Ralph was dark, and funny. I also liked Hal & Barry fighting zombie Martian Manhunter. I never read those three interacting before.

It's a shame the Meltzer run felt a little undercooked, McDuffie's follow-up was marred by editorial cluster%#@*ery, and Robinson's tenure started off with one of the worst JLA stories ever written. That roster had so much potential.

There's some absolutely great stuff during Meltzer's issues though. I just wish it congealed into a better overall run for me.
    JL should have been on a role with those three writers, and the various roll calls utilized.

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    It's not salty if it's true.

While I love "Secret Origin", it delved into Hal & Sinestro's history enough - I didn't need it rehashed every other arc. And the less said about Batman the better.

If villains on Earth can give Superman trouble, then surely that is reason enough for Hal to be Earth bound. Hal was way more powerful pre crisis, and spent more time on Earth than now.

Imo, it was still never established how Hal & Sinestro bounded. It took Chris Claremont one story to show how Xavier & Magneto became best friends. Johns danced around it, but never went all the way in. It felt hallow, those pages should have gone to more deserving supporting characters.