Page 262 of 298 FirstFirst ... 162212252258259260261262263264265266272 ... LastLast
Results 3,916 to 3,930 of 4458
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    That page will never get old.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Haha. Stan twitter did that already. For some reason Hal and Bruce is always a very popular ship among the "standom", and now vampire Hal and Bruce apparently takes it up a notch. lmao
    Half the pictures I saw featured Vamp Hal sexily munching on Bruce, so this tracks.

Bruce seems to be a magnet for fans who want guyxguy action in general lol.

The green police tape kills me every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    I'm surprised that's not more common .

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    I think that scene is a good example why the first season was generally better received than the second. It was "out there" but not "way out there". Though that's to be expected with Morrison, they won't start weird just to make it less weird. S2 still had some really good issues, the Flash team-up in the Golden Giants issue for instance is very underrated imo.
    Last edited by Johnny; 11-05-2021 at 12:41 AM.

I think that scene is a good example why the first season was generally better received than the second. It was "out there" but not "way out there". Though that's to expected with Morrison, they won't start weird just to make it less weird. S2 still had some really good issues, the Flash team-up in the Golden Giants issue for instance is very underrated imo.
    First issue won me over strong;

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post

Bruce seems to be a magnet for fans who want guyxguy action in general lol.
    I'm sure the millions of little gay kids who had their sexual awakenings watching Joel Schumacher's Batman films have a lot to do with that

I think that scene is a good example why the first season was generally better received than the second. It was "out there" but not "way out there". Though that's to expected with Morrison, they won't start weird just to make it less weird. S2 still had some really good issues, the Flash team-up in the Golden Giants issue for instance is very underrated imo.
    Season Two was too obtuse for it's own good. The aliens speaking only in the terrible "hip" dialogue that middle-aged comics writers in the 60s thought kids were using, and the backwards issue are two examples of really interesting ideas that Morrison came up with that didn't make for great comics. I respect their ambition though, even if some of Season Two was a big swing and a miss.

I just bought a collected edition of Season Two. I waited a while, because I hadn't hear nor read good things about it, but I found it at a good price and I decided to complete the story Morrison and Sharp started in The Green Lantern Season One. I think I will read it next week
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

Quote Originally Posted by Chubistian View Post
    I just bought a collected edition of Season Two. I waited a while, because I hadn't hear nor read good things about it, but I found it at a good price and I decided to complete the story Morrison and Sharp started in The Green Lantern Season One. I think I will read it next week
    Have fun. It's very dense. I'd recommend not worrying too much about understanding everything on the first read. Ritesh Babu and Rikdad have also done some excellent annotations on them that help with unravelling all the various stuff Morrison's trying to do.

At the very least, Liam Sharp's art is *&%$ing career best.

Fantastic Member Mutatis_Mutandis's Avatar

I think that scene is a good example why the first season was generally better received than the second. It was "out there" but not "way out there". Though that's to be expected with Morrison, they won't start weird just to make it less weird. S2 still had some really good issues, the Flash team-up in the Golden Giants issue for instance is very underrated imo.
    Agreed, there are lots of great moments in season two. "I'm not divided, I'm a corps" immediately springs to mind. Also, Hal nonchalantly shrugging off death as if it's just another Friday for him and playing space pool! The problem is the overall plot is kind of all over the place and doesn't really flow as well as season 1. It's definitely a big swing with some really good hits and some misses. I really like the first and last issues of season two and I think Ritesh Babu and Rikdad's write-ups like Bored mentioned have played a big role in helping me appreciate some of the key themes in the second season.
    Last edited by Mutatis_Mutandis; 11-05-2021 at 02:24 AM.

Fantastic Member Mutatis_Mutandis's Avatar

This piece by Ritesh Babu written during the middle of season 2 is is just so good at extrapolating the themes of the run and the characterization of Hal in it.

https://aiptcomics.com/2020/04/02/th...ns-a-good-man/

God, I just love Morrison's Hal.

Now one might say ‘But Hal Jordan is a conservative!’. Maybe another version or interpretation, perhaps. But certainly not this one. This is a man who has embraced change, evolution, diversity, nature, opened himself up to new modes of thinking, new ideologies and beliefs, as you imagine one would have to when you can travel the stars. Hal keeps an open heart, but at the same time, given how long he’s been at this, he can see individuals for who they are and what they are. He understands and quickly grasps their nature, no matter how alien or familiar. This is a man who’ll yell at the planet for being drunk, because you goddamned fools, you cannot kill the planet and take the future from the young. They need their future, they deserve their future, this planet needs its future.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Season Two was too obtuse for it's own good. The aliens speaking only in the terrible "hip" dialogue that middle-aged comics writers in the 60s thought kids were using, and the backwards issue are two examples of really interesting ideas that Morrison came up with that didn't make for great comics. I respect their ambition though, even if some of Season Two was a big swing and a miss.
    Backwards issue is one of my favourites

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Backwards issue is one of my favourites
    Glad it worked for you. I may end up digging it more upon a re-read.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I see Hal, Guy and Alan on this cover...
    Attachment 115217
    With Alan's involvement, could the GLs be a brotherhood of mages? If Ollie is like Robin Hood, would that make Hal his "Friar Tuck?"
    Can't seem to figure out where they are.