Page 276 of 298 FirstFirst ... 176226266272273274275276277278279280286 ... LastLast
Results 4,126 to 4,140 of 4458

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    We need new stuff, especially for the new generation of potential fans.
    I don't know if it necessarily works that way anymore. There's so much content for kids to consume these days, a lot of them gravitate towards classic stuff rather than the newer material that might not necessarily be any good. So, while there's definitely a contingent of fans who only want new stuff, the new adventures of a decades-old character wouldn't really appeal to them anyways.

Meanwhile, there's going to be fresh fans of Hal Jordan created by the great evergreen stories he's been in. New Frontier, Sinestro Corps War, Blackest Night, and The Green Lantern functions in the same way for Hal as All-Star Superman/For All Seasons and Dark Knight Returns/Year One keep making new fans for those characters.

Also, you've got a great one and done Green Lantern Animated Series that will be a running in perpetuity, which will no doubt find more and more fans as the years go by.

definitely. more stories that can be adapted to animated movies, more shows, i could use a solid video game too....

I think that classic material feeds into new material. If DC sees that old stuff is selling with Hal then they'll be more motivated to create new stuff with Hal as well.

There is also a generational aspect. Many of the current writers grew up reading 90s/early 00s comics and watching cartoons of that era so they naturally focus a bit more on those characters. I think it is likely that in next 5-10 years we'll be getting creators who grew up reading Green Lantern: Rebirth and what came after that. Some might even think that GL movie wasn't that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Meanwhile, there's going to be fresh fans of Hal Jordan created by the great evergreen stories he's been in. New Frontier, Sinestro Corps War, Blackest Night, and The Green Lantern functions in the same way for Hal as All-Star Superman/For All Seasons and Dark Knight Returns/Year One keep making new fans for those characters.
    I agree. I think this is why Redjack said that Hal is not going anywhere. DC wants to maintain the viability of those evergreen books. They seem to want to add a lot of new characters without outright replacing the old ones this time. Back in the day it mattered more to know if a story "mattered" or was still canonical, but continuity gets rewritten SO often now, it almost doesn't matter which makes those older evergreen stories relevant all the time - regardless of whether they're still in continuity but because you still get the core concept of the IP.

Incredible Member

DC VS. VAMPIRES #5

Written by JAMES TYNION IV and MATTHEW ROSENBERG
    Art by OTTO SCHMIDT
    Cover by TREVOR HAIRSINE
    Variant cover by FRANCESCO MATTINA
    $3.99 US | 32 pages | 5 of 12 | $4.99 US Variant (Card Stock)
    ON SALE 2/22/22

The future of the world is at stake as a battle to the death ensues between Batman and Hal Jordan! Will the vampiric Green Lantern be too much for the Dark Knight? Will the future of humanity be in the hands of…Jayna, vampire slayer? The bloody, bestselling series continues!

I guess thats the issue Hal dies then

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Ya never know - maybe they'll pull a Ned Stark and actually kill Batman for once...

On a side note, at least we'll be spared seeing Wonder Woman kick Hal's ass when she takes on the JL in "Wonder Woman: Evolution" as John's on the cover.

Although Hal will likely get his ass kicked in "GL" before John can save the day with his new special powers.
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 11-19-2021 at 02:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Ya never know - maybe they'll pull a Ned Stark and actually kill Batman for once...

On a side note, at least we'll be spared seeing Wonder Woman kick Hal's ass when she takes on the JL in "Wonder Woman: Evolution" as John's on the cover.

Although Hal will likely get his ass kicked in "GL" before John can save the day with his new special powers.
    At least Hal's front-and-center on the new cover.

I’ll always welcome more Hal comics but honestly being in the Injustice games has probably done more to grow his fanbase than any comic could. People come to these characters mainly outside of comics these days.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I’ll always welcome more Hal comics but honestly being in the Injustice games has probably done more to grow his fanbase than any comic could. People come to these characters mainly outside of comics these days.
    Especially when you had heroic Hal playable in the early story and Hal was a hero again in IJ2. Taylor even gave him a redemption arc with Ghost!Guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Especially when you had heroic Hal playable in the early story and Hal was a hero again in IJ2. Taylor even gave him a redemption arc with Ghost!Guy.
    Too bad Taylor's Hal is late-Johns Hal with none of the goodwill.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Don't forget that this is a horror comic that will follow the tropes of those stories in which the dude everyone thinks is going to save the day gets killed off. I think there's just as much of a chance of Batman getting bitten by Hal and becoming a vampire. Remember, Batman was killed off in the first issue of DCeased and Wonder Woman's big showdown with Zombie Superman ended with her getting quickly punched through the heart.

Everyone thinks it will be Batman but try and have some faith in the last of the Wonder Twins!

And also!...I feel like that cover for February is going to let us in that we can expect Hal to come out and play in the main lantern story.
    Last edited by sifighter; 11-19-2021 at 06:56 PM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Don't forget that this is a horror comic that will follow the tropes of those stories in which the dude everyone thinks is going to save the day gets killed off. I think there's just as much of a chance of Batman getting bitten by Hal and becoming a vampire. Remember, Batman was killed off in the first issue of DCeased and Wonder Woman's big showdown with Zombie Superman ended with her getting quickly punched through the heart.
    I know, I'm just setting my expectations low. So when the issue actually comes out I can say "told you so" or be pleasantly surprised. Win/Win