Page 278 of 298 FirstFirst ... 178228268274275276277278279280281282288 ... LastLast
Results 4,156 to 4,170 of 4458

It's really hard to quantify sales and popularity together but it's also hard to reconcile how divisive this franchise is for one reason or another (and I don't think it's any one person/characters' fault).

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's really hard to quantify sales and popularity together but it's also hard to reconcile how divisive this franchise is for one reason or another (and I don't think it's any one person/characters' fault).
    It’s because everyone wants their GL to be the GL. Wouldn’t be so big a problem if the franchise could support multiple books, then everyone could read their own. I miss the days when we had a “Lantern Family” of books. My favorite Lanterns are Hal and John, so as long as either of those two get something to do I’m fine. I’m happy with the current era since I can still follow John’s adventures at least, but if you’re not a fan of John, Jo, Simon, or Keli, you’re pretty much SOL.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Problem is that its not really enough to have few books. With more than 10 human Lanterns (+ Sinestro) we need GL to be on Batman's level to make everyone happy.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    At the expense of everybody else since his return.

How about we stop with cheap shots for a franchise that needs all the support it can get.
    The GLC was restored after Hal's return, at one point every GL was a main character in their own book. I think that was a lot more preferable compared to what we have now.

Noone is taking cheap shots, we just mentioned the fact that there's people who ironically always try to take cheap shots at Hal by making claims that have no real merit.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I feel like if Hal never came back to be the biggest target, the John and Kyle fans would have been at each other's throats. Fandom division seems inevitable.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    As for Jo not being compelling....

Far Sector
    #7 in Mystery Graphic Novels
    #9 in DC Comics & Graphic Novels
    #18 in Science Fiction Graphic Novels (Books)
    Yeah, I check out whats selling on Amazon ever few weeks and Far Sector had some staying power after its release. Hopefully it can become an ever green collection.

Let's not let an online discussion that started on a different platform bleed into these message boards. And since this is an appreciation thread let's make sure to not take shots an any other GLs.
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 11-21-2021 at 09:32 AM.

So... Any Arisia fans here?

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    Of her "relationship" with Hal? Doubt it. Otherwise, she's a good character.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    They had a relationship? Why'd you put it in quotation marks?

I thought Arisia was great. She was a top GL and I liked her relationship with Hal because unlike Carol at the time, she didn't make Hal feel conflicted about what life to chose.

But yeah, the whole "she aged herself up to be with him and he was okay with it" was weird, despite how they tried to retcon her as being older than Hal in the first place. It's probably what ultimately doomed the character, imo. (even though she showed up quite well in "GLC" where she was mostly paired with Yat)
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 11-21-2021 at 09:42 AM.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Yeah, she's fine on her own.

A lot of the stuff surrounding her is pretty bad though

They had a relationship? Why'd you put it in quotation marks?
    Because the nature of that relationship was rather disturbing, as j9ac9k described above. It's usually seen as a black mark on both characters' history. Probably didn't damage Hal as bad as, say, Marvel turning Hank Pym into a wifebeater damaged him, but Hal fans usually try to avoid that topic.
    Last edited by Johnny; 11-21-2021 at 10:06 AM.

I like Arisia .