Page 291 of 298 FirstFirst ... 191241281287288289290291292293294295 ... LastLast
Results 4,351 to 4,365 of 4458

Quote Originally Posted by Batgrayson View Post
    I love Teshirogi, but I'm not a fan of his superheroes' body proportions.
    It's a her, actually...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yep .

Those are really hard to miss chest logos.

Popping in here, what do you guys think about Waid writing Hal in a GLC book? I ask just out of curiosity, I have no insider info. But what prompted this was me thinking that maybe that GLC book teased starring Hal, Kyle, Guy, and Jess might still be coming and Waid seemed like an obvious choice to write it. He’s good at the OGs and he wrote Wally so he probably could do right by Kyle and the other legacies, he doesn’t mind playing with Morrison’s stuff, and I think Waid is going to want to play with as much of the DC toys as he can because this is his last chance to do so.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Popping in here, what do you guys think about Waid writing Hal in a GLC book? I ask just out of curiosity, I have no insider info. But what prompted this was me thinking that maybe that GLC book teased starring Hal, Kyle, Guy, and Jess might still be coming and Waid seemed like an obvious choice to write it. He’s good at the OGs and he wrote Wally so he probably could do right by Kyle and the other legacies, he doesn’t mind playing with Morrison’s stuff, and I think Waid is going to want to play with as much of the DC toys as he can because this is his last chance to do so.
    I know Waid can write a good Hal. I think he'd write a good GLC book.

I'm not sure if it will happen...I guess we'll see if more comes from his Batman/Superman book.

Astonishing Member

I'm under the impression that Waid's run in the Flash was pretty good. So I think that's a good idea.

I get my Wally runs confused from time to time... but I think he wrote a good Hal during the whole 'return of Barry Allen' arc.

Also and more importantly..... Didn't he really develop the Flash Family by bringing in Wally, Jay, Max, Johnny, Jesse and Impulse? If that's his experience than he'd be a great choice to write about a corp of people who all have the exact same powers... but still find a way to make them unique individuals.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    I get my Wally runs confused from time to time... but I think he wrote a good Hal during the whole 'return of Barry Allen' arc.

Also and more importantly..... Didn't he really develop the Flash Family by bringing in Wally, Jay, Max, Johnny, Jesse and Impulse? If that's his experience than he'd be a great choice to write about a corp of people who all have the exact same powers... but still find a way to make them unique individuals.
    You are thinking of the same man .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    You are thinking of the same man .
    That's what I thought. I think he's also the origin of the 'Speed Force' which I hate with a passion.

In fact, I'm not a fan of a Green Lantern Corps book in general. I'd much prefer Just Hal on earth weilding the most powerful weapon in the universe again. A whole team of people wielding the most powerful weapons in the universe is lame. They have to be massively nerfed to even be threatened. GL should be a Solo act.

But the same can be said of Flashes. Having the Flash Family diminished how awesome Wally should be. Loved Jay and Max... but it did put Wally back into 'rookie' mode... and even when Impulse showed up, he could still do things that Wally couldn't (like vibrating through solid objects like Barry).

But for all the faults there... He did make them all feel distinct and separate and that's something that GLC needs. I always loved Johns' descriptions of how John, Guy, Kyle, and Kilowog were using their rings uniquely back in GL:Rebirth. Really wish that stuck around.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    That's what I thought. I think he's also the origin of the 'Speed Force' which I hate with a passion.

In fact, I'm not a fan of a Green Lantern Corps book in general. I'd much prefer Just Hal on earth weilding the most powerful weapon in the universe again. A whole team of people wielding the most powerful weapons in the universe is lame. They have to be massively nerfed to even be threatened. GL should be a Solo act.

But the same can be said of Flashes. Having the Flash Family diminished how awesome Wally should be. Loved Jay and Max... but it did put Wally back into 'rookie' mode... and even when Impulse showed up, he could still do things that Wally couldn't (like vibrating through solid objects like Barry).

But for all the faults there... He did make them all feel distinct and separate and that's something that GLC needs. I always loved Johns' descriptions of how John, Guy, Kyle, and Kilowog were using their rings uniquely back in GL:Rebirth. Really wish that stuck around.
    Yeah, but putting Wally in "rookie" mode made it all the more poignant when he achieved something and surpassed the other Speedsters in my opinion.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Mark Waid writing Hal would be a pretty good choice for me since he's got the talent and his long relationship with Grant Morrison would ensure that the character doesn't simply regress to his Geoff Johns personality once again.

I want more Pansexual Beatnik Space Cowboy Hal goddammit.

Incredible Member

I think that Mark Waid writing Hal in any book would be great ! As I remember when Waid was writing JLA after Morrison back in the 90's , it was Kyle that was on the team.
    I've been reading comics for a long time, and I don't remember Waid writing Hal . I could be wrong ....

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    I'm under the impression that Waid's run in the Flash was pretty good. So I think that's a good idea.

Yeah I'm an older guy who was reading Waid when he was writing Wally the 1 st time around. And his run was really great.
    I would like to see him write Hal . I actually hadn't thought of it , until seeing the topic on here.

Fantastic Member Mutatis_Mutandis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Mark Waid writing Hal would be a pretty good choice for me since he's got the talent and his long relationship with Grant Morrison would ensure that the character doesn't simply regress to his Geoff Johns personality once again.

My feelings exactly.

By Mike McKone.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post

Waid's Hal reminds me more of Johns than Morrison personally, at least from what I've read. Maybe a little more straightlaced than either take.