Page 6 of 298 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast
    see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    But those are "our" Lanterns surrounding him so it should be our Hal as well.
    But with the Omniverse what is "ours" mean anymore.

Nevertheless you're probably right, but I suppose having an elder statesmen Hal might be cool - a general of sorts as opposed to a foot soldier

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    From the last issue of Metal.

It's 1990 all over again. Something told me they'd use the "everything happened" excuse to bring back old gray haired Hal for some odd reason and there we have it. Never understood the point of it before, I think I understand it even less now.
    Could just be a coloring issue.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

From the last issue of Metal.

It's 1990 all over again. Something told me they'd use the "everything happened" excuse to bring back old gray haired Hal for some odd reason and there we have it. Never understood the point of it before, I think I understand it even less now.
    Oh man. I hope it's just a coloring issue. I guess they feel the only way to elevate John Stewart is to downgrade and discard Hal.

I saw the promo for GL Future State and it has Venditti writing Hals part. So that's good at least.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    Oh man. I hope it's just a coloring issue. I guess they feel the only way to elevate John Stewart is to downgrade and discard Hal.

I saw the promo for GL Future State and it has Venditti writing Hals part. So that's good at least.
    Grey templed Hal isn't that hard to fix they could just explain that he dyes his hair, Im just glad they didnt retcon him back to Parallax.

I don't really think the grey hair is indicative of anything.

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    Whatever the reason is, let's please not use this appreciation thread against other characters. I don't want this to turn into another thread full of sour grapes against DC management for supposedly sabotaging certain characters in order to prop others. I've walked away from other appreciation threads that I used to love posting in for that reason. This is by no means any form of attack towards you or anyone by the way, I'm just saying let's try to prevent this thread from eventually turning into another "vs" debacle.

I think we'll have to wait to see Hal in something post-Death Metal before we make any assumptions.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Whatever the reason is, let's please not use this appreciation thread against other characters. I don't want this to turn into another thread full of sour grapes against DC management for supposedly sabotaging certain characters in order to prop others. I've walked away from other appreciation threads that I used to love posting in for that reason. This is by no means any form of attack towards you or anyone by the way, I'm just saying let's try to prevent this thread from eventually turning into another "vs" debacle.
    I wasnt trying to bash John Stewart or put him down.
    Just trying to think of a reason for Hal's sudden re emergence and much hated grey temple look that hasn't been.seen in decades.

DC's push of John Stewart into the spotlight was just a theory for that weird decision. Seems like a logical potential reason even though I disagree with it.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

I'm guessing Parallax can still be explained as possessing him but without aging him up. Perhaps this time when he was freed from Parallax he didn't go back to being younger again like in the original story, since now apparently he was already older by the time it got to him in the first place.

Him not having a book doesn't bother me as much as I find this completely unnecessary. While I do find it somewhat suspicious that DC management changes and Hal Jordan suddenly looks wrinkled and finds himself with gray hair again, I'm not going to speculate about the reasons and motivations for it. I'm just disinterested in a Hal Jordan that for whatever reason looks older than not only his fellow founding Leaguers that still look as young as ever, but looks older than Alan Scott as well. I just always found that to be absurd. Perhaps it makes me sound superficial or spoiled by the post-GL Rebirth era, but I just don't care for this portrayal at all.
    same here johnny.

reminds me of how hal was drawn in young justice season 3...

Was it just the one panel where Hal looks like that or were there more?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Was it just the one panel where Hal looks like that or were there more?
    It was just a panel

There's another panel where the Lanterns are at the party and Hal for some reason has no mask on but they're in the background so you can't see their faces clearly. I guess it could indeed be a coloring issue but it's really odd to have him stand prominently in front of the other GLs and look that old and at the very end of the "everything happened" story. It's not just his grey temples, he is wrinkled and his hair almost seems to be receding. It's a rather unflattering look to be honest.

For what it's worth Hal doesn't look old in this Generations Shattered panel.

Then for some other odd reason he was taken straight out of his debut appearance in the Multiverse's End one-shot.

I just don't know what's going on here. His appearance has been inconsistent throughout this entire event.
    Last edited by Johnny; 01-05-2021 at 01:38 PM.

There's another panel where the Lanterns are at the party and Hal for some reason has no mask on but they're in the background so you can't see their faces clearly. I guess it could indeed be a coloring issue but it's really odd to have him stand prominently in front of the other GLs and look that old and at the very end of the "everything happened" story. It's not just his grey temples, he is wrinkled and his hair almost seems to be receding. It's a rather unflattering look to be honest.

For what it's worth Hal doesn't look old in this Generations Shattered panel.

Then for some other odd reason he was taken straight out of his debut appearance in the Multiverse's End one-shot.

I just don't know what's going on here. His appearance has been inconsistent throughout this entire event.
    At least Aquaman is wearing a shirt.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Why does this remind me of Macross?

Cool new avatar; btw.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    Why does this remind me of Macross?

Cool new avatar; btw.
    Despite being "All-American", Hal has quite a few anime traits, imo.