Page 71 of 298 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581121171 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 4458
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    You know my interest in a new Superman animated show or a Wonder Woman one made a sharp 90 degree turn when I saw those promotional stills.
    Imagine if they did that for Green Lantern.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yes, they'll be on their fourth season on HBOMax.
    I'm so jealous right now.

You know my interest in a new Superman animated show or a Wonder Woman one made a sharp 180 degree turn when I saw those promotional stills.
    Yep. The WW forums keeps wanting them to make a WW cartoon and all I can think is “you guys better be careful what you wish for” because I really don’t think they’d like what they’d get lol. We got lucky that Timm seemingly connected with Hal because boy does he struggle with characters he can’t connect with.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Yep. The WW forums keeps wanting them to make a WW cartoon and all I can think is “you guys better be careful what you wish for” because I really don’t think they’d like what they’d get lol. We got lucky that Timm seemingly connected with Hal because boy does he struggle with characters he can’t connect with.
    It's not even just getting lucky with GL:TAS but genuinely good action cartoons for kids falling so out of favor with the Big Two.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I occasionally joke Timm did better with Hal in that one scene cameo in JLU than the he did with other characters where he had multiple seasons, or shows in some cases.

Astonishing Member

You know my interest in a new Superman animated show or a Wonder Woman one made a sharp 180 degree turn when I saw those promotional stills.
    You're refering to the new Aquaman cartoon right?

just heard that hbo max green lantern series will soon start filming.

man, it would have been cool if hal was in it...

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    just heard that hbo max green lantern series will soon start filming.

man, it would have been cool if hal was in it...
    The silver lining is they could naturally have bigger plans for him. The concern is what kind of plans are those exactly considering the character isn't been much of a priority these days.

There have also been speculations that given Sinestro's presence, Hal could still appear on the show down the line. Though I imagine not in a starring role capacity, otherwise he would've been announced alongside the other Earth Lanterns.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    The silver lining is they could naturally have bigger plans for him. The concern is what kind of plans are those exactly considering the character isn't been much of a priority these days.

There have also been speculations that given Sinestro's presence, Hal could still appear on the show down the line. Though I imagine not in a starring role capacity, otherwise he would've been announced alongside the other Earth Lanterns.
    i keep hoping that there are indeed plans...

there's the possibility of movies but that feels highly unlikely with the current climate. my best case scenario i guess is for zack snyder's justice league to become insanely successful and have zack himself take interest in making green lantern movies.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Hopefully we will find out that DC and WB have favorable plans for Hal.

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    Hal and...Ultraman?

The fact that the same artist who designed the Parallax look and came up with the Parallax name itself, draws such an excellent Hal Jordan is the peak of irony to me. Then again irony has always played a big part of this character's publication history and outside media adaptations so it shouldn't be surprising.
    Last edited by Johnny; 03-01-2021 at 12:44 PM.