Page 78 of 298 FirstFirst ... 286874757677787980818288128178 ... LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 4458

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    I am intrigued by the fact that Alan questioned Hal's character in regards to his personal life all the while not being open about himself....
    I think this can add an interesting, but positive dynamic between them, if writers are willing to put in the effort.
    If one were to address this, it'd be believable enough to think that Alan was projecting his own pressures to "get it together" and adhere to the ideals of responsible manhood in which he was raised. And perhaps a little envious of Hal who "gets to do what he wants," and live life according to his own terms, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Ending of the season is a good place to introduce the villain for upcoming season.
    Considering Sinestro is supposed be to on the show, that'd be an interesting dynamic. I'm going to hope that Hal appears towards the end to expose Sinestro, leading to the climax of the season with Sinestro being thrown out of the Corps and become the bad guy for S2. Here's hoping...

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    https://geekositymag.com/hal-jordan-...ern-tv-series/

So I don't know much about this site but it's run by Mikey Sutton who's had some credible scoops before. He previously reported that Alan, Guy, Simon and Jess will be in the GL HBO Max show about a year before it was officially announced, so I'm inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt about this. According to the article, Hal will appear towards the end of the first season of the show and if it gets another season, he would become a regular character. WB apparently were too scared to announce him from the get-go because of the 2011 movie. It also doesn't seem like there are plans for him to show up in the DCEU anymore. Naturally take it with a grain of salt but considering it comes from a source that has gotten things right before, I thought it's worth posting it here.
    really? well that's a big letdown.

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    really? well that's a big letdown.
    Honestly I think its a blessing, DC has done a lot better with their tv shows then their movies lately. Hal being on the TV side of things I think will work a lot better then the movies.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Honestly I think its a blessing, DC has done a lot better with their tv shows then their movies lately. Hal being on the TV side of things I think will work a lot better then the movies.
    i was actually hoping to see hal on both the small screen and in the movies. (and in video games...)

by the way, i think dc/wb has had some recent successes with their movie efforts too...

If there's truly some validity about the article and I do believe there is, there are both pros and cons to it. The pros are they haven't completely given up on the character and we could end up seeing him earlier than if he was planned to appear in a movie, given WB's track record. The cons are they appear to be so ashamed of him to the point of not even announcing him to appear on the show, despite that he would've been announced alongside 4 other human GLs. It just comes off as the ugly stepchild WB is too embarrassed to even advertise, who's neither going to be one of the main characters at first, nor is he going to have a more substantial role until a potential future season the show may or may not even get. Something is always better than nothing, but the optics of treating the character like the bottom of the barrel are just bad.
    Last edited by Johnny; 03-08-2021 at 01:36 PM.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I've been saying that Hal would be introduced at the end of the first season the moment that Alan, Sinestro, Guy, Simon & Jess were announced as the stars. This is building to Hal, not starting with him. Alan should come first, particularly with all the new story possibilities with him now, all while building up Abin Sur, Sinestro and, presumably, Abin Sur's sister, as the second female lead. We go through all the romance and tragedy of that, culminating in the death of Abin Sur, the training of Hal Jordan, the death of Abin's sister and the downfall of Sinestro.

Meanwhile, you've got Guy in the 80s exploring the Yellow Impurity and the yellow ring of Sinestro and Simon & Jess learning about the events of Emerald Twilight, the execution of Sinestro and the rise of Parallax.

If they pull this off, it could be absolutely awesome.

The beats for a banger of a serialized story are all there. And, John Stewart, of course, will be introduced by the end of Season 3 if it's a hit, regardless of whether the movie side does anything with him. Or the movie will be set in the TV show's universe.

If I'm right, season two would have a helluva Guy vs. Hal fight (That Emerald Fallout throwdown was amazing)

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    This was one of those occasions where white booted Hal works 100% for me.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    If one were to address this, it'd be believable enough to think that Alan was projecting his own pressures to "get it together" and adhere to the ideals of responsible manhood in which he was raised. And perhaps a little envious of Hal who "gets to do what he wants," and live life according to his own terms, etc...
    This is what I'm thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    This is what I'm thinking.
    Same here. I think Alan and Hal's fraught early relationship is a completely different vibe now. Alan very much seems to be projecting on fun-loving pansexual alpha dog Hal while he's stuck in the closet of his own making. It's another layer that doesn't negate the previous version of those events (and there's still a version of that out there where Alan was just a straight guy disappointed in hot shot ladies man Hal).

I think the HBO show will be leading the way with gay Alan, but I hope the comics get to play with some new Alan and Hal stuff soon.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    If I'm right, season two would have a helluva Guy vs. Hal fight (That Emerald Fallout throwdown was amazing)
    While I have yet to read every Hal vs Guy battle (particularly that one), I always get a kick of the panels. I loved their animated fight.

Sorry Bats, Guy is my favorite Hal-Hater. The Guy burns are epic.

That backhand though......

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Same here. I think Alan and Hal's fraught early relationship is a completely different vibe now. Alan very much seems to be projecting on fun-loving pansexual alpha dog Hal while he's stuck in the closet of his own making. It's another layer that doesn't negate the previous version of those events (and there's still a version of that out there where Alan was just a straight guy disappointed in hot shot ladies man Hal).

I think the HBO show will be leading the way with gay Alan, but I hope the comics get to play with some new Alan and Hal stuff soon.