Page 8 of 298 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Huh, wonder what happened there...not that I mind Venditti writing Hal again, though.
    Might be a misprint in the solicits. It woul be nice if we got two Hal stories, one from Venditti and one from Priest.

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    Might be a misprint in the solicits. It woul be nice if we got two Hal stories, one from Venditti and one from Priest.
    We're in agreement there .

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I thought Venditti's Hal was fine, but his over-reliance on trumpeting that Hal is the Greatest! was the epitome of how limited a writer he is. Compare that to Morrison's Hal and it becomes even more pronounced.

Show, don't tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I thought Venditti's Hal was fine, but his over-reliance on trumpeting that Hal is the Greatest! was the epitome of how limited a writer he is. Compare that to Morrison's Hal and it becomes even more pronounced.

Show, don't tell.
    On-panel it was more show instead of tell in my opinion. It was the solicits that kept having to mention Hal as the Greatest Green Lantern of all time but in the actual book Hal got feats but that was about it.

And this is the Rebirth run we're talking about and not his original run where Hal couldn't seemingly do anything right and then went renegade with a mullet.

On-panel it was more show instead of tell in my opinion. It was the solicits that kept having to mention Hal as the Greatest Green Lantern of all time but in the actual book Hal got feats but that was about it.

And this is the Rebirth run we're talking about and not his original run where Hal couldn't seemingly do anything right and then went renegade with a mullet.
    I never read solicitations, so what I'm talking about is from the comics themselves, which spent way too much time telling me Hal was the greatest. Hal's my favorite superhero and even I found it a bit much. Like Venditti was over-compensating because of his awful post-Johns run.

Y'know, the sleeveless suit may not look that bad provided the green part didn't go down to his crotch.

I never read solicitations, so what I'm talking about is from the comics themselves, which spent way too much time telling me Hal was the greatest. Hal's my favorite superhero and even I found it a bit much. Like Venditti was over-compensating because of his awful post-Johns run.
    I just can't recall any moments where that was really verbalized in the run. Hal's actions spoke for him more than any characters having to actually say anything about him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Y'know, the sleeveless suit may not look that bad provided the green part didn't go down to his crotch.
    Is it really sleeveless? I assume it's supposed to be black like the classic GL uniform.

I never really gave him a chance after that so it is a bummer that we don't have Priest writing this. I guess no GL books from Future State for me.

i think some artists can make it work.

there's also this...

Doc Shaner and Michael Cho are pretty great .

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Love me some Tony Harris!

SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

I just can't recall any moments where that was really verbalized in the run. Hal's actions spoke for him more than any characters having to actually say anything about him.
    That's fine. You don't have to remember all the times it got brought up for it to have still happened far too often.

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Love me some Tony Harris!

i was able to collect most of tony harris drawn master serie cards from the 90's.