Fantastic Member Mutatis_Mutandis's Avatar

A top 3 Hal Jordan moment for me.

RCO020_1592310956.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by MaxStirner_91 View Post
    A top 3 Hal Jordan moment for me.

RCO020_1592310956.jpg
    Pretty cool, so long as the planets aren't inhabited

BANNED

I don't even know why DC find Hal Jordan a bland character.
    It's like Johns delved into Hal's secret origin and all the emotional trauma things,
    but Morrison didn't even need any of that to give Hal a distinct voice and character.
    So it's great to see how Morrison handled Hal, but also sad that Morrison is finished with the whole story, and probably won't write Hal again.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kalai View Post
    I don't even know why DC find Hal Jordan a bland character.
    It's like Johns delved into Hal's secret origin and all the emotional trauma things,
    but Morrison didn't even need any of that to give Hal a distinct voice and character.
    So it's great to see how Morrison handled Hal, but also sad that Morrison is finished with the whole story, and probably won't write Hal again.
    I don’t think DC does think Hal is a bland character. Some creators do, but many others don’t.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I don’t think DC does think Hal is a bland character. Some creators do, but many others don’t.
    I mean the current editorial, he's not in JL, he's not even the main cast in GL,
    and he is not in any upcoming movies or TV shows, which I blame WB.

The quiet and great ending.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post

Another contender for my phone wallpaper.

Okay I want to double check here because sometimes I can get lost when it comes to Grant Morrison, spoilers obviously.

spoilers:
    So if I understand correctly Hal just connected with multiple lantern batteries across the multiverse and this in turn supercharged his ring? Is Hal now a multiverse level Lantern?
    end of spoilers
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Okay I want to double check here because sometimes I can get lost when it comes to Grant Morrison, spoilers obviously.

spoilers:
    So if I understand correctly Hal just connected with multiple lantern batteries across the multiverse and this in turn supercharged his ring? Is Hal now a multiverse level Lantern?
    end of spoilers
    Yup. However, who knows if anyone is going to follow up on that idea. My guess would be that this would make him a prime candidate for Justice League Incarnate with Barry

Yup. However, who knows if anyone is going to follow up on that idea. My guess would be that this would make him a prime candidate for Justice League Incarnate with Barry
    President Superman I guess didn't want to offend the green lantern on his team. Honestly I feel like the best thing would be for Hal would be to pick up from this run and Death Metal and establish an all new multiversal level lantern corps. Just grab some of the lanterns from the house of heroes or that we met in this run and go from there, especially with Earth omega and the whole new omniverse they could use a corps perhaps.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post

so beautiful and sad at the same time...

I guess as far of ways of writing him out, that wouldn't be too bad. At least he'd be with Barry.

I'm not really fond of established characters joining Justice Incarnate team for two reasons:

1. Going by the DC lore they should be either top tier team in the entire omniverse (or whatever we are calling that thing these days) or very close to it. So character joining it sounds big on paper, but nobody really thinks like that. Very likely they are not getting their own book and might just get few pages in some big event. So in practice being in JL (or even Titans) team is way more significant to the character since he would be getting some pages every month and maybe even some character development. So me it feels like a sleight of hand - character you like is getting recognized! But you'll see him maybe twice a year in couple of panels.

2. I feel like Justice Incarnate is mostly a vehicle for Calvin, speaking in wrestling terms, to get over. If we start sending there all established characters who we don't want running around in main Earth then he might get overshadowed and entire thing becomes kinda pointless.

Maybe lets just keep things simple and do Hal/Barry team-up book?

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I'm not really fond of established characters joining Justice Incarnate team for two reasons:

1. Going by the DC lore they should be either top tier team in the entire omniverse (or whatever we are calling that thing these days) or very close to it. So character joining it sounds big on paper, but nobody really thinks like that. Very likely they are not getting their own book and might just get few pages in some big event. So in practice being in JL (or even Titans) team is way more significant to the character since he would be getting some pages every month and maybe even some character development. So me it feels like a sleight of hand - character you like is getting recognized! But you'll see him maybe twice a year in couple of panels.

2. I feel like Justice Incarnate is mostly a vehicle for Calvin, speaking in wrestling terms, to get over. If we start sending there all established characters who we don't want running around in main Earth then he might get overshadowed and entire thing becomes kinda pointless.

Sounds good to me .

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post

Yeah, whenever I read about putting characters on these multiverse teams it always comes off as kind of a "kicked upstairs promotion" vibe to it.