Page 87 of 298 FirstFirst ... 377783848586878889909197137187 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 4458

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    I think that was the last DC animated work I've watched.
    There's been a lot since then...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Wild they haven’t made more animated GL movies. I thought the reason they didn’t was because they flopped saleswise, but I actually looked at the numbers and they seem to have sold great! Am I missing something? Don’t get why there weren’t more.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Wild they haven’t made more animated GL movies. I thought the reason they didn’t was because they flopped saleswise, but I actually looked at the numbers and they seem to have sold great! Am I missing something? Don’t get why there weren’t more.
    My guess is the corporate bean counters are still gun-shy after the flop of the 2011 film. This is also why Wonder Woman got a second animated movie, even though her first was a flop.

This would also be why the films are mostly Batman, Batman, and more Batman

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    My guess is the corporate bean counters are still gun-shy after the flop of the 2011 film. This is also why Wonder Woman got a second animated movie, even though her first was a flop.

This would also be why the films are mostly Batman, Batman, and more Batman
    The 2009 WW movie was amazing. I probably liked the DC animated movies better before they started the shared universe. Heard good things about Batman: Soul of the Dragon though. A lot of folks grew up with DC animation before Hollywood ever had a clue what a shared universe of heroes even was. It's also crazy to think that DC started doing those animated movies even before the first Iron Man film came out, so I can only hope the animation department puts out more quality stuff in the future whether they happen to feature my favorite heroes or not. Looking forward to The Long Halloween.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Define great. First one was 9.8 million.

Wonder Woman made $8.6 million. Yet the sequel got axed due to sales.

Both did better than Batman & Harley, Batman TDK both parts and others-who had box office runs. Both DOUBLED the sales of a lot of those Batman movies. Screw that they did that to a lot of the movie since released.

So what were the expectations for WW & Hal? That neither could get at least 2-3 more?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Never turn down an opportunity to save money.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    Never turn down an opportunity to save money.
    I get that .

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post

Both did better than Batman & Harley, Batman TDK both parts and others-who had box office runs. Both DOUBLED the sales of a lot of those Batman movies. Screw that they did that to a lot of the movie since released.

So what were the expectations for WW & Hal? That neither could get at least 2-3 more?
    To be slightly fair, I think at the time they were basing success off of how it did compared to Superman: Doomsday, which I think still stands as the best performing one. Even DKR and TKJ seem to fall behind that one.

But yeah, even those Batman ones started to sell less and less as time went on.
    Last edited by Gaius; 03-17-2021 at 08:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post

For WW I understand her debut wasn’t all that impressive, but it sold really well over time. But the GL sales seem to have been strong from the start, they came out during the peak of the Johns era, so I don’t get why there weren’t more unless like Bored says, the movie flopping really toxified the franchise for WB.

But man you look at those sales now and they far outperform even what Batman pulls in nowadays (although I think The Long Halloween will bring in the cash). WB needs to stop being cheap and give the animation side a budget again. These movies are a great way to make people aware of your lesser known characters. Just like comics they can be test beds for big films.
    Last edited by Vordan; 03-17-2021 at 08:49 PM.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Speaking of movies, in honor of St. Patrick's Day Ryan Reynolds actually watched Green Lantern .

"Maybe it’s the Aviation Gin talking, but #GreenLantern was nothing to fear! Hundreds of incredible crew and cast members did amazing work — and while it’s not perfect, it ain’t a tragedy. Next time I won’t wait a decade to watch."

Hope we get Green Lantern: Black and Green someday.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1372317822123188230

hmm... ryan reynolds has been tweeting lately about green lantern.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    The 2009 WW movie was amazing. I probably liked the DC animated movies better before they started the shared universe. Heard good things about Batman: Soul of the Dragon though. A lot of folks grew up with DC animation before Hollywood ever had a clue what a shared universe of heroes even was. It's also crazy to think that DC started doing those animated movies even before the first Iron Man film came out, so I can only hope the animation department puts out more quality stuff in the future whether they happen to feature my favorite heroes or not. Looking forward to The Long Halloween.
    Agreed. I loved the 2009 Wonder Woman animated movie, too. But it flopped, unfortunately. Meanwhile, all the shitty Batman ones sell great. Thus, more Batman movies.

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    https://twitter.com/i/status/1372317822123188230

hmm... ryan reynolds has been tweeting lately about green lantern.
    I'm glad Reynolds finally watched the film and has made his peace with it. Given how miserable an experience it was for him filming it, I can understand him never watching the completed film, but it was good that he finally feels differently about it now that some time has passed.