Page 18 of 35 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Dave Cockrum's son Ivan posted a NSFW picture of Kurt and Ororo.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbr...htcrawler/amp/
    I know, I saw them! Delightfully dirty, bless him for sharing them.
    854D936C-58E4-4E6B-9CB2-732865F230B6.jpg

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Uh... thats not the NSFW one and here is the colored version.

Unless they mean the other he drew with storm bathing in the pond naked and Kurt coming upon her.

I love drawing circus Kurt.
    01E20DB9-652E-4E04-8B2C-9AAEC66840C6.jpg

Melancholy Elf.
    7F48A15B-94F9-4292-BA54-E7F57CEB6DE5.jpg

Getting a bit bored of Kurt being the butt of all the jokes in Way of X, hope he gets to shine at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Proxy View Post
    People theories of Kurt being the 'kindly one' relating to the furies and Fae folk were right on the money.
    I haven't heard those theories, what does that mean, if you don't mind explaining? (Sorry, I didn't listen to the interview! I don't have 40 min to spare right now.)

Late to the party but I just read WoX 3... I liked the beginning where he was drunk, that was amusing, but after that... am I wrong in thinking he's being a major league prude?? I don't get it... Even the text seems confused about how he's behaving, like when Stacy says something like "I thought you were getting less Catholic" haha. On top of that, he's surprised people aren't taking care of their babies/don't want babies? He's Mystique's kid... how does that add up? Maybe it's meant to be confusing though... *shrug* I just can't come up with anything else!

Quote Originally Posted by cinnaminion View Post
    I haven't heard those theories, what does that mean, if you don't mind explaining? (Sorry, I didn't listen to the interview! I don't have 40 min to spare right now.)

Late to the party but I just read WoX 3... I liked the beginning where he was drunk, that was amusing, but after that... am I wrong in thinking he's being a major league prude?? I don't get it... Even the text seems confused about how he's behaving, like when Stacy says something like "I thought you were getting less Catholic" haha. On top of that, he's surprised people aren't taking care of their babies/don't want babies? He's Mystique's kid... how does that add up? Maybe it's meant to be confusing though... *shrug* I just can't come up with anything else!
    Yes. ten chars.
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 06-25-2021 at 09:16 PM.

He's not but he took his priestly vows seriously.

I’ll try to sum it up, the furies are from Greek mythology:

‘THE ERINYES (Furies) were three goddesses of vengeance and retribution who punished men for crimes against the natural order. They were particularly concerned with homicide, unfilial conduct, offenses against the gods, and perjury. A victim seeking justice could call down the curse of the Erinys upon the criminal. The most powerful of these was the curse of the parent upon the child--for the Erinyes were born of just such a crime, being sprung from the blood of Ouranos (Uranus), when he was castrated by his son Kronos (Cronus)’.
    The Furies wrath was greatly feared and so the greeks called them “the Kindly Ones” as a way for the speaker to name them in an appeasing way instead of harshly, for fear of offending them.

In their most well-known myth, the Furies pursue Orestes after he killed his mother. Orestes seeks asylum in Athens and he is put on trial. After he is narrowly acquitted, the goddess Athena gives the Furies new jobs as protectors of Athens. (People theorise that this is legion and Xavier playing out this myth, with Kurt as the fury)

Similarly, anyone from a European country has a history with legends of the fae folk. Although Fae are all over the world, they may be referred to differently. The Fae Folk, also known as the Good Folk or fairies/faeries, come from the Otherworld. Within the Otherworld, there are many different factions, political “parties,” and types of fairies and creatures. Even though you probably picture a fairy as a small, angelic being with wings, in reality, the Fae Folk are comprised of many different creatures. There is no one specific type of fairy.

Fae can be unpredictable. They don’t act like humans in many ways. If you do something that upsets them, they’re more than capable of hurting you. They have strict rules known only to them and respect is a HUGE thing when interacting with Fae. Disrespect their rules and suffer their wrath. But if they and their land are treated with respect, they provide kindness, healing, assistance and good luck.

Very whirlwind tour of legends. Si agreed in interview that he is taking from the mythology of the furies and knowledge of the fae folk.
    Last edited by Proxy; 06-26-2021 at 02:40 AM.

Kurt’s been having casual, premarital sex for 46 years now, so being prudish is a very strange character beat to write.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    Kurt’s been having casual, premarital sex for 46 years now, so being prudish is a very strange character beat to write.
    The more I think about it, the more I hope Kurt’s out of character prudishness is an extension of the existential crisis he seems to be having lately in regards to the new status quo on Krakoa. It’s pretty obvious, with his excessive drinking and general air of borderline depressive seriousness that he has lately, that he isn’t quite in his right frame of mind. Of course, we need to eventually see him admit to acting out of character and letting his feeling overtake his common sense for it to be a logical character progression and not a complete misstep by a writer that doesn’t seem to know him at all.

It would be nice if one of his old time friends, like Logan, Kate or Ororo, would call him out on his seeming hypocrisy. I can bet that if they heard him spew his “empty desire” line they’d be quick to rib him about his many sexual exploits over the years, like his Sex-cation with Bloody Bess or his hot tub hook up with the evil space Queen. Not to mention his overall flirting horniness.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Dave Cockrum's son Ivan posted a NSFW picture of Kurt and Ororo.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbr...htcrawler/amp/
    Delightful! I can totally see it happening in the early days of the All-New, All-Different X-Men. Bless Dave Cockrum, RIP.

It makes NO sense. Unless there's something else going on. Sure, Kurt went celibate for a while, but choosing celibacy for oneself is not the same as expecting everyone else to be Upstanding Moral Catholics (especially when they're not Catholic!). It's just bizarre. Kinda felt like Kurt was picked for this role because he's Catholic, and that's how some religious people behave. The fact that he's also Nightcrawler didn't matter so much. But I really liked the first two issues - and I didn't dislike 3, it was still enjoyable, just felt like off characterization, so I'd like to believe there's a reason for it that will come apparent eventually. We know Krakoa is messed up anyway. Prudish, religiously offended Nightcrawler is just not a thing that makes sense...

Proxy thanks for the rundown. I'm familiar with legends and myths but I don't know how they pertain to whatever was said in that interview. BF likes that podcast tho and tells me I should give it a listen but I'm like xD I'm just not a podcast person. It sounds interesting though. Will be cool to see how it plays out in the story.

It makes NO sense. Unless there's something else going on. Sure, Kurt went celibate for a while, but choosing celibacy for oneself is not the same as expecting everyone else to be Upstanding Moral Catholics (especially when they're not Catholic!). It's just bizarre. Kinda felt like Kurt was picked for this role because he's Catholic, and that's how some religious people behave. The fact that he's also Nightcrawler didn't matter so much. But I really liked the first two issues - and I didn't dislike 3, it was still enjoyable, just felt like off characterization, so I'd like to believe there's a reason for it that will come apparent eventually. We know Krakoa is messed up anyway. Prudish, religiously offended Nightcrawler is just not a thing that makes sense...

Proxy thanks for the rundown. I'm familiar with legends and myths but I don't know how they pertain to whatever was said in that interview. BF likes that podcast tho and tells me I should give it a listen but I'm like xD I'm just not a podcast person. It sounds interesting though. Will be cool to see how it plays out in the story.
    The Interview was good but Si only confirmed that he was following that mythology, he didn’t explain how or why.

Looks like Kurt’s going to be involved in the trial of magneto. What I thought was a nice cameo in Way of X #3 may actually be a plot setup, Bravo Spurrier.

^^^ so who is the red woman? What was she about, back then?