Page 21 of 35 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agatha's Ghost View Post
    I hope you all realize that Nightcrawler murdered Wanda. The bruise on her neck shows that the killer only had six fingers.
    Possibly.
    I have been wondering if Hickman wants Kurt off the table for some of the up coming Krakoa shenanigans and this would be an opportunity to do that.

Though I think it’s more likely that he’s a witness.

Incredible Member Agatha's Ghost's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    Possibly.
    I have been wondering if Hickman wants Kurt off the table for some of the up coming Krakoa shenanigans and this would be an opportunity to do that.

She ran from whoever attacked her. The most powerful Avenger ever ran. That means it was someone she was afraid to hurt. A drunken Nightcrawler would fit the bill.

She ran from whoever attacked her. The most powerful Avenger ever ran. That means it was someone she was afraid to hurt. A drunken Nightcrawler would fit the bill.
    Or a shapeshifter who looks like Nightcrawler...

All-New Member

This panel made me smile. Yes, it’s Kurt acting the fool, but clowning would have been his first stage work in the circus and this is a very Kurt way to diffuse the situation.

Attachment 111646
    Yeah, this was such a good moment. Just a delightful panel.

Incredible Member Agatha's Ghost's Avatar

Indeed. Perhaps a lesson to show Mystique a bit more respect.

He’s certainly the fall guy who would cause the most disruption to the Council if it was suggested to throw him in the pit (can you imagine, Mystique feigning concern, voting against the idea... bitch). And it would certainly spoil Ororo and Kate’s day. I’m sure Logan would also react in a mature and restrained manner.

I hope you all realize that Nightcrawler murdered Wanda. The bruise on her neck shows that the killer only had six fingers.
    As soon as I saw Kurt in their presence it in Way of X #3 I thought that they might make him the murderer. If the writers go down that route it’ll be purely for shock value.
    Making kurt the killer would make absolutely no sense narratively. Especially since he’s one of the only mutants who continues to be civil to Wanda in her presence and speaks up for her in her absence. Could their be underlying resentful feelings? Maybe, but Kurt’s not been shown to feel or think it, nor is he in the habit of feeling particularly murderous about anybody, even people he hates.

Even if it was Onslaught influencing him (Legion would know that’s what happened….or any telepath worth their salt for that matter) or if it was mystique framing him, I would truly think the council and his friends were lobotomized if they accepted that he was the killer without question. Unless of course the writers are planning a ‘Wally West’ assasination.
    Last edited by Proxy; 07-19-2021 at 02:31 PM.

He’s certainly the fall guy who would cause the most disruption to the Council if it was suggested to throw him in the pit (can you imagine, Mystique feigning concern, voting against the idea... bitch). And it would certainly spoil Ororo and Kate’s day. I’m sure Logan would also react in a mature and restrained manner.
    It would certainly cause disruption, on one hand the council should follow their own laws, on the other hand the majority of krakoa see Wanda as the ‘pretender’, the enemy. I imagine whoever did kill her (I really don’t think it’s Magneto) could be hailed a hero by the mutant people. It may even start a war between mutants and avengers…..isn’t that a thing that was supposed to be happening?

We really don’t have enough information yet to tell who it is, I think Nightcrawlers involvement in the trial of Magneto also relies on the conclusion of Onslaught revelations and where Spurrier takes that story.
    Last edited by Proxy; 07-19-2021 at 02:27 PM.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

That makes no sense . There is no motive to why Kurt would even want to kill Wanda. Probably a set up. And no he didn't until we know for sure. It could be some random Krakoan mutant or resident with six fingers.

Possibly.

This is to get him off the table? Is that a good way to do it?

Not really, not even a drunken Kurt would kill Wanda unless its an OOC moment and he has no motive to kill her. Probably Mystique who developed a hate for her and wouldn't be surprised if she used her own sons appearance to kill her, she's that awful. Actually, I'm pretty sure a lot of these plot threads are familiar. Being picked up on that are like 15 years old. And Talia is never going to take his place.

Yes.

What lesson? I guess Wanda should show her more respect? She developed a mad on for Wanda years ago.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

This panel made me smile. Yes, it’s Kurt acting the fool, but clowning would have been his first stage work in the circus and this is a very Kurt way to diffuse the situation.

Attachment 111646
    I don't know why people are saying this. I am pretty sure someone was using their powers on Kurt.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    I don't know why people are saying this. I am pretty sure someone was using their powers on Kurt.
    That was all Kurt, he completely diffused the situation and changed the atmosphere to circumvent violence and change Gorgon’s mood.

I can just see Alan Davis doing the same schtick with him in Excalibur (except Alan would make Kurt look sexy while doing it, I like Bob’s art quite a lot but he clearly doesn’t see Kurt as sexy)

That was all Kurt, he completely diffused the situation and changed the atmosphere to circumvent violence and change Gorgon’s mood.

I can just see Alan Davis doing the same schtick with him in Excalibur (except Alan would make Kurt look sexy while doing it, I like Bob’s art quite a lot but he clearly doesn’t see Kurt as sexy)
    Perhaps that is what is slightly off for me about it. I do agree it’s in character for Kurt to diffuse with fun. But it was lacking the debonair showmanship I’m used to seeing him do.
    If I was reading WAY too much into it (and I am) pratfalls like that are really hard to do, especially when you are full of anger and concern for others on the inside. Being skilled at comedy is the mark of a very good actor

In reality I expect it’s Bob and Spurrier thinking it’d be a funny moment and I agree they don’t consider Nightcrawler a sexy character.

Kurt has to suffer doubt and trial in this story, because he's the protagonist, and ultimately he's going to have to be the one to find the answers to his questions. So far he's found the messianic Legion, but we already see how Legion is too like his father in thinking he knows what's best for everyone else. I think in this issue we were very pointedly shown Kurt struggling a bit against Fabian's typically idiotic moral quandary while David went straight to tackle his father with the Xorns as back-up - and actually we saw an inversion where the uncertain Kurt solved his situation, while the cocksure David's went to ****.

Quote Originally Posted by Proxy View Post
    Perhaps that is what is slightly off for me about it. I do agree it’s in character for Kurt to diffuse with fun. But it was lacking the debonair showmanship I’m used to seeing him do.
    If I was reading WAY too much into it (and I am) pratfalls like that are really hard to do, especially when you are full of anger and concern for others on the inside. Being skilled at comedy is the mark of a very good actor

In reality I expect it’s Bob and Spurrier thinking it’d be a funny moment and I agree they don’t consider Nightcrawler a sexy character.
    Making clowning look easy is bloody difficult!

I don’t think either of them see Kurt as sexy. Which is fine, but it’s disconcerting because a lot of his fans do.

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Kurt has to suffer doubt and trial in this story, because he's the protagonist, and ultimately he's going to have to be the one to find the answers to his questions. So far he's found the messianic Legion, but we already see how Legion is too like his father in thinking he knows what's best for everyone else. I think in this issue we were very pointedly shown Kurt struggling a bit against Fabian's typically idiotic moral quandary while David went straight to tackle his father with the Xorns as back-up - and actually we saw an inversion where the uncertain Kurt solved his situation, while the cocksure David's went to ****.
    You’re correct, of course, but it does feel like Kurt’s been everyone’s whipping boy for four issues of a five issue series, we get the message now.

Saturday night Nightcrawler doodle.
    7095FC39-7D76-46DD-B669-295CCD193B9A.jpg