Page 28 of 35 FirstFirst ... 18242526272829303132 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Kurt was never really a prude as a priest to me actually. I don't think I would find that interesting. Priests can be confident and even be ok with their own celibacy and not look down at others sexuality so I don't count the time he pushed off Stacy or Cerise. Just taking his vows seriously. Unless you are a certain white something. Especially if you think ignoring your vows is going to get a ditsy like yeah uyuh OK he's a prude! From people that know better every time you point out someone not having sex --because they. are. a priest.

Laughing at all the angry girls and (their guy stans) that expected Kurt to have sex anyway. Then try to turn him into a creeper. Not saying its anyone here.
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 10-05-2021 at 09:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tobinator View Post
    Yeah, I agree with all this. I've also made my thoughts clear in the WoX and Onslaught threads, but writers seem to not get the reason people like Nightcrawler (hint: it's not because he spends all his time delivering sermons). It's like they haven't read even the first issue of Excalibur (or even Amazing X-men). WoX Nightcrawler's take on sex was offensively naive, his way of reconciling abuser and victim was itself horrifyingly abusive, his constant whining was grating, he immediately folded in every argument he argued, and his final epiphany was cartoonish. As a reader and a fan of Nightcrawler, I found WoX insulting. And the more I think about it, the angrier I get.
    Well, the image in your Av is kind of offensive. I also don't understand what you mean about WoX. He said one thing to Stacy X and I see that as Kurt being pigeon holed. I can't see a fan thinking that's the real him. Ugh that av. I can't believe CC did that thing he started with Logan and not long before it was published I pretty much said as much. Such a coincidence. Huh. As a NC fan that could have been the worse thing to do during his comeback from the dead. Bringing back something that was deemed as problematic when he did it already makes me wonder. Someone's getting old.

Trigger: Kurt saying no.

Last edited by From The Shadows; 10-05-2021 at 09:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    Kurt was never really a prude as a priest to me actually. I don't think I would find that interesting. Priests can be confident and even be ok with their own celibacy and not look down at others sexuality so I don't count the time he pushed off Stacy or Cerise. Just taking his vows seriously. Unless you are a certain white something. Especially if you think ignoring your vows is going to get a ditsy like yeah uyuh OK he's a prude! From people that know better every time you point out someone not having sex --because they. are. a priest.

Laughing at all the angry girls and (their guy stans) that expected Kurt to have sex anyway. Then try to turn him into a creeper. Not saying its anyone here.
    I’m not fond of priest Kurt storylines only because writers tend to go way overboard with the negative catholic stereotype that make Kurt appear out of character. I agree that a priest can take their vows seriously and practice them, while still being non-judgmental, open-minded and sex positive. I had no problem with Kurt walking away from Stacies offer before.

What I did find out of character is that Nightcrawler would judge Stacie for what she was doing and then call it a brothel used for cheap sex. That didn’t sound like Kurt to me, it sounded like he had to say something fundamentalist and emotionally charged to earn the slap down. I have no problem with NC questioning Stacies methods/motives, but the way it was done didn’t sound like him at all. It also appears to completely ignore any sort of history they have together other than basic setup: ‘I know this woman, she’s into sex, what is she up to now?’
    Last edited by Proxy; 10-06-2021 at 01:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Proxy View Post
    I’m not fond of priest Kurt storylines only because writers tend to go way overboard with the negative catholic stereotype that make Kurt appear out of character. I agree that a priest can take their vows seriously and practice them, while still being non-judgmental, open-minded and sex positive. I had no problem with Kurt walking away from Stacies offer before.

What I did find out of character is that Nightcrawler would judge Stacie for what she was doing and then call it a brothel used for cheap sex. That didn’t sound like Kurt to me, it sounded like he had to say something fundamentalist and emotionally charged to earn the slap down. I have no problem with NC questioning Stacies methods/motives, but the way it was done didn’t sound like him at all. It also appears to completely ignore any sort of history they have together other than basic setup: ‘I know this woman, she’s into sex, what is she up to now?’
    I agree with all this. What I was trying to say on both points. 1. A sex positive Priest that doesn't have to look down at sex while remaining true to his "calling." 2. And that remark to Stacy being out of character. I feel he was being pigeon-holed. I'll also add that it also came across as corny. I also don't like most priest stories with Kurt. Though I loved that Icons mini. It was only grim because he was breaking up a human trafficking ring. CC made him a pretty happy priest, he was the one that started the whole thing, and Kurt still got to play with Cerise in the Danger Room after declaring himself off limits sexually, lol. But after that just Arrrrhhh! Not good. Just a bunch of corny priestly stuff in between him kicking ass and the guy that did that could have a beer with his friends after just did not mix well with this not really a Priest but a Priest stuff because they made him more single-mined during it when they all went home. As I said there is also the corny stuff, making Kurt seem kinda dumb. Like the latest with Stacy besides the infuriating OOC bits.

Here is that fun with Cerise after that "incident." Kinda small, sorry.

What I could do without.

This was such a great era but short-lived sadly then it was thrown away for another event and a really big long story focused on two or three characters.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    I don’t think the creators find Kurt sexy, artist and writer are both heterosexual men, as far as I’m aware but then so is Alan Davis and he gave us the sexiest Kurt we’ve ever had. It’s not essential for a creator to find a character attractive, obviously, but Kurt felt positively neutered in this book. As well as prudish. Priest Kurt is the least interesting Kurt because of that.
    Kurt is one of the more interesting characters an artist can interpret. I love to see every artist take on him. Some artists draw him with a classic bone structured attractive face (like Alan Davis) while others draw him more demonic/scary looking and less attractive.

Quote Originally Posted by taozen View Post
    Kurt is one of the more interesting characters an artist can interpret. I love to see every artist take on him. Some artists draw him with a classic bone structured attractive face (like Alan Davis) while others draw him more demonic/scary looking and less attractive.
    I think Kurt going from a "beauty" to something more like a beast itself is rather interesting in story.

Quote Originally Posted by taozen View Post
    So many different takes, you could probably make a list dedicated to guessing which artists thought Kurt was sexy
    Last edited by Proxy; 10-07-2021 at 05:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    I think Kurt going from a "beauty" to something more like a beast itself is rather interesting in story.
    I liked when Kurt had the power to alter shadows on his person (is that still a thing?) It would be interesting to see him be attractive and then change the lighting on his face to look more threatening and beastly.

Quote Originally Posted by Proxy View Post
    I liked when Kurt had the power to alter shadows on his person (is that still a thing?) It would be interesting to see him be attractive and then change the lighting on his face to look more threatening and beastly.
    I think they later explained it more as something like turning invisible because he passes through a dimension.

Here is Kurt looking more monstrous in sort of shadow - in the window. Looks more lightly shaded. Art by Cockrum. It seems like it was Dave that was really into the shadows more.

It sucks because I am pretty sure I remember instances of what you are speaking of but I can't remember exact pages.
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 10-07-2021 at 05:23 PM.

Then there is the canon beauty.

I found something more to the shadows and its closer to gothic especially next to a gargoyle. He is still cute here though. Thats how Yu drew him... sigh...

Last edited by From The Shadows; 10-08-2021 at 07:48 PM.

This is basically how I felt about most of Way of X.