Page 11 of 35 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by cinnaminion View Post
    became a homophobe, had a breakdown, kidnapped dazzler, escaped to the morlocks, then died
    And I stopped reading Ultimate X-Men after that.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

First reviews are coming in. Looks good.
    https://comicbookdispatch.com/way-of-x-1-review/

A varied list of ten NC stories, series.
    https://comfortfoodcomics.com/2021/0...-anna-peppard/

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    A varied list of ten NC stories, series.
    https://comfortfoodcomics.com/2021/0...-anna-peppard/
    I would have preferred The Gift over Big Dare but since it gives an example of Kurt's struggle with his mutation and gives insight as to how he deals with it, for ill or good, it isn't a wrong suggestion. Though there is a lot of Kurt's character as the focus of The Gift with Kurt's hesitancy of revealing himself to Daniel, the little boy.

I really could not get into CC's last NC series but I admit, he got a lot of character focus and it dealt with his return from the dead. I think that issue of Excalibur where Kurt debuts his buzzcut is another essential along with Nightcrawlers Inferno, the Uncanny annual. Love that they mentioned Magik's II mini. I've been mentioning that for forever. But many folks don't want to read because Amada's in it.

Just read Way of X...
    Look forward to discussing it, this is very much a Kurt book.

Won't spoil it. But Way of X may very well be the definitive book for Nightcrawler fans.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Won't spoil it. But Way of X may very well be the definitive book for Nightcrawler fans.
    If the quality of the first issue is maintained during this run, I agree.

Astonishing Member

Got to say that issue went pretty much how I thought it was going to.

10 out of 10. 5 Stars. Best Book of the Hickman era and it’s not even close. It destroys the rest of them. Said this in the Way of X thread as well.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    10 out of 10. 5 Stars. Best Book of the Hickman era and it’s not even close. It destroys the rest of them. Said this in the Way of X thread as well.
    Yeah, and I think the reviewer posted in this thread gave it like a 9.6/7 or something. I'm thrilled but I haven't been looking at the previews just the stray cover or piece of art here and there.

Reading the Way of X book really highlighted how lonely Kurt actually is. It even looks like he’s made a nest in a small nook of his tower made just for him. I am itching for more meaningful interaction with his found family. Heck Dr Nemesis seems to be the only one giving him some semblance of positive attention right now, even if it is in the spirit of pursuing his own agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by Proxy View Post
    Reading the Way of X book really highlighted how lonely Kurt actually is. It even looks like he’s made a nest in a small nook of his tower made just for him. I am itching for more meaningful interaction with his found family. Heck Dr Nemesis seems to be the only one giving him some semblance of positive attention right now, even if it is in the spirit of pursuing his own agenda.
    Yeah, he feels very lost and lonely, he’s never lived alone, he grew up in a tiny caravan with three others then moved to Westchester and lived with his found family there. It did feel like he’s made a makeshift nest in the bifurcated tower. I thought it was so sad, sleeping alone with his books.
    I agree that Dr Nemesis, acidic and brusk as he is, is the only one who seems to have noticed.

He’s much happier in my fanfic!

I finally got to read Way of X #1. REALLY good. Aaahhh. Loved the interactions between Kurt and Dr Nemesis. I wonder if we'll be seeing Lost again. Magneto was brutal - though I have to admit I can't understand why Kurt or anyone thought a prank on him would go down well :P Also just loved how the issue was paced and that there wasn't that overeliance on ALL ACTION ALL THE TIME. They're letting things incubate a little. And what an ending!

But the best part for me was definitely that I did feel Kurt was very much himself. I hope the next issue wows me similarly.

Quote Originally Posted by cinnaminion View Post
    I finally got to read Way of X #1. REALLY good. Aaahhh. Loved the interactions between Kurt and Dr Nemesis. I wonder if we'll be seeing Lost again. Magneto was brutal - though I have to admit I can't understand why Kurt or anyone thought a prank on him would go down well :P Also just loved how the issue was paced and that there wasn't that overeliance on ALL ACTION ALL THE TIME. They're letting things incubate a little. And what an ending!

But the best part for me was definitely that I did feel Kurt was very much himself. I hope the next issue wows me similarly.
    Yeah, definitely ‘our’ Kurt!
    And I liked him with Doctor N too, their interaction was fun, Dr N was critical of Kurt’s thinking but not cruel.
    I think it’s obvious that originally it was Apocalypse who Kurt was butting heads with, think of the X Men issue 7 cover, but because this book got pushed back, they no longer had Apocalypse in play.

I just hope by the end Kurt is in a better place, I found the thought of him alone in his impenetrable tower, with just his wine bottles and his books, to be really sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    Yeah, definitely ‘our’ Kurt!
    And I liked him with Doctor N too, their interaction was fun, Dr N was critical of Kurt’s thinking but not cruel.
    I think it’s obvious that originally it was Apocalypse who Kurt was butting heads with, think of the X Men issue 7 cover, but because this book got pushed back, they no longer had Apocalypse in play.

I just hope by the end Kurt is in a better place, I found the thought of him alone in his impenetrable tower, with just his wine bottles and his books, to be really sad.
    It made me sad too, I wonder what Logan, Storm or Kitty would say if they knew he was sleeping on a thin blanket in an alcove with books and empty bottles his worldly possessions. Makes the Summer home look downright opulent