Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

happy new year Kurt and his fans!!!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    happy new year Kurt and his fans!!!
    Happy new year to you too and all the other Storm fans!

Y'know when I added posts about the MU and our favorite fuzzy Elf I thought of Shuri as well and the discussions they had in Doom War.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Crowning moment of awesome.
    Going to be a long time until this gets beaten.

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    Crowning moment of awesome.
    Going to be a long time until this gets beaten.

I always found this rather deep. It's from the X-Men Annual that guest starred the FF. And no mention of his religion.
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 01-02-2021 at 06:52 PM.

A rather funny demonstration of Kurt's teleportation powers. The whole issue was great.

Last edited by From The Shadows; 02-14-2021 at 01:11 AM.

Ok, I know I've been posting a lot. But is this proof that Logan wouldn't be opposed to three fingers? Kidding.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post

I always found this rather deep. It's from the X-Men Annual that guest starred the FF. And no mention of his religion.
    Now that has impact! I actually got a bit emotional. This is why Nightcrawler's the heart and soul of the x-men, this is why he's on the council.

I don’t think CC had grafted his religion onto him when this was written.
    But Kurt’s strength isn’t dependent on his faith, he’s just a good person and he’s very non-judgemental. He knows what Logan is, but he never gives up on him and he won’t let Logan give up on himself

Quote Originally Posted by Proxy View Post
    Now that has impact! I actually got a bit emotional. This is why Nightcrawler's the heart and soul of the x-men, this is why he's on the council.
    I respectfully disagree, I do think Kurt is part of the glue which holds them together (so is Jean, a team without either of them is lacking a moral centre) and that the Council isa great fit for him, better than being team leader.
    But ‘heart and soul’ is so amorphous, so vague, what I really think Kurt should be is the reason the X-Men was founded in the first place: a mutant who can’t pass for normal and without them, would be dead at the hands of mutant haters. I think they always should have someone on the team who looks strange or different (not necessarily Kurt) and, rather than being the religious focus on the Council l I would rather he be an advocate for the gamma mutants and the misfits, the outsiders, the Morlocks.

Sorry, will step off my soapbox now...

But Kurt’s strength isn’t dependent on his faith, he’s just a good person and he’s very non-judgemental. He knows what Logan is, but he never gives up on him and he won’t let Logan give up on himself

I respectfully disagree, I do think Kurt is part of the glue which holds them together (so is Jean, a team without either of them is lacking a moral centre) and that the Council isa great fit for him, better than being team leader.
    But ‘heart and soul’ is so amorphous, so vague, what I really think Kurt should be is the reason the X-Men was founded in the first place: a mutant who can’t pass for normal and without them, would be dead at the hands of mutant haters. I think they always should have someone on the team who looks strange or different (not necessarily Kurt) and, rather than being the religious focus on the Council l I would rather he be an advocate for the gamma mutants and the misfits, the outsiders, the Morlocks.

Not at all, I like your take on it. What heart and soul means for me is someone on the team who, as you describe can be an advocate. Not just for morality, but humanity. Kitty and Jean have also filled this role. I think you need someone in the team that can see a whole person behind their actions, looks beyond the black and white and holds onto hope for peace, understanding, forgiveness etc. Although Kate seems to be leaning away from this lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Proxy View Post
    Not at all, I like your take on it. What heart and soul means for me is someone on the team who, as you describe can be an advocate. Not just for morality, but humanity. Kitty and Jean have also filled this role. I think you need someone in the team that can see a whole person behind their actions, looks beyond the black and white and holds onto hope for peace, understanding, forgiveness etc. Although Kate seems to be leaning away from this lately.
    I think the problem isn’t with you and me and our perception of Kurt, it’s with the writers and their wooly and amorphous use of ‘heart and soul of the team’ to just mean ‘the one who preys a lot and builds a chapel’ which is not the same at all.

I think the problem isn’t with you and me and our perception of Kurt, it’s with the writers and their wooly and amorphous use of ‘heart and soul of the team’ to just mean ‘the one who preys a lot and builds a chapel’ which is not the same at all.
    True, writers interpretations are rather ambiguous in order for it to suit their needs.

I could be wrong but from what I recall his faith became a lot more integral to the character in the 90s post Claremont in uncanny. however I didn't read excalibur when he led the team so it could wrong if it was introduced more heavily there.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I could be wrong but from what I recall his faith became a lot more integral to the character in the 90s post Claremont in uncanny. however I didn't read excalibur when he led the team so it could wrong if it was introduced more heavily there.
    His faith really wasn't in the lime light again until CC's Revolutions in adjectiveless. Even CC, during Excalibur didn't mention it. Post CC Davis neither did Lobdell, Ellis etc. Of course it would be that way when Kurt returned in the 90's under Davis' pen who seemed to have say on Kurts portrayal because Seagal didn't touch it either or it wasn't focused on for so long people didn't think about it. The Movies, TAS it really is the driving force of most of his stories outside of any action. Quality of such focus was a mixed bag.

ETA: Whoops. I meant Revolutions not Reload.
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 01-04-2021 at 01:09 AM.

His faith really wasn't in the lime light again until CC's Reload in adjectiveless. Even CC, during Excalibur didn't mention it. Post CC Davis neither of Lobdell, Ellis etc. Of course it would be that way when Kurt returned in the 90's under Davis' pen who seemed to have say on Kurts portrayal because Seagal didn't touch it either or it wasn't focused on for so long people didn't think about it. The Movies, TAS it really is the driving force of most of his stories outside of any action. Quality of such focus was a mixed bag.
    thanks for the info. do you recall what writer in uncanny had him as a priest when he thought the church was a legitimate one? I think during the time Stacy x was introduced if I'm not mistaken. that was the first time I recall him being shown in that manner in the comics.