Page 22 of 35 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

I just think they look so cute here. Uncanny X-Men.

More teleporting with pals.

So does anyone have any thoughts about the COTA and the latest previews of Way of X? Or anything?

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    So does anyone have any thoughts about the COTA and the latest previews of Way of X? Or anything?
    I have a number of thoughts for Way of X. I’m wondering who is onslaughts anchor and why it might be Kurt:

Onslaught has to have anchored himself with someone who’s been resurrected and the resurrection would have had to take place before Way of x began because Xavier already felt his presence.

A while back Bob posted a preview pic of Pixie moving through some sort of ‘other world’ which shows a visual of Lost and Fabian talking. If Pixie has entered someone’s mind to find onslaught, the only person who knows those two are talking is Kurt.

Could be nothing but Legion appears to be having trouble contacting Kurt in the preview.

Spurrier in a podcast said that he wanted to give Kurt a big moment that will be remembered and used kitty phasing a bullet through the earth as an example. Si isn’t very subtle in his clue giving so I assume he means for Kurt to make some sort of self sacrifice.

Spurrier also said that the ‘kindly ones’ referenced in the earlier issues were the legend of the Fury’s who smite the wicked. Onslaught is seen in the preview to shout betrayer, and Kurt has been referred to the kindly one (who possesses righteous fury). Since he hasn’t dished that out yet, I’m thinking it’s done through onslaught.

Leading me right into Nightcrawler killed the Scarlet Witch. Way of X is ending, Trial of Magneto is beginning, he is a key witness but if he is Onslaughts anchor it’s completely possible that Wanda died by his hands….or tail….cause she was strangled.

It’s 2am here I’m crazy tired and I’ve spent WAY too much time thinking up wild theories!
    Last edited by Proxy; 08-13-2021 at 06:22 PM.

I am pretty sure the strangulation is Mystique who had it in for her and tried to kill her around the House of M and she probably morphed into her son to do it. I am pretty sure that attempt happened once already. Your idea is interesting... but I also think him being the anchor for Onslaught, if that's the case, that it has something to do with how affected Kurt was about Xaviers merging with Mags as Onslaught. They became pretty close in Excalibur when he stayed at Moira's research facility and once again in Brubaker's run. Kurt has an attachment to Xavier being that he saved him from a mob.

Though they already misinterpreted the thing that happened between Stacy and Kurt either because they didn't care to know and listened to the Stacy X fand from way back or are lying and both is pretty awful. So it may end up Kurt will be made a fool of once again just like when they denied his own leadership. The current crop seems to love the usual 2 characters once again. Why they can't let Kurt shine as well I don't know. I'll try to keep positive but that whole thing is making me doubt what is coming Kurt's way is good.

You take a rest, sorry, lol!
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 08-14-2021 at 04:15 PM.

I am pretty sure the strangulation is Mystique who had it in for her and tried to kill her around the House of M and she probably morphed into her son to do it. I am pretty sure that attempt happened once already. Your idea is interesting... but I also think him being the anchor for Onslaught, if that's the case, that it has something to do with how affected Kurt was about Xaviers merging with Mags as Onslaught. They became pretty close in Excalibur when he stayed at Moira's research facility and once again in Brubaker's run. Kurt has an attachment to Xavier being that he saved him from a mob.

Though they already misinterpreted the thing that happened between Stacy and Kurt either because they didn't care to know and listened to the Stacy X fand way back when or are lying and both is pretty awful. So it may end up Kurt will be made fool of him once again when they denied his own leadership. The current crop seems to love the usual 2 characters once again. Why they can't let Kurt shine as well I don't know why. I'll try to keep positive but that whole thing is making me doubt what is coming Kurt's way is good.

I’d like to stay positive and hope for Kurt to shine and come out on top in this story too. But I have doubts it will happen, they may be my theories but I don’t actually want them to be true.

You bring up a good point, Kurt does have such a strong sense of obligation towards Xavier. It’s not shown too often in the books but I’ve always found their relationship interesting.
    Last edited by Proxy; 08-14-2021 at 01:29 AM.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Proxy View Post
    I have a number of thoughts for Way of X. I’m wondering who is onslaughts anchor and why it might be Kurt:

Onslaught has to have anchored himself with someone who’s been resurrected and the resurrection would have had to take place before Way of x began because Xavier already felt his presence.

A while back Bob posted a preview pic of Pixie moving through some sort of ‘other world’ which shows a visual of Lost and Fabian talking. If Pixie has entered someone’s mind to find onslaught, the only person who knows those two are talking is Kurt.

Could be nothing but Legion appears to be having trouble contacting Kurt in the preview.

Spurrier in a podcast said that he wanted to give Kurt a big moment that will be remembered and used kitty phasing a bullet through the earth as an example. Si isn’t very subtle in his clue giving so I assume he means for Kurt to make some sort of self sacrifice.

Spurrier also said that the ‘kindly ones’ referenced in the earlier issues were the legend of the Fury’s who smite the wicked. Onslaught is seen in the preview to shout betrayer, and Kurt has been referred to the kindly one (who possesses righteous fury). Since he hasn’t dished that out yet, I’m thinking it’s done through onslaught.

Leading me right into Nightcrawler killed the Scarlet Witch. Way of X is ending, Trial of Magneto is beginning, he is a key witness but if he is Onslaughts anchor it’s completely possible that Wanda died by his hands….or tail….cause she was strangled.

It’s 2am here I’m crazy tired and I’ve spent WAY too much time thinking up wild theories!
    Onslaught is from a time when I’d stopped reading the X-Books, so I’m not familiar with its history.
    I hope they don’t use Kurt as its anchor, he deserves a win after being a (metaphorical) punching bag for four issues. I think Kurt might be Legion’s anchor in defeating it? He certainly doesn’t have the right skillset to take it on.

Regarding Kurt’s “bullet” moment, I think it depends on how Hickman’s larger Krakoa plot progresses.
    It can either get more stable and less cult like (ditching the Council and Crucible for example) with characters starting to act more ‘in character’.
    Or it will get more strange and more extreme.
    If it does get more weird and extreme, he may want Kurt off the board for a while as, if written in character, he is the most high profile character liable to call it out.
    And making him into Krakoa’s first martyr would fit with current themes. And means Way if X season 2 could have someone else at the helm (such as Exodus?).

I don’t think anyone would buy Kurt killing Wanda, though he could be framed for it (by Mystique?) but I do think he’s a key witness as there’s clearly a plot reason for him getting drunk. My money is on Exodus’s little acolytes, whose mutant abilities are unknown and could include power negating?

Though they already misinterpreted the thing that happened between Stacy and Kurt either because they didn't care to know and listened to the Stacy X fand way back when or are lying and both is pretty awful. So it may end up Kurt will be made fool of him once again when they denied his own leadership. The current crop seems to love the usual 2 characters once again. Why they can't let Kurt shine as well I don't know why. I'll try to keep positive but that whole thing is making me doubt what is coming Kurt's way is good.

Way of X was originally solicited for 11/08 and then pushed back to 18/08, the same week as the Trial of Magneto. I don’t know if that is plot significant?
    What worries me about the ‘Kurt is a priest’ schtick is that it might not be Si’s mistake but editorial diktat; the first use was by Hickman in X-Men 7 (Logan tells Scott to go talk to a priest). So we may be blaming the wrong person, Spurrier may have been told by editorial that Kurt is still ordained (though how you explain the sex scenes with Rachel is beyond me?) and, even more worrying, I have a horror that he might be a priest in the reboot of the X-Men in the cinematic universe. Which I would absolutely hate and loathe but makes certain dramatic sense as a USP, not that he should need one, surely just being Kurt (the blue, circus raised acrobat turned superhero) is enough? But it makes him distinct and different from the Fox X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    Onslaught is from a time when I’d stopped reading the X-Books, so I’m not familiar with its history.
    I hope they don’t use Kurt as its anchor, he deserves a win after being a (metaphorical) punching bag for four issues. I think Kurt might be Legion’s anchor in defeating it? He certainly doesn’t have the right skillset to take it on.

Regarding Kurt’s “bullet” moment, I think it depends on how Hickman’s larger Krakoa plot progresses.
    It can either get more stable and less cult like (ditching the Council and Crucible for example) with characters starting to act more ‘in character’.
    Or it will get more strange and more extreme.
    If it does get more weird and extreme, he may want Kurt off the board for a while as, if written in character, he is the most high profile character liable to call it out.
    And making him into Krakoa’s first martyr would fit with current themes. And means Way if X season 2 could have someone else at the helm (such as Exodus?).

I don’t think anyone would buy Kurt killing Wanda, though he could be framed for it (by Mystique?) but I do think he’s a key witness as there’s clearly a plot reason for him getting drunk. My money is on Exodus’s little acolytes, whose mutant abilities are unknown and could include power negating?

Way of X was originally solicited for 11/08 and then pushed back to 18/08, the same week as the Trial of Magneto. I don’t know if that is plot significant?
    What worries me about the ‘Kurt is a priest’ schtick is that it might not be Si’s mistake but editorial diktat; the first use was by Hickman in X-Men 7 (Logan tells Scott to go talk to a priest). So we may be blaming the wrong person, Spurrier may have been told by editorial that Kurt is still ordained (though how you explain the sex scenes with Rachel is beyond me?) and, even more worrying, I have a horror that he might be a priest in the reboot of the X-Men in the cinematic universe. Which I would absolutely hate and loathe but makes certain dramatic sense as a USP, not that he should need one, surely just being Kurt (the blue, circus raised acrobat turned superhero) is enough? But it makes him distinct and different from the Fox X-Men.
    A morbid thought, but no one would buy what Wally West did either.

Ah I don’t even want to think about what they’ll do to him in the MCU, they don’t exactly have a great track record for comic canon.
    While it could be that editorial play a part in the whole priest thing, I do expect a writer to do some homework about an existing property/character they write for (looking at you again MCU!). It would take a quick google search to know Kurt’s not ordained. If Si wants to write him like that then it’s his choice and that’s fine, but please stop saying it in interviews like it’s a statement of fact.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Proxy View Post
    A morbid thought, but no one would buy what Wally West did either.

Ah I don’t even want to think about what they’ll do to him in the MCU, they don’t exactly have a great track record for comic canon.
    While it could be that editorial play a part in the whole priest thing, I do expect a writer to do some homework about an existing property/character they write for (looking at you again MCU!). It would take a quick google search to know Kurt’s not ordained. If Si wants to write him like that then it’s his choice and that’s fine, but please stop saying it in interviews like it’s a statement of fact.
    I freely admit that I could be 100% wrong on all of this!
    The taking-Kurt-of-the-table is utter conjecture; it’s what I would do if Krakoa goes in one direction. But there are plenty of other ways to do it.
    The witness to the murder aspect, I’m pretty sure of, the drunk at the gala is a ‘Chekov’s gun’ moment.

UGH! What is the priest obsession? I hope he isn't an ordained Preist in the cinematic verse. I hope your fears are wrong. On it being mandated it could possibly be so and you said the dates were moved? Hmmm... Well, I don't know...

In the first scan- I am not sure but CC and Byrne must have changed since back then. When I first saw the middle panel when I first picked this up when I was young it was quite a shock. Marvel had a sense of humor about themselves I guess?

Last edited by From The Shadows; 08-14-2021 at 05:41 PM.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

So what could Kurt have seen? The kids? Some people think Tommy. I actually now have to wonder if its a physical form of Onslaught. The second cover has both Dazzler and Pixie wrapped up too, so how does she factor into this? Unless her powers covered up the killer from Wanda?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    So what could Kurt have seen? The kids? Some people think Tommy. I actually now have to wonder if its a physical form of Onslaught. The second cover has both Dazzler and Pixie wrapped up too, so how does she factor into this? Unless her powers covered up the killer from Wanda?
    Shite. I forgot he made a return in the 2010s, under Aaron I think? But wasn't Kurt dead at the time? I didn't read that one.