Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 191
  1. #61
    Amazing Member Proxy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Posts
    75

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    Some new panels from Way of X. From the artist’s Twitter.
    Attachment 105681

    Attachment 105682
    Seems like Pixie is going to play a big role. I'm really liking the art so far, at the same time I noticed since the Hickman run Kurt's lost a significant amount of muscle mass. He's looking more and more like an Elf...or a pixie!

  2. #62
    Mighty Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,535

    Default E

    Quote Originally Posted by Proxy View Post
    Seems like Pixie is going to play a big role. I'm really liking the art so far, at the same time I noticed since the Hickman run Kurt's lost a significant amount of muscle mass. He's looking more and more like an Elf...or a pixie!
    Yeah, all the artists seem to be drawing him slighter and younger in face. I thought it was just different styles, but it seems to be across the board. As long as he has an athlete’s build, I’m okay, and I’d rather that than the hideous 90s muscles.

  3. #63
    Being mysterious... From The Shadows's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    The Outback
    Posts
    3,919

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    Some new panels from Way of X. From the artistís Twitter.
    Attachment 105681

    Attachment 105682
    Like that art, so what do people think is going to happen in this book? This is pretty amazing. We wanted something like this for a while. Shouldn't this place be busier? What do you think may happen? What would you like to see happen? I know this team has a certain focus but if Cerise were to drop by it would be nice. One issue dedicated to them would be great. We don't have to leave out the team she can even aid them.
    The (old) Hank McCoy thread. https://community.cbr.com/showthread...on-Thread-2020

    Interested in knowing more about Balder? https://community.cbr.com/showthread...on-Thread-2020

  4. #64
    Mighty Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,535

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    Like that art, so what do people think is going to happen in this book? This is pretty amazing. We wanted something like this for a while. Shouldn't this place be busier? What do you think may happen? What would you like to see happen? I know this team has a certain focus but if Cerise were to drop by it would be nice. One issue dedicated to them would be great. We don't have to leave out the team she can even aid them.

    Gosh, what’s going to happen?
    Not got a clue. The writer is new to me, he’s a Brit and has worked for DC on Hellblazer and is critically acclaimed, which is a good start.


    Interesting quotes.
    “ Again, without going too far into it, there's a beat at the end of Issue #1 which changes everything. I think it’ll catch a lot of people off-guard. By the time we get to Issue #2, our main cast will be a lot more noteworthy, let’s put it that way...”

    Wonder what he means by ‘noteworthy’?

    “ It’s not a straight-up find-a-baddie-and-kick-their-ass book. It's more like there are ideas in the shape of individuals who are gradually chipping away at the things the mutants thought they had.”

    “ One of the things we do quite quickly is to separate any of our philosophical pondering from Kurt's Catholic beliefs, or anyone else's beliefs. We have cast members of other faiths involved in this story, and it quite quickly becomes clear that there is no way that any single faith is going to solve the problem. It doesn't work like that. So, when we talk about the Way of X it's not a god, or a bible, or a prayer system. It's a pathway. It's more Tao than faith.”

  5. #65
    Mighty Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,535

    Default

    This also interests me.
    “I feel like this book is the next logical step in the X-expansion -- X-pansion? sorry -- because up till now, most of the stories that have been told have taken place around the edges of this new empire. They've been about attack, defense and exploration. Small groups of people having their own adventures and intrigues. What I felt was missing is, “What's it like to just live in this place? What sort of drama and terrors would be encountered on a daily basis?” What I discovered, when I spent some time thinking about that, is that if you're a council member or one of the big-name heroes, you're probably so busy doing the big world-shaking stuff that you wouldn't even recognize that there was something wrong in the layers of culture and community below it.

    Are we going to see some of the ‘lower decks’ lives; the lives of mutants who aren’t on teams, who aren’t big names? That would be very cool and interesting to me.

    Also, the bolded is also curious, as Kurt is on the Council. I’ve long thought that he’s the outlier on the Council as he’s the one who isn’t powerful.
    All the other council members are goddesses, business magnets, immortal, Omegas, members of The Hellfire Club, the founders of the ination, they’re all, in their own way, powerful, even Mystique, who clearly has power over Eric and Charles. Except him. I want Kurt to be the one who looks out for the little guys, the Gammas, the not so powerful, not so lucky big name mutants.

  6. #66
    Being mysterious... From The Shadows's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    The Outback
    Posts
    3,919

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    I did like his X-Men Red costume. And the beard.
    It’s so much more than I was expecting!

    Attachment 104538
    Missed this! Liked that one alot!



    There is also this costume. Since Marvel loves the Classic look I'm thinking this is close enough but with some additions/alterations. Cut his hair and give him a beard -- Wal-la!



    The (old) Hank McCoy thread. https://community.cbr.com/showthread...on-Thread-2020

    Interested in knowing more about Balder? https://community.cbr.com/showthread...on-Thread-2020

  7. #67
    Being mysterious... From The Shadows's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    The Outback
    Posts
    3,919

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    This also interests me.
    “I feel like this book is the next logical step in the X-expansion -- X-pansion? sorry -- because up till now, most of the stories that have been told have taken place around the edges of this new empire. They've been about attack, defense and exploration. Small groups of people having their own adventures and intrigues. What I felt was missing is, “What's it like to just live in this place? What sort of drama and terrors would be encountered on a daily basis?” What I discovered, when I spent some time thinking about that, is that if you're a council member or one of the big-name heroes, you're probably so busy doing the big world-shaking stuff that you wouldn't even recognize that there was something wrong in the layers of culture and community below it.

    Are we going to see some of the ‘lower decks’ lives; the lives of mutants who aren’t on teams, who aren’t big names? That would be very cool and interesting to me.

    Also, the bolded is also curious, as Kurt is on the Council. I’ve long thought that he’s the outlier on the Council as he’s the one who isn’t powerful.
    All the other council members are goddesses, business magnets, immortal, Omegas, members of The Hellfire Club, the founders of the ination, they’re all, in their own way, powerful, even Mystique, who clearly has power over Eric and Charles. Except him. I want Kurt to be the one who looks out for the little guys, the Gammas, the not so powerful, not so lucky big name mutants.
    Like that. I always wanted Kurt to even venture out into the rest of the MU and help mutants in the poorer areas or those in the most danger as you said weaker or more obvious as ones, he could be this and many other things. BUT him being more proactive than the usual speech but then get shifted in the background again. The council is no longer enough he needs to be more proactive again (so this book is a life saver -breathing new life into the character) I think. And funny that's what he said in Excalibur with Ellis' writing.
    The (old) Hank McCoy thread. https://community.cbr.com/showthread...on-Thread-2020

    Interested in knowing more about Balder? https://community.cbr.com/showthread...on-Thread-2020

  8. #68
    Amazing Member Proxy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Posts
    75

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    Like that. I always wanted Kurt to even venture out into the rest of the MU and help mutants in the poorer areas or those in the most danger as you said weaker or more obvious as ones, he could be this and many other things. BUT him being more proactive than the usual speech but then get shifted in the background again. The council is no longer enough he needs to be more proactive again (so this book is a life saver -breathing new life into the character) I think. And funny that's what he said in Excalibur with Ellis' writing.

    Same, Kurt's always looked out for others. It'll be nice if we can see him taking an active role in the everyday struggles that mutants experience in this new way of life. I'm intrigued by how they are going to form a new Tao. Sounds like we may get a diverse team of butt-kicking theologians.

    I've been bothered for a while now by his role in the quiet council. I feel a lot of his 'power' on the council comes from his humanity. He's not a god/omega/powerhouse so he has to survive and keep up with is OP teammates in creative ways. Putting him the unique position of not always being able to rely on his powers to solve a problem. Some of the stuff the council has done (even if Kurt was voting against them) just feels like something he wouldn't just accept because they took a vote. So I suppose I would like this book to explore the conflicting role of working for the people and working for the council.

  9. #69
    Being mysterious... From The Shadows's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    The Outback
    Posts
    3,919

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Proxy View Post
    Same, Kurt's always looked out for others. It'll be nice if we can see him taking an active role in the everyday struggles that mutants experience in this new way of life. I'm intrigued by how they are going to form a new Tao. Sounds like we may get a diverse team of butt-kicking theologians.

    I've been bothered for a while now by his role in the quiet council. I feel a lot of his 'power' on the council comes from his humanity. He's not a god/omega/powerhouse so he has to survive and keep up with is OP teammates in creative ways. Putting him the unique position of not always being able to rely on his powers to solve a problem. Some of the stuff the council has done (even if Kurt was voting against them) just feels like something he wouldn't just accept because they took a vote. So I suppose I would like this book to explore the conflicting role of working for the people and working for the council.
    Yeah, I agree well I think the QC has been less than satisfactory for me for precisely what you say because he was chosen as the Friend/Conscience close to what Marvel themselves said because they felt that's what others look for in his character (not me really) so that definitely has an effect.

    Though, I do wonder what's going on with him and Pixie on that cover, it looks like Kurt is going "nah-ah-ah" or something - Kurt putting his senior cap on?

    ETA: But kicking theologians - may have Kurt expand his own thoughts beliefs as well. at least I think Kurt is pretty open-mined to others in his respect. That may go further than that here.
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 02-08-2021 at 02:26 PM.
    The (old) Hank McCoy thread. https://community.cbr.com/showthread...on-Thread-2020

    Interested in knowing more about Balder? https://community.cbr.com/showthread...on-Thread-2020

  10. #70
    Being mysterious... From The Shadows's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    The Outback
    Posts
    3,919

    Default



    Like father like daughter.

    Last edited by From The Shadows; 02-08-2021 at 02:33 PM.
    The (old) Hank McCoy thread. https://community.cbr.com/showthread...on-Thread-2020

    Interested in knowing more about Balder? https://community.cbr.com/showthread...on-Thread-2020

  11. #71
    Mighty Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,535

    Default

    Quite pleased with the Kurt doodle I did tonight, only took about an hour. Not ref used for the pose but I did need a reference for the Red costume.
    I’ve been drawing him most evenings, it’s good practice. Most of them are too rude to post here though.
    D4A1CC43-EB71-4A12-B796-AD092879E701.jpg

  12. #72
    Being mysterious... From The Shadows's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    The Outback
    Posts
    3,919

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    Quite pleased with the Kurt doodle I did tonight, only took about an hour. Not ref used for the pose but I did need a reference for the Red costume.
    I’ve been drawing him most evenings, it’s good practice. Most of them are too rude to post here though.
    D4A1CC43-EB71-4A12-B796-AD092879E701.jpg
    That's pretty good.
    The (old) Hank McCoy thread. https://community.cbr.com/showthread...on-Thread-2020

    Interested in knowing more about Balder? https://community.cbr.com/showthread...on-Thread-2020

  13. #73
    Mighty Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,535

    Default

    Pretty Dauterman cover for Marauders, thanks to Butterflykyss for posting.

    6DB956A1-F142-4864-93E0-62C057688349.jpg

  14. #74
    Amazing Member Proxy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Posts
    75

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    Pretty Dauterman cover for Marauders, thanks to Butterflykyss for posting.

    6DB956A1-F142-4864-93E0-62C057688349.jpg
    Very Nice!

  15. #75
    Being mysterious... From The Shadows's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    The Outback
    Posts
    3,919

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    Pretty Dauterman cover for Marauders, thanks to Butterflykyss for posting.

    6DB956A1-F142-4864-93E0-62C057688349.jpg
    Quite lovely. This trio is rarely shown together just by themselves but they are very close. Though, there has been some division between Ro and Kitty on and off over the years. Starting when Storm had to disconnect with Kitty due to her changes and it was the same for Kitty later as she grew away from Storm overseas. Then there was friction over the past few years for reasons as well but still... Kurt never stays on the outs with anyone for long if ever.
    The (old) Hank McCoy thread. https://community.cbr.com/showthread...on-Thread-2020

    Interested in knowing more about Balder? https://community.cbr.com/showthread...on-Thread-2020

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •